American Lass

Very bad news for us

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
You have plenty of time our wedding was the 2nd July and at this time last year i was in the same position as you and I had my interview on the 6th May so please do not panic i feel better knowing that your wedding is not until the end of JULY!!!!! It will be a breaze trust me I had 2 weeks notice about my interview and I was in a panic this time last year waiting to hear about it.

Crazy Brit

That's sooo good to hear. :) Thanks for the reassuring words, Crazy Brit. We're both feeling much better after hearing that.

yeah dont worry, they send out generic canned responses alllll the time. Then suddenly you'll get an email that totally contradicts what the last one said. You have enough time, just make sure you have everything ready for your interview! :thumbs:

~James

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

I wouldn't worry too much - they always say that!!!!

Is your wedding July 29th? So is ours!!!!

I'd email them next week again just to ask!!

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

We received the same response from the London Embassy when we inquired about timeframes. Just relax and everything will be fine.

We submitted all our paperwork approximately mid-January. After that we e-mailed them regularly and got the same exact response you did (for quite some time). We were getting very desperate (wedding date April 1st, flights booked, etc...). We got our interview date information mid-February. So it was about a month or so (maybe slightly longer) after we submitted the rest of the paperwork. My fiance's interview was March 7th. It went very smoothly, and he received his visa the next day (Wednesday). That Friday he came to the U.S.

We know the feeling, but try to relax. You still have a lot of time~about 4 months. My advice is to e-mail them at least a couple times a week (generally they are quick with e-mail responses). Explain to them that you have a wedding date set and are desperate for information. Honestly, they can't tell you much until they've processed your paperwork and set an interview date.

Remember, you have a lot of time! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Englishsammy, that's cool we have the same wedding date! I'll keep emailing them regularly.

MrsDarby, thanks so much! Your timeframe was almost exactly 2 months before ours, and you did just fine. :) What a relief!

I am glad that i have put your mind at rest, dont worry i know exactly how you feel! I think it is hard not to make plans to have your wedding until you get the visa and it is very very very rare that people from the UK get refused unless you have been in trouble with the police that is, it is just a formality going for the interview.

Good luck and I hope you settle in well, I just warn you things are different here and it will take a while for you to settle down, it did for me and I still miss things from England.

Crazy Brit

26th Nov 04 I29F sent to TCS

29th Nov 04 confirmation from post office that application recieved at TCS

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

7th Jan 05 Just found out from this site that if your receipt number starts wac that is the California Service Centre

8th Feb 05 APPROVED!!!!!! bloody hell I am in shock

12th Feb NOA2 arrives via snail mail

24th Feb Got NVC number

25th Feb email from NVC case has been forwarded to London

4th March Packet 3 received

OH when oh when will I hear from the Embassy for my date for the interview?!?!?!

4th March Sent packet 3 back recorded delivery

7th March packet received at Embassy via recorded delivery

28th April Medical in Edinburgh

6th May 2005 Interview thank god!!!! A date at last

6th May 2005 had interview Welcome to the United States, I have my VISA approved!!!!!

23rd May flew to Atlanta GA

2nd July Married !!!!!

11th July sent of AOS and EAD

22nd July received NOA's for AOS and EAD

9th September succesfull with a walkin Atlanta for Biometrics

20th Oct had info pass for EAD, EAD issued for one year

4th May AOS interview Atlanta APPROVED!!!!

19th March 2008 Sent application to remove conditions

31st March 2008 received NOA

17th April 2008 Biometrics

I had a similar situation happen to me and my fianceé. The consulate in Naples really scewed things up for us and I had to contact my senator. When I did that, boy did things start happening!!!

If I had only known sooner that my senator could've helped things along sooo much....

Sean

November 2004--I'm on vacation in Italy and met Gabriela at a pizzeria in Venice...it was love at first sight!

2 Weeks Later 2004--changed my intinerary to go back to Venice and see this Romanian girl that I couldn't stop thinking about.

August 30--My sweetie's Birthday! I love you, doll!!!

September 9, 2005--I-129F sent to NSC.

September 15, 2005--NOA1!

October 24, 2005--NOA2!!

November 07, 2005--NVC letter received!!!

Early December 2005--K1 packet gets to the Consulate in Naples but somehow they forgot about notifying us in any way, and apparently replying to emails is just waaaay too strenuous for them...

January 11, 2006--After numerous failed attempts to contact them, Naples Consulate emails packet3.

January 2006--I contact my state senator's office.

March 20, 2006--Gabi has her medical exam in Naples...

March 21, 2006--Gabi has her interview...K1 VISA ISSUED!!!!!

April 18, 2006--I will fly to Europe to get my honey...and never, ever let her go!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.