mary grace sager

Adoption

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I need your help. I am

holding immigrant visa and married to a USC. Me and my husband dont have kid and one of my family in the philippines informed me that there is one baby to be deliver on october 2017 and looking for someone who can adopt her child. Is it possible that we can adopt the baby and bring it here in the united states? hope somebody can help us here thanks

There are very strict rules regarding adopting children and bringing them to the US. These rules were put into place to prevent what the situation that you stated which is adopting a child that has no need to immigrate. It is to protect the child(ren) and reduce child trafficking.

Some of the requirements to adopt a child for immigration purposes is that the child should not have living parents (Again, this is to prevent babies being sold. Not saying that is what you are intending to do but if this rule was not in place many would be doing it). If the mother is still alive and simply just giving you the child, it would be extremely difficult for you to immigrate the child to the US.

Also, in order to complete the adoption the adopting parents must spend 2 years in the child's country caring for the the child. This is to ensure that the adopting parents are invested in the process.

These are just a couple of requirements. You can do a search on similar topics. USCIS is very strict when it comes to adoption. If not then people would be randomly adopting children and putting them in unfortunate situations. 

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable