14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Hey ya'll,

I don't know if anybody here know or heard of this, but I'd love some advice from whoever had the experience of using medical insurance to cover SO's vaccination cost here in the states, we did k1 . We're now married and her name is on the insurance too.

Thanks!

Hey ya'll,

I don't know if anybody here know or heard of this, but I'd love some advice from whoever had the experience of using medical insurance to cover SO's vaccination cost here in the states, we did k1 . We're now married and her name is on the insurance too.

Thanks!

I am studying here in a university so I have my student insurance. I went there and I asked them about the two shots that are compulsory MMR and Tetanus. I took the tetanus shot and it was 16$ (with the insurace, without around 50$). And they did some blood test to see if I had the MMR shot when I was little. I found out that I had it so I didn't have to take it. Anyway, my advice is ask your insurance, they usually cover the basic shots, so it won't be really expensive. If you are sure that you took the MMR, you don't have proof of it and you don't want to take the vaccination again, do a blood test, and that would be enough!

Edited by burke

Green Card

04/07/2007 Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

07/10/2007 Green Card Interview!!!APPROVED!!!!!!!!DAY 93

Removal of Condition

06/08/2009 Sent I-751

06/09/09 Package Arrived

07/21/09 Biometrics

8/13/09 Card Production Ordered!!!

What happened to me was, I did the medical all over again for AOS/EAD just to make sure. I called my insurance and they said it was covered but the surgeon wont accept insurance just cash. So i just did the claim afterwards. Just make sure your surgeon will accept the insurance. Goodluck.

AOS JOURNEY

Feb. 6, 2007 Mailed AOS & EAD application

Feb. 8, 2007 Application received by Chicago lock box

Feb. 13, 2007 Check encashed by DHS and a touch for AOS & EAD

Feb. 15, 2007 Received NOA1 for AOS & EAD and a touch for both

Feb. 20, 2007 Received biometrics appointment for Mar 1

Feb. 22, 2007 EAD touched

Mar. 1, 2007 Biometrics appointment at St. Louis, Mo.

Mar. 2, 2007 AOS & EAD touched

Mar. 10, 2007 Received notice of transfer to CSC re: AOS

Mar. 11, 2007 AOS touched and received 3 emails re: transfer

Mar. 15, 2007 AOS touched, received 3 emails re: case is now pending in CSC

Mar. 16, 2007 AOS touched

Apr. 19, 2007 EAD touched

April 2000 Met online

July 21, 2004 Official GF/BF

Dec. 3, 2004 USC filed I-129F

April 24, 2005 Met in person for the 1st time in Manila, Phils.

April 25, 2005 Bought the engagement ring and proposed marriage (officially and personally)

May 8, 2005 USC left Philippines

May 20, 2005 I-129F disapproved, condition of prior meeting not met before petition was filed

June 1, 2005 USC appealed disapproved I-129F

Feb. 6, 2006 USC filed 2nd I-129F with lawyer's help

Mar. 6, 2006 USC came back to Manila, Philippines - 2nd time

Mar. 13, 2006 USC's departure from Manila :-(

May 30, 2006 2nd I-129F got approved

THE REST IN OUR TIMELIME

Our insurance from my job covered my wife's TD shot. Then we went to the civil surgeon in order to transferred the DS-3025, including the note from the doctor verifying the TD shot was administered, to the I-693A. All went well and the civil surgeon charged us $13 for this service, which included a sealed copy for USCIS and a personal copy for our records.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

Yea, I called my insurance company, they seemed refuse to take the pay for the vaccination. And by far, all the civil surgoen i called don't take insurance either. I live in san jose, california, if anybody ever had a doctor around here who would take insurance, please let me know. Many thanks.

Timeline

by the way, for AOS, only 3 shot are required, right? Cause earlier, a doctor was trying to charge me 20 bucks for each shot of the 3 required vaccination and another 60 bucks for one more shot, which I don't know what the hell is it.

Edited by Aeris

by the way, for AOS, only 3 shot are required, right? Cause earlier, a doctor was trying to charge me 20 bucks for each shot of the 3 required vaccination and another 60 bucks for one more shot, which I don't know what the hell is it.
Edited by burke

Green Card

Removal of Condition

06/08/2009 Sent I-751

06/09/09 Package Arrived

07/21/09 Biometrics

Timeline

Would it be possible that we find a family doctor to give us the shots ( for non-immigration purpose), so the insurance company would take the pay?? And then we will have a civil surgoen to just sign the worksheet for the shots and transfer it into i-693? cause it seems that insurance company is not willing to take the pay only because it's for immigration purpose. any advise? thanks!

