Arnold_and_Joan

Questions re: Manila CFO Guidance Counseling

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just one last hurdle before we leave - the Seminar Joan has to attend at St. Mary's Euphrasia Foundation Center and I have some questions:

- She's 23 y.o. does she need a notarized approval letter from her mom? If so just notarized is fine? I read somewhere here about some special lawyer can only do this etc.

- Her biological father is not part of her life now. Do they need to explain that in case they want a letter from her dad's approval too? Would letters from her grandmother help? or her other guardians?

- What is this Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary that's part of the requirement? Where do I get that?

- I can't find the application form on the web site so I can download and she can fill it out before going to St Mary's - does anyone have a link?

- What can she bring? I read bringing the CENOMAR, NBI Clearance, and pictures of us together as part of the "Other Documents as may be Required by Counselors" - anything else?

- How hard of a time to they give applicants here? Is it really that bad? Any big difference between St. Mary's and PRISM? One any better than the other or less hassle?

Again, this site and people here have been a big help. Thanks in advance for any advice and help

Arnold & Joan

Edited by Arnold_and_Joan

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

Timeline

I cannot offer help, but would like to thank you for posting this question .. I have added it to my watched posts list with daily emails as I will have to cross this hurdle myself ..

:thumbs: Good Luck :thumbs:

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Hi everyone,

Just one last hurdle before we leave - the Seminar Joan has to attend at St. Mary's Euphrasia Foundation Center and I have some questions:

- She's 23 y.o. does she need a notarized approval letter from her mom? If so just notarized is fine? I read somewhere here about some special lawyer can only do this etc.

- Her biological father is not part of her life now. Do they need to explain that in case they want a letter from her dad's approval too? Would letters from her grandmother help? or her other guardians?

- What is this Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary that's part of the requirement? Where do I get that?

- I can't find the application form on the web site so I can download and she can fill it out before going to St Mary's - does anyone have a link?

- What can she bring? I read bringing the CENOMAR, NBI Clearance, and pictures of us together as part of the "Other Documents as may be Required by Counselors" - anything else?

- How hard of a time to they give applicants here? Is it really that bad? Any big difference between St. Mary's and PRISM? One any better than the other or less hassle?

Again, this site and people here have been a big help. Thanks in advance for any advice and help

Arnold & Joan

hi ! i took my seminar at st. mary's QC..when i got there they gave me a form to fill-up & attended an hour seminar..after that they separated us through which country we're going..followed by an interview of a psychologist..i would say i was stocked at the interview.."coz its not what i expected..she was so rude & sarcastic..she ask me for a parent's permit that allowing me to marry my fiancee notarized by a lawyer..i was so nervous coz my mom is in jordan & takes forever to send & received letter from her..so i ask her if i can just ask my aunt to sign the permit for me since i was living with her & she was my guardian..& my grandparents were back in the province..BTW i am 20 but i don't know up to how old they require that permit..i took everything with me just in case they will ask for it..they just ask for my fiance's divorse papers..after all of that they gave me a certificate for the seminar & the sticker which ur fiancee will need to get out of PI..

immigrant data summary, i don't know about that..just the copy of the visa on the passport..i hope i help you...

Timeline

Hi Arnold and Joan! My fiancee went there on the 18th and all went pretty smooth. She was only ask for her BIRTH CERTIFICATE, NBI CLEARANCE, COPY OF HER PASSPORT (Since her passport is with St. Luke's enroute to USE for her interview next week), VALID FORMS OF ID AND PAYMENT FOR THE SEMINAR. The forms need to be filled out there when the applicant arrives. She was never ask for PARENT'S CONSENT FORM TO MARRY. I think she is old enough (23 years old) to decide for marriage. The only thing also you need to bring if available and if applicable to your case if one of you was married before...bring the divorce decree or annullment of marriage document. Hope this helps.

Coco Puff

Our LOVE Time Line

07-01-2003 - Introduced by relative & started communicating

11-16-2003 - Met for the first time in Bacolod City, Philippines

10-22-2004 - Together for the second time in Bacolod City, Philippines

11-03-2004 - Travelled to Cebu City, Philippines

11-05-2004 - Proposed marriage at 30,000 feet aboard Air Philippines flight to Bacolod

10-01-2006 - Sent I-129F Petition for Fiancee

10-03-2006 - USCIS received Petition I-129F

10-05-2006 - Notice of Action 1

11-05-2006 - Waiting, waiting, waiting...

