Fandango

What not to wear

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Anyone see this?? Tivo taped it as a suggestion so I watched it. I've never really watched a full episode cept the one with Jo Brand, which was hilarious. Turns out the replacement Trin & Suze reckoned they could solve two women's very complex emotional issues with a brand new outfit. Seriously, one woman had SUCH low self esteem that she couldn't even look at her own face in the mirror no matter how hard they tried. Complex issues like abandonment from the father, not feeling worthy as a person, etc...you could look at this woman's face and your heart went out to her.

But they bought her a new dress and VOILA!!! No more issues Happy as Larry. :blink:

Is this how this show is? Get a new outfit & you're good to go?

Edited by LisaD

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know - I much prefer the US version which is less "rah rah, all that emotional baggage is gone now, eh?" Barf. Whatever. In the US version, people with no style get some style. There's less pretense of fundamental healing.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Love the show...the American version with Clinton and Stacey...watch whenever I have time! :)M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

I love it when they bring out a flower or a pic and say this is you now! and this is what we want you to be *ta daaaaaaa* load of ####### lol

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Trinny and Susannah are the DEVIL INCARNATE.

But this wasn't T & S...it was the new girls.

I'll fix your psychosis with a great new blouse! lol

I haven't seen them. T&S put me off so much that I haven't watched the show since that first traumatic time.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I love it when they get someone who is clearly NOT COMFORTABLE in the world of frilly feminine clothes and they bully them into wearing something that practically has them bursting into tears

I gotta say, I was shocked at how bad the show was. They chopped off all of one of the woman's hair and put her in clothes that aged her 15 years.

A suit with PUFFY shoulders too! :blink:

Anyways, Robin, how's your trip?

I love it when they get someone who is clearly NOT COMFORTABLE in the world of frilly feminine clothes and they bully them into wearing something that practically has them bursting into tears

But that's awful. They're like the girls in elementary school who offer to give you a makeover and they make you look ridiculous but keep assuring you you look great, then they take you to the mall and everyone points and laughs at you and you don't wear makeup again until your wedding. Nah, never happened to me. :whistle:

I suppose it's why I hate those dirty cows.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There is another show in the UK, "Ten Years Younger" which is even worse. They take a poor, haggard woman who tends to look ten years older than her age, take her out onto the street, stand her there, ask passers by for their honest opinions (in which they all say they think she is 20 years older than she is), take her to various plastic surgeons who prod her and poke her and tell her just why she looks so terrible and then they normally give her radical plastic surgery, buy her new clothes and ta da! She looks ten years younger.

I think they thing that gets me is that these poor women have to endure being bullied about how awful they look, of course they have no self esteem. Most of them are in tears. It's awful, just awful.

Edited by mags

There is another show in the UK, "Ten Years Younger" which is even worse. They take a poor, haggard woman who tends to look ten years older than her age, take her out onto the street, stand her there, ask passers by for their honest opinions (in which they all say they think she is 20 years older than she is), take her to various plastic surgeons who prod her and poke her and tell her just why she looks so terrible and then they normally give her radical plastic surgery, buy her new clothes and ta da! She looks ten years younger.

I think they thing that gets me is that these poor women have to endure being bullied about how awful they look, of course they have no self esteem. Most of them are in tears. It's awful, just awful.

Is it just me...or does British reality TV have a cruel streak in it that American reality TV seems to lack? Or has it just been too long since I've seen a US reality TV show?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is it just me...or does British reality TV have a cruel streak in it that American reality TV seems to lack? Or has it just been too long since I've seen a US reality TV show?

I dunno, there are some pretty nasty shows over here too. I do think that "Ten Years Younger" wins the prize as nastiest overall though.

Mags, I think I caught that show once.

HA, have you seen 'The Swan'? I think there's a cruel streak here too.

Nothing along the lines of 'There's Something About Miriam' mind you, lol <----that was unreal!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.