7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline

Morning,

So I am an August 2016 filer with zero progress, but have used all the tools we are given to try to get my case moved along.  But my question today is, does the biometrics expire?  I have tried to figure it out on USCIS website, and one can read both into their "explaination" that it is "good for the duration of the application" but also that it will expire in 15 months.

Second question I have today is, how many of you are out there, like me, still waiting after 15 months with no development in sight?

Thanks,

Emil

15 minutes ago, Emil J said:

Morning,

So I am an August 2016 filer with zero progress, but have used all the tools we are given to try to get my case moved along.  But my question today is, does the biometrics expire?  I have tried to figure it out on USCIS website, and one can read both into their "explaination" that it is "good for the duration of the application" but also that it will expire in 15 months.

Second question I have today is, how many of you are out there, like me, still waiting after 15 months with no development in sight?

Thanks,

Emil

what do you mean by biometrics expires? have you done the fingerprint or not ? 

to your 2nd question, its not easy to predict how soon your case is complished,as case varies in  different people. Some can be as fast as 3-4 months, while others might be year long. Just do what you can do over your side to push your case officer. Contact lawyer or senator might be helpful, but they can not be much useful as long as FBI hasn't cleared your back ground check before your file is sitting on the desk of local field officer. 

please name all the tools you have used as said, so we can figure out any other possibilities. 

H1b ---> EB-1A (I-140) ---> I-485 AOS(Green Card) ---> 5 years --->  US Citizenship N400 application

• Day 011/16/2017, e-filing N400
  • Day 3069/18/2018,  interview day--passed and in line for oath.
  • Day 332: 10/15/2018, Oath Day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline
1 hour ago, GoBig said:

what do you mean by biometrics expires? have you done the fingerprint or not ? 

to your 2nd question, its not easy to predict how soon your case is complished,as case varies in  different people. Some can be as fast as 3-4 months, while others might be year long. Just do what you can do over your side to push your case officer. Contact lawyer or senator might be helpful, but they can not be much useful as long as FBI hasn't cleared your back ground check before your file is sitting on the desk of local field officer. 

please name all the tools you have used as said, so we can figure out any other possibilities. 

Yes, my biometrics were recorded in Sep 2016.  Yes, I am working with my senator's office, which now is my only hope to get something done.  Tried all the on-line, call-in, and infopass stuff, which has proven utterly useless.  And I am getting contradicting information if my background check is indeed completed or not.  Last message the congressman's office got was that it is complete and the file in at the FO, which is odd because NBC doesn't send the files out until AFTER they schedule the interview, which is done by NBC.  So who knows what the real story is.

8 minutes ago, Emil J said:

Yes, my biometrics were recorded in Sep 2016.  Yes, I am working with my senator's office, which now is my only hope to get something done.  Tried all the on-line, call-in, and infopass stuff, which has proven utterly useless.  And I am getting contradicting information if my background check is indeed completed or not.  Last message the congressman's office got was that it is complete and the file in at the FO, which is odd because NBC doesn't send the files out until AFTER they schedule the interview, which is done by NBC.  So who knows what the real story is.

apparently you know more than i do.   15 months is definitely dead in a corner. 

What do you think causing this delayed in the FBI site?  do you have any sensitive background, like prior job history, marriage, weird name, criminal record, illegal things, etc ?

H1b ---> EB-1A (I-140) ---> I-485 AOS(Green Card) ---> 5 years --->  US Citizenship N400 application

also, dont stop bothering the senator office constantly if they are nice. However,  consult with your local immigrant lawyer for a few words about your case analysis and if choose to sue the USCIS or FBI. 

On 11/18/2017 at 12:27 PM, Emil J said:

I don't know if you're aware of the USCIS rulings online, but you can try filing an online (for free) complaint through USCIS Ombudsman in USCIS website if your case is at least 60 days delayed from your local office posted processing times..

On 11/18/2017 at 10:22 AM, Emil J said:

But my question today is, does the biometrics expire? 

I've read in other site from other applicants that the new USCIS system, the bio has no expiration per current rulings they have established..Otherwise, you would receive another bio appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.