12-29-2006 - Notice of Action 2

12-31-2006 - Received E-mail of Approval Notice - A Very Good New Year News for Us!!!

01-12-2007 - National Visa Center forwarded petition to U.S. Embassy Manila

01-16-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila received petition from National Visa Center via DHL

01-22-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila sent information packet to my fiancee

01-30-2007 - Received information packet via PhilPost

03-03-2007 - Packet 4 received via DHL

04-10-2007 - Day 1 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-11-2007 - Day 2 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-18-2007 - CFO Seminar at SMEF-COW Manila

04-18-2007 - St. Lukes Medical Appointment --- scheduled --- done 04/10-04/11

04-25-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila Interview --- scheduled --- APPROVED!!!

05-04-2007 - Visa delivered by Delbros

Timeline
Hi Arnold and Joan! My fiancee went there on the 18th and all went pretty smooth. She was only ask for her BIRTH CERTIFICATE, NBI CLEARANCE, COPY OF HER PASSPORT (Since her passport is with St. Luke's enroute to USE for her interview next week), VALID FORMS OF ID AND PAYMENT FOR THE SEMINAR. The forms need to be filled out there when the applicant arrives. She was never ask for PARENT'S CONSENT FORM TO MARRY. I think she is old enough (23 years old) to decide for marriage. The only thing also you need to bring if available and if applicable to your case if one of you was married before...bring the divorce decree or annullment of marriage document. Hope this helps.

Coco Puff

Forgot something :) My fianceee was advise what to bring the next time she comes back for the sticker/stamp at St. Mary's...(don't get confuse...we had the seminar prior to visa issuance that is why she needs to come back for the sticker/stamp prior to departure to US)...

That "visa summary" they are talking about is probably the form outside the sealed envelope...just make copy of that. I don't know how it looks like but I was told by my fiancee that some of her aquaintances during the seminar with the visa on-hand already bring those. And of course bring the passport with the visa on it since they affix the sticker/stamp on the passport.

Good Luck!

Coco Puff

Our LOVE Time Line

11-05-2004 - Proposed marriage at 30,000 feet aboard Air Philippines flight to Bacolod

12-31-2006 - Received E-mail of Approval Notice - A Very Good New Year News for Us!!!

01-16-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila received petition from National Visa Center via DHL

Timeline
That "visa summary" they are talking about is probably the form outside the sealed envelope...just make copy of that. I don't know how it looks like but I was told by my fiancee that some of her aquaintances during the seminar with the visa on-hand already bring those. And of course bring the passport with the visa on it since they affix the sticker/stamp on the passport.

Good Luck!

Coco Puff

Hi everyone, thanks for the advise. Coco Puff - I'm looking at the package of her visa that came through the Delbros delivery. All that's in the package was her Passport, the Brown Envelope that's NOT TO BE OPENED, a receipt from Delbros for the delivery, the Appointment Letter from the Embassy originally sent to her with her interview date, the pre-departure yellow paper giving instructions on the seminars to take, and the big WARNING DO NOT OPEN piece of paper. I don't really see anything that would pass as a "Visa Summary". Anyone else know what this is?

I don't really want to bring the entire package specially the Brown Envelope for fear of breaking that seal. Thanks again everyone.

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

Timeline

Good Luck!

Coco Puff

Hi everyone, thanks for the advise. Coco Puff - I'm looking at the package of her visa that came through the Delbros delivery. All that's in the package was her Passport, the Brown Envelope that's NOT TO BE OPENED, a receipt from Delbros for the delivery, the Appointment Letter from the Embassy originally sent to her with her interview date, the pre-departure yellow paper giving instructions on the seminars to take, and the big WARNING DO NOT OPEN piece of paper. I don't really see anything that would pass as a "Visa Summary". Anyone else know what this is?

I don't really want to bring the entire package specially the Brown Envelope for fear of breaking that seal. Thanks again everyone.

