Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Amhara said:

What kind of craziness is that?  To the California service center?  Do you live in a state near CA?

I'm Missouri, so it has been with California since Dec 17. As I said, you just have to laugh!

On 6/15/2018 at 9:15 PM, Credo said:

This is what my uodat says “

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EACxxxxxxxxx at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.”. 

Does this means I will not receive a transfer notice. 

Mine literally says the exact same thing (with the same dates and all)! Weird...:wacko:

So does this mean the case is being processed at your local office and no longer USCIS?  We never received any formal mail regarding this...

Edited by CharlieTanger

55 minutes ago, CharlieTanger said:

So does this mean the case is being processed at your local office and no longer USCIS?  We never received any formal mail regarding this...

The running theory is that that message was a three month long glitch and nothing substantial happened to our cases.  It seems that a few VJ’ers were transferred to NSC and TSC, but it’s effectiveness has yet to be seen.

Most people who are approved on the “case transferred” forum were mostly VSC who applied a year ago or CSC who applied 16-18 months ago, so no data there.

I am now interested in seeing what service center ours was “transferred” to.

Signature coming soon...

Yeah I've no clue why I received a transferred letter to "speed up processing" to the slowest service center where it was already at!!!. I'd waste an hour of my life calling but I may as well ask the cat.

On 6/16/2018 at 1:47 PM, torres10 said:

I got the transfer to another  office , I called them to make sure which office was transferred to....it was patomac in Virginia.

The Potomic Service Center?  That's interesting.  I think they are one of the newest ones, so hopefully that will speed up your case!

I guess our case transfer was complete.  Just received the updated notification.  The USPS mail image email didn't come today, so now we are waiting to see what comes in the mail.  We are expecting an updated NOA for the 18 months of extension and a case transfer letter.  This is more action than I was expecting originally!  I wonder if interviews are possible?

Signature coming soon...

35 minutes ago, Amhara said:

The Potomic Service Center?  That's interesting.  I think they are one of the newest ones, so hopefully that will speed up your case!

I guess our case transfer was complete.  Just received the updated notification.  The USPS mail image email didn't come today, so now we are waiting to see what comes in the mail.  We are expecting an updated NOA for the 18 months of extension and a case transfer letter.  This is more action than I was expecting originally!  I wonder if interviews are possible?

I would hope so ...I cannot even find processing time for I-751 in Potomic Service center .

Possible interviews or maybe Biometrics ?  I have not had mine since I filled.

20 minutes ago, torres10 said:

I would hope so ...I cannot even find processing time for I-751 in Potomic Service center .

Possible interviews or maybe Biometrics ?  I have not had mine since I filled.

I just checked my case online as we speak, and it changed to this now "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction"....I don't know what to expect now

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
2 hours ago, torres10 said:

I just checked my case online as we speak, and it changed to this now "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction"....I don't know what to expect now

Mine says “Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction" too. 

(F) K-1 / California Service Center (F)

(L) July 22nd, 2014: Filed I-129F

(L)July 28th, 2014: NOA1(E-mail / Acceptance Confirmation/No mail)

(L) July 29th, 2014: Alien registration number was changed

(L) October 20th, 2014: NOA2 (Mail)

(L) November 4th, 2014: NVC received

(L) November 13th, 2014 : Consulate received( Seoul, South KOREA)

(L) January 16th,2015:Interview and approved

(L) January 23rd,2015: Visa and passport in hand!

(F) AOS (F)

(L) Mar 12,2015 : Sent AOS package(USPS Priority mail 2-day)

(L) Mar 16,2015 : Package delivered

(L) Mar 20,2015 : Noa1 Email & Text (I-485,I-131,I-765)

(L) Mar 26,2015 : Noa1 in mail (I-485,I-131,I-765)

(L) Mar 28,2015 : Biometrics notice in mail

(L)Apr 10,2015 : Biometrics done

(L)Jun 11,2015 : EAD approved

17 hours ago, Amhara said:

So the 18 month extension AND case transfer should come in the same letter?

Also, hopefully Potomac will speed things up a bit! Wishful thinking... :whistle:

I only received the case transferred letter. Its clearer now if cases are being transferred to Potomic then they might be trying to speed up California. The letter I received was stupid but that might explain it.

31 minutes ago, CharlieTanger said:

So the 18 month extension AND case transfer should come in the same letter?

No, no; we are just expecting two letters.  I need to paruse some other month’s filing threads to see if anyone has gotten approved earlier than the typical timeframes.

Signature coming soon...

The VJ "Processing Times" at the top of the website is all screwed up and inaccurate now.  I wonder if we have a data-savvy December filer who can draft up something for us?  I remember when we were going through the dreadful K-1 process someone started up a program called "Immi-Fairy."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.