Jump to content

Supporting Documentations for B-2 (Mother in law)


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hello all my dear VJ friends!

I have few questions and I need your help!

I'm U.S citizen. My wife was K-1 classified and she already had her green card. Now she wants her mother come to U.S for visiting (B-2). My wife and I are working as self-employed and got paid by Cash.

Question 1:

for supporting documents prove that we have sufficient funds to cover the travel and other expenses for her mother. Is it OK or ENOUGH if my wife prove ONLY her bank statement (about 100K in her account), and NO income tax returns?

Question 2:

for visiting B-2 visa, how long (how many months) her mother can stay in U.S?

Quetion 3:

is it me or my wife will do financial supporting documents for her mother?

your help is greatly appriciated!

love you all!


11/01/2009: Sent I-130 to CHICAGO lockbox for mother

11/10/2009: NOA1 received

07/13/2010: passed interview

09/22/2010: Mother arrived U.S.A

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales

1. Your method of payment has no impact on your need to file tax returns.

2. 6 months

3. Neither, some Consulates like to see an I-134 but it is not legally binding. Better that she can substantiate that she has the funds to pay her own trip.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...