Nellag

Lagos Consulate Has no Record of Approved Petition

2 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It has been 3 months now and the US embassy in Lagos, Nigeria has no record (physical or electronic) of my approved petition. My fiancee has been there several times to pick up the information packets. Yesterday, she was told that the consulate has no record of either the physical or electronic records of the case. The embassy staff advised that she informs me to contact NVC. I called NVC and was told a written notice, hard copy or email, from the embassy is requried for them to follow up on the case.

On January 30th, NVC told me the case has been forwarded to Lagos and I should allow 10-15 days for the consulate to receive the petition. It is now past 90 days since my petition was approved.

Anyone heard of a similar instance?

May 19, 2006 - Mailed I-129 to NSC (from Nigeria)

June 5, 2006 - NSC received application

June 9, 2006 - Check cleared

June 23, 2006 - USCIS sent RFE

August 4, 2007 - Called USCIS for receipt #

August 14, 2007 - Cousin forwarded RFE

August 21, 2007 - Received RFE from Cousin

August 22, 2007 - Mailed back RFE to CSC - from Nigeria

Received no acknowledgment of receipt of RFE. Mail may have been lost or stolen. Called USCIS twice and they could not confirm receipt.

September 25, 2006 - Case was closed (RFE not received)

November 24, 2006 - Called CSC (Case re-opened, IMBRA RFE to be re-sent)

December 1, 2006 - CSC resends IMBRA RFE to USA address

December 11, 2006 - Had IMBRA RFE couriered from USA

December 28, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE in Africa (severely delayed by holiday season)

January 6, 2007 - Mailed back IMBRA RFE

January 16, 2007 - Touched (CSC acknowledges receipt of RFE)

January 23, 2007 - NOA2 sent

July 17, 2007 - Scheduled Interview date

September 21, 2007 - Submitted I-601 waiver application

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I had a sort of similar case. My case was forwarded to the embassy in Yaounde on January 26. My fiance was actually called and went to pick up his packet. When he got everything together (mid-March, because he had been out of the country), he was given an interview date of April 13. When he got there, he was told there was "no record" of him in the system. To make a long story short, I was told to call the NVC too, but they also told me that they embassy needed to notify them. The official story that I got was that there was a problem with the satellites and transmission of information. Whatever. The real trick is to get in contact with your senator or representative's office. My congressman's office was super helpful, plus I think my fiance then got a note in the file that they were following his case--couldn't have hurt this morning when his visa was approved :) Keep records of EVERYTHING--every phone call, email, anything. And keep on it. Call and email everyday if you have to, because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Just make sure to be gracious; I found that people at the embassy were much more likely to be helpful when I complemented them on how nice they were. I don't think they would have been as apt to help if I had been a raving lunatic. Feel free to send me a message if you any more questions. Good luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.