lynamon

Will Montreal care ..

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My Landlord is selling the house that I'm renting and he's telling people that it will be available at the end of June (I had told him that that was when I intended to leave) ... he requests 60 days notice and I told him that my interview could be for June or July so I told him to accept my 60 days as of May 1st.

I don't want to be obligated to pay for another full month if my interview ends up being in the first part of June ... worst case scenario I guess would be to put my stuff in storage and live with my sister if the interview isn't until July. ... I could kinda handle that ... any further than mid July would make me lose my mind (I love my sister to death but living together with our children should only be a short time arrangement:))

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Filed: Timeline

Maybe you should have only given your 60 days notice once you had your visa approved.... what will you do if you are not approved at interview and have a delay to deal with???

I dont see Montreal taking this into account as they always advise not to make any plans until your visa is approved...

Hope it works out for you...

Kez

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am proof that unanticpated delays can and will happen at moments when least expected. I had a good interview at Montreal and was told I would get the passport and visa in a week. That was on Feb 21 todate No Visa! from what I know I am undergoing administrative processing which is normal for Men some dont have to wait for more then a day some have to wait for weeks possibly months or even more. This could be due to anything however is more prevalent with men who have common last names. Im glad I didnt make any measure to leave my job or give a notice to my landlord just like the letter from the consulate states. You should make arrangements when you have the actual visa in your hand. Better to be safe then sorry. Goodluck I hope you dont have to face any delays and are united with your loved one soon.

FaK

My Landlord is selling the house that I'm renting and he's telling people that it will be available at the end of June (I had told him that that was when I intended to leave) ... he requests 60 days notice and I told him that my interview could be for June or July so I told him to accept my 60 days as of May 1st.

I don't want to be obligated to pay for another full month if my interview ends up being in the first part of June ... worst case scenario I guess would be to put my stuff in storage and live with my sister if the interview isn't until July. ... I could kinda handle that ... any further than mid July would make me lose my mind (I love my sister to death but living together with our children should only be a short time arrangement:))

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hopefully Montreal will have thier butt in gear by then. I sold my house in Feb. I'm presently here in WA. with Lorry.

I came here on Feb 23 and ran my return flight back to Nova Scotia out to May 12 assuming my interview would be before then. It now appears I'll be staying at my Sister's place longer than the couple of weeks I had figured on.

It shouldn't matter to Montreal where one lives in Canada. After all we are planning on leaving whenever they get around to us anyhow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not a big deal, as long as ur sister doesn't mind!! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that I shouldn't make any plans without the final approval :blush: ... I'm just counting on the stars falling into place when they should as this is my head in the clouds optimistic nature (you'ld think that I would know better by now :)) like so many here on VJ have done. If it doesn't work out as planned and there are a few months delay I suppose that I can always rent a place or stay at my sisters and save some $. My employer will keep me as long as it takes and has been more than understanding as I have kept them informed every step of the way which is amazing (I'll be working for them still once I'm in the States in another position) ... the only thing that would be really upsetting is my son not being able to start at the beginning of the new school year in the States which I really want to happen. Its hard enough being the new kid in the school let alone starting into the school year.

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I know that I shouldn't make any plans without the final approval :blush: ... I'm just counting on the stars falling into place when they should as this is my head in the clouds optimistic nature (you'ld think that I would know better by now :) ) like so many here on VJ have done. If it doesn't work out as planned and there are a few months delay I suppose that I can always rent a place or stay at my sisters and save some $. My employer will keep me as long as it takes and has been more than understanding as I have kept them informed every step of the way which is amazing (I'll be working for them still once I'm in the States in another position) ... the only thing that would be really upsetting is my son not being able to start at the beginning of the new school year in the States which I really want to happen. Its hard enough being the new kid in the school let alone starting into the school year.

I sympathize with you......I had originally hoped that we'd be moving before school started in the fall, but it certainly doesn't seem likely :(

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.