Well I guess it is just the passport that you need to bring. That is considered to me as a Visa Summary if nothing else is inside the package except for the confidential brown envelope and miscellaneous papers. No name nor the case number in the envelope? You can just copy the exterior of the envelope if there is any information printed in there.

Tell you more when we get ours next week :thumbs: ...Wish us Good Luck! But for now that is all I can share with you :yes:

Coco Puff

Our LOVE Time Line

Good Luck!

Coco Puff

Well I guess it is just the passport that you need to bring. That is considered to me as a Visa Summary if nothing else is inside the package except for the confidential brown envelope and miscellaneous papers. No name nor the case number in the envelope? You can just copy the exterior of the envelope if there is any information printed in there.

Tell you more when we get ours next week :thumbs: ...Wish us Good Luck! But for now that is all I can share with you :yes:

Coco Puff

Aloha,

Perhaps slightly off topic but hopefully a good place to ask. What is the difference between the CFO seminar and PRISM??

Mahalo,

Bill and Joan

AOS Journey

01/18/08 - Mailed AOS packet to Chi-town

02/05/08 - Received Notice for Biometrics

02/23/08 - Received Notice for Interview (AOS)

02/26/08 - Scheduled Biometrics Done!

03/11/08 - Received Notice of Approval (AP)

03/13/08 - Card production ordered (EAD) Gee! Thanks a lot!!

03/21/08 - Approval Notice sent (EAD) Yahoo!!

03/24/08 - Touched & received EAD card today!! Yipee!!

03/25/08 - Scheduled Interview (AOS) Approved! Thankful!!

03/26/08 - Notice mailed welcoming as new permanent resident

03/28/08 - Card production ordered!! Wow!!!

03/31/08 - Received welcome letter.. Nice!

04/04/08 - Received green card through mail! Truly great! Mahalo nui loa!!

4589670_bodyshot_175x233_1205147893574.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Aloha,

Perhaps slightly off topic but hopefully a good place to ask. What is the difference between the CFO seminar and PRISM??

Mahalo,

Bill and Joan

PRISM is just a different location. Click here for the step by step CFO process: http://www.pinoyinfo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3 (from PinoyInfo forum)

CFO requires a Letter for Permission to Marry between the ages of 18-21 and a Letter of Advisement for 22-25. My now wife was asked for the letter of advisement at the CFO as well as a copy of my divorce decree. The letter does not need to be notarized, just signed by one of the parents listed on her BC and you will require a photo copy of the person's ID that signed the doccument

They did not ask about her father when she went?

The other things have already been answered, good luck. Ken & Maria

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Timeline

hi Everyone,

Thanks again for all the input. I found out what this IMMIGRANT DATA SUMMARY is. It's not needed for K-1 Visas. They're for other visa holders, Immigrants I believe. So that takes care of that. I'm having Joan's mom and grandmother write a consent and marriage advice document, just to be doulby sure we weon't run into problems. We'll be going next Wed - since Monday I think is a holiday - and I'll let you guys know how it went and what she went through. Good Luck and thanks again everyone.

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

hi Everyone,

Thanks again for all the input. I found out what this IMMIGRANT DATA SUMMARY is. It's not needed for K-1 Visas. They're for other visa holders, Immigrants I believe. So that takes care of that. I'm having Joan's mom and grandmother write a consent and marriage advice document, just to be doulby sure we weon't run into problems. We'll be going next Wed - since Monday I think is a holiday - and I'll let you guys know how it went and what she went through. Good Luck and thanks again everyone.

I took my CFO Seminar at PRISM infront of DeLa Salle Univ. I submitted a photocopy of my Passport and NBI Clearance. Those who have their ViSA brought the Brown envelope with DATA SUmmary pasted on it.

During the registration, you will have a picture taking then watch the video. There will be a group counseling and individual counseling. Mostly, they will ask for fiance's maiden name. For those divorce they ask for a divorce papers. The interviewer asked for photos together with my fiance, she look at them and return to me.

After receiving the yellow certificate, I went to CFO head office to get a pay 400 PHP for a green certificate. If you already have a VISA they will also stamp your passport.

For Cubao branch I have no idea how they conduct the seminar.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.