Would it be possible that we find a family doctor to give us the shots ( for non-immigration purpose), so the insurance company would take the pay?? And then we will have a civil surgoen to just sign the worksheet for the shots and transfer it into i-693? cause it seems that insurance company is not willing to take the pay only because it's for immigration purpose. any advise? thanks!

That's what I did. I took my tetanus shot in my student health center, and I gave the proof of the shot to my civil surgeon.

Green Card

Removal of Condition

06/08/2009 Sent I-751

06/09/09 Package Arrived

07/21/09 Biometrics

Timeline

That's what I did. I took my tetanus shot in my student health center, and I gave the proof of the shot to my civil surgeon.

yea, maybe for student it's fine, I really don't know if it works the same for me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You can have the shots at any doctor, but only the USCIS civil surgeons can transcribe your proof of vaccinations (provided by the doctor who gave your shots) onto the I693A.

As with most of this process, shop around your area and see which doctors will accept insurance or try at the free clinics for your shots.

For most people, aged 18 - 64 only MMR (measles mumps rubella) TD (tetanus diptheria) and Varicella (chicken pox - unless already had as a child) are needed. The rest are age specific. Some countries do not give the TD shot so vaccinations are needed to AOS.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Timeline

yea, I knew only the civil surgoen has the right to transfer it into what we need for AOS. What I'm trying to do now is to either find a surgoen who would accept insurance pay ( which is very tough to find, all the surgoens I called do not take that. ), or I'm finding some free shots at family doctor, who will take the pay from insurance company, and then I will take the vaccination result to a civil surgoen just to have him sign it and transfer it into I-693 for AOS, therefore they will not be able to charge me for the shots but only for the signing for a i-639, which costs , i dunno how much, but I believe it's much cheaper than having shots without insurance cover and pay them by cash.

Dose this make sense, will this work??

thxxx

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
yea, I knew only the civil surgoen has the right to transfer it into what we need for AOS. What I'm trying to do now is to either find a surgoen who would accept insurance pay ( which is very tough to find, all the surgoens I called do not take that. ), or I'm finding some free shots at family doctor, who will take the pay from insurance company, and then I will take the vaccination result to a civil surgoen just to have him sign it and transfer it into I-693 for AOS, therefore they will not be able to charge me for the shots but only for the signing for a i-639, which costs , i dunno how much, but I believe it's much cheaper than having shots without insurance cover and pay them by cash.

Dose this make sense, will this work??

thxxx

yep that will work.... some people get charged anywhere from free to around $75-$100 to have that transcribed. Not bad pay for doing nothing!

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Call your insurance company. Routine vaccinations are covered under a primary care visit. I put my husband on my insurance. Found him a primary care physician. He went for an annual check up. $15 co-pay. Doctor ordered blood tests to see if he had varicella. We took the results of the blood test and the vaccination record to the civil surgeon, who transcribed it for $25. Th civil surgeon would have charged us $65 for the blood test, and $94 for the varicella vaccine if the blood test did not show he had varicella as a child.

On another note, my insurance would have paid for him to have all his vaccines every 3 years as needed or prescribed by the primary care doctor.

K-1 Journey

3/09/06 K-1 petition sent to Vermont

3/22/06 NOA1 received

4/17/06 NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/21/06 NVC received/ Sent to Paris

5/06 returned to NVC, je ne sais pas pour quoi

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

7/11/06 RFE received at VSC

8/18/06 NOA 2 Reapproved!!!!!!

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

11/29/06 Interview/ APPROVED!!!!!

12/05/06 US arrival JFK POE

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/20/07 SSN card received in mail

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/3/07 I-485 and I-765 sent

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/15/2007 EAD production of card

6/24/2007 EAD received

6/27/2007 AOS approved!!!!

7/2/2007 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/14/07 Baby Arrives 7:44pm

11/03/07 "It's a Family Affair" wedding

I-751

4/28/09 mailed to Vermont

5/11/09 receipt letter, I-751 received by VSC

6/12/09 biometrics Baltimore

8/4/09 approval letter

8/11/09 email, card will be sent within 30 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.