Broken414

What exactly do i send with my I-130 form

8 posts in this topic

Hi
I'm a US Citizen and i want to apply immigration for my parents through Form I-130
I have read the procedures but i still want to make sure what im doing exactly.
I have consulted a lawyer who is charging me alot of money for this process but i heard that i can apply myself.
Now the problems i have is what exactly do i send with my Form?
I know i need to send a proof of citizenship like a passport or a birth certificate. 
My question is do i send the original passport or birth certificate or just a photocopy?
The guide said at the time of filing. What exactly is the time of filing? Is it when i send the form through mail or is it when after i send it and it gets approved then they contact me for proof of citizenship?

I have no idea about this process and would like some help from anyone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Broken414 said:

Hi
I'm a US Citizen and i want to apply immigration for my parents through Form I-130
I have read the procedures but i still want to make sure what im doing exactly.
I have consulted a lawyer who is charging me alot of money for this process but i heard that i can apply myself.
Now the problems i have is what exactly do i send with my Form?
I know i need to send a proof of citizenship like a passport or a birth certificate. 
My question is do i send the original passport or birth certificate or just a photocopy?
The guide said at the time of filing. What exactly is the time of filing? Is it when i send the form through mail or is it when after i send it and it gets approved then they contact me for proof of citizenship?

I have no idea about this process and would like some help from anyone.

Photocopies.  Time of filing = at the present time you are filling out this form. 

Hi Mr Ahmed or Mrs Freda (Whoever is typing)
Thank you so much for replying to my post. I have some problems right now which is. Due to a theft of my backpack i have lost my original Birth Certificate and Passport and my laptop.... 

BUT i still have photocopies of my BC and Passport. Now the thing is do i need both Passport and BC or just 1? 
Right now i will be applying for a new passport and a certified copy of my BC but that process usually takes around a month. 

Now the thing with passports are when i report a stolen passport my passport gets disabled but im not sure about birth certificates. 

Can i send the photocopy of my birth certificate only?

Timeline
On 11/7/2017 at 2:23 PM, Broken414 said:

Hi Mr Ahmed or Mrs Freda (Whoever is typing)
Thank you so much for replying to my post. I have some problems right now which is. Due to a theft of my backpack i have lost my original Birth Certificate and Passport and my laptop.... 

BUT i still have photocopies of my BC and Passport. Now the thing is do i need both Passport and BC or just 1? 
Right now i will be applying for a new passport and a certified copy of my BC but that process usually takes around a month. 

Now the thing with passports are when i report a stolen passport my passport gets disabled but im not sure about birth certificates. 

Can i send the photocopy of my birth certificate only?

I sent both with mine.  It doesn't matter that it will be disabled at this point its for identity so the old one is fine.  

On 11/7/2017 at 2:25 PM, Broken414 said:

Also for both parents do i need to send two different mails?
Will i be including their marriage certificate with the form too?

I don't really know the answer on the first question as I only petitioned for one person.  I know it has to be a separate i130 for each but I don't really know if it matters if it is mailed together or separately.   Someone else should answer.

I would include their marriage certificate with both forms..yes.

Timeline

I just briefly read over other thread with the same topic.  Most say mail both petitions together just make sure to clip each i130 separately in the package so it doesn't cause confusion.   

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.