Lorna&Alex

Do we really need to use a co-sponsor?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone :)

I believe I already created a topic similar to this a few months ago before we had even submitted the i-129f but for some reason I can't find the topic so I'm just going to be that annoying person and ask again :)

We have been waiting on NOA2 for 65 days now (and probably have another 90 days of waiting to go lol) but I'm just starting to get organised for the next stage of this process.

My fiance is 27 and worked as a server for about 4 years after college and probably didn't make 100% of the poverty guideline - well he maybe just scraped past it, and he also did some graphic design work on the side. This year in February 2017 he finally got a full time job as a graphic designer/advertising coordinator for a company and he is now earning a lot more than 100% of the poverty guideline. To prove this, he has all his pay stubs, his bank statement and a letter from his employer, but as he only started working for the company in February 2017, therefore he doesn't have his W2 or Tax return for this year yet and probably won't have that by the time I interview either. I will be interviewing at the London embassy which I know isn't super strict so do you think we will get away with proving his income by providing the employer letter, pay stubs and bank statement??

We could use a co-sponsor, my fiances mum is perfectly capable of co-sponsoring us and she doesn't mind doing it, but I just don't want to use a co-sponsor if we really don't have to! 

Let me know your thoughts :)

Lorna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You can get approved in London with only the employer letter. Take pay stubs if you want a spare proof to make you feel more at ease. 

Ah thats great news! thank you! So we definitely don't need to worry about having a W2 or tax transcripts for London?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lorna&Alex said:

Ah thats great news! thank you! So we definitely don't need to worry about having a W2 or tax transcripts for London?

Not for your K1 interview in London. 

When you adjust status after marriage, there is another affidavit of support which will require the latest tax return/W2 or a tax return transcript. Furthermore, you will be asked to supply information on the form about three years of tax returns.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.