hsa12390

Boston Office Interview Experiences?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hi VJers,

My husband has his interview for N400 in Boston on November 27th. He has not yet started studying the booklet that was given to him during his biometrics appointment but he is planning on starting soon (he already knows a lot of it being a history buff). I'm curious for those of you who have had interviews in Boston, what kinds of questions do they ask? Are they difficult? Are there a lot of them or do they just ask 1 or 2? Also, were the officers cordial in general?

In terms of documents to bring, once again USCIS asks to bring documents that establish we have been married for real for the last 3 years. I was planning on bringing all the evidence I sent with the I-751 (updated of course since all of that is about a year old), but that is a lot of documents and evidence. In your experience, what did they ask for in terms of evidence? 

Thanks and appreciate your help!

Filed: Timeline

i had my n400 interview at boston. nothing outside the 100 questions is asked. the english sentences read and written are very basic.

just do the 100 questions in a couple of days before the interview. use flash cards except for maybe the governor and house of representatives questions.

regarding marriage evidence i wasn;t really asked that much because my file was nice and well endowed. carrying the same as i-751 + an extra years worth of similar documentation is good enough.

Edited by aayitrun

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I don't think there is any difference with Boston FO vs others. The only document officer checked related to my marriage was the tax return for the previous year. I brought copies of what I sent with the application, few more different things like recent utility bills, healthcare proxy we signed during my wife's delivery, etc that were not included in the N400 package, and two passport photos just in case. i wrote everything else in detail here.

Only tip I can give is travel time, coming from north I got stuck on I-93. With no other altearnative, I had to park the car at assembly row, take orange line to Haymarket, and barely walked in the JFK building on time. I recommend doing that if you're also coming from north, parking is cheap at assembly. Give yourself enough time to get there. Good luck with your interview.

Filed: Country: France
Timeline
21 minutes ago, charmander said:

I don't think there is any difference with Boston FO vs others. The only document officer checked related to my marriage was the tax return for the previous year. I brought copies of what I sent with the application, few more different things like recent utility bills, healthcare proxy we signed during my wife's delivery, etc that were not included in the N400 package, and two passport photos just in case. i wrote everything else in detail here.

Only tip I can give is travel time, coming from north I got stuck on I-93. With no other altearnative, I had to park the car at assembly row, take orange line to Haymarket, and barely walked in the JFK building on time. I recommend doing that if you're also coming from north, parking is cheap at assembly. Give yourself enough time to get there. Good luck with your interview.

Thanks for this info! Luckily we live only 45 hour via train from government center, unfortunately the appointment is at 7AM :o

I guess it's always better to be over prepared than underprepared, so I guess he'll just bring all and any evidence. Thanks and will let you all know how it goes!

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, charmander said:

+1

if you must drive, the government center garage is a good place to park, but also quite expensive. i think like $40.

https://goo.gl/maps/bJBWxwX1H7T2

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.