mjalvarenga

Lost green card - Aplying for Removal of Conditions (Abusive relationship)

18 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Lemon23 said:

When you get the chance to have internet access, download that information and have it printed and show to them, make another infopass and try different location. Some other location are well trained and helpful.

Do you know what would be the date I became a permanent resident? I decided to file an I90 and they're asking me that. Would it be the notice date that came in my NOA or the date printed on the paper when I got my green card?

Thank you so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I went to the USCIS site to see if it told me there when my husband became a resident.  There is a place where it says "We ordered your new card." in Case History.  The date is my husband's permanent resident date.  I would say if you have an account and log into the USCIS site, you will find your permanent resident date.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear what you have gone through.

Although people ovcasionally say "you cannot apply for removal of condition without spouse" etc, that's not true. I have just gotten new 10 years GC a week ago, although I couldn't maintain my marriage until my ROC application.

To make it worse, lawyers say completely different things, so I am sure you get confused.

I have no idea about what you can do with the lost GC situation, I have some ideas about the ROC application without sponsorship.

The time you can use the " waiver sponsorship" is from 90 days before the GC gets expired.Not before. It should be before the GC expiration.(If you have a good reason, USCIS accepts the delay).

Immigration lawyers say that you have to finalize divorce before the ROC application.But that's not true.

They usually give you "grace period", divorce should be finalized by at latest 2-3 months (I don't remember the exact months) after ROC application.

First application is same as usual ROC.Same document.But make sure you check the box "Self sponsor" or " no sponsor" ,because your ex is not going to sponsor you.

And then about a year later, USCIS will send you the letter to ask you to send additional documentation to prove your bona fide marriage and how your marriage ended up,etc.

As long as you can provide enough documentation about your marriage and divorce, they will approve your application.

Otherwise, USCIS will send you interview notification and you have to go through the interview.

I understand you are so stressed about this situation, but don't lose your hope.

Good luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.