Bast'

Interview cancellation notice from uscis

21 posts in this topic

Same thing happened to my Dad’s Adjustment of Status interview. Status was saying  that his interview was cancelled 1 week before his scheduled interview. We still went to the interview today, seems like online cancellation was just a trick or system glitch. Even officers doesn’t even know the cancellation when we checked in. 

I’m so happy we went in, I acted as my Dad’s petitioner and translator. He got approved today to be a legal permanent resident. Yay! After months of waiting and loads of paperwork! So please dont just rely on what you see online, still go to your scheduled interview, you’ll never know! He would have been denied by his absence if we never went! 

Questions are as follows:

What made you decide to apply for Adjustment of Status?

Did you overstay?

Where are the rest of the family?

Ever been arrested? 

The officer was really nice and was even joking all throughout the interview. 

Honesty and smile is the key! 😍

Same thing happened to my Dad’s Adjustment of Status interview. Status was saying  that his interview was cancelled 1 week before his scheduled interview. We still went to the interview today, seems like online cancellation was just a trick or system glitch. Even officers doesn’t even know the cancellation when we checked in. 

I’m so happy we went in, I acted as my Dad’s petitioner and translator. He got approved today to be a legal permanent resident. Yay! After months of waiting and loads of paperwork! So please dont just rely on what you see online, still go to your scheduled interview, you’ll never know! He would have been denied by his absence if we never went! 

Did you overstay?

Ever been arrested? 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Got my "Interview Cancelled" notice. But my interview wasn't even scheduled on the first place. So there is no date I can go there ;)

So I am freaking out a little bit. 

One more thing: we are moving to new place, so I applied to "change of address", maybe that is somehow connected... I hope they didn't put me in the beginning of the line ;) I am waiting since last summer already ;))))

Timeline:  

16-JUL-2018 - Mailed AOS package (130/130A/485/864/765) - DAY1

26-JUL-2018 - Checks cashed-in and e-notifications received - DAY11

31-JUL-2018 - NOAs (hardcopies) received in mail - DAY16

03-AUG-2018 - Biometric invitation received in mail - DAY19

16-AUG-2018 - Biometric appointment DAY32

09-AUF-2018 - RFE

05-SEP-2018 - USCIS received submission for RFE

12-SEP-2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

02-NOV-2018 - EAD approved (email notice)

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 3:38 PM, Deekaren said:

Did you overstay?

Ever been arrested? 

Did you overstay?

Ever been arrested? 

Did your father overstay? I am just curious as a family friend was just telling me they are doing an adjustment of status for their daughter who overstayed - but she is required to go back to her home country. It isn't being forgiven as it has in the past apparently in her case. So was just curious. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

Did your father overstay? I am just curious as a family friend was just telling me they are doing an adjustment of status for their daughter who overstayed - but she is required to go back to her home country. It isn't being forgiven as it has in the past apparently in her case. So was just curious. Thanks!

He did. For 2 months

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a notice of interview is cancelled without having a date already given. I have requested to expedite my EAD and received an email today asking for proof of job offer. I don’t know if this is just a coincidence or if they are linked together. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.