KateWB

K1 Fiancé Visa I-129F May filers

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, KateWB said:

The problem with it going to my old address is that I can't access it. Also Royal Mail will not redirect packages like that if they are special delivery signed for. 

You don't need that letter for anything. Others have never gotten it. 

• It tells you the Immigrant Visa Unit has received your petition and your new case number. There are other ways to figure that out. Calling NVC or the letter the American will receive saying the new case number and that it's off to London.  Then cheking the CEAC status  checker thing with your new LND case number.
  • It tells you to get your instructions for applying for the visa on their website. You already have been given the link. Start working on the document list NOW. 
  • It sends you a copy of the petition, I guess so you know the low down on if your fiancé has six kids and three ex-wives. You don't need to turn in that copy at your interview. It is just for your benefit. You are fine without ever receiving it. You've probably already seen a copy and helped fill it out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was thinking more of the package that's sent out, but that's good news it's electronically and all I have to do with the NOA2 is book with the London Embassy. Then I can update the embassy with my new address. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, KateWB said:

I was thinking more of the package that's sent out, but that's good news it's electronically and all I have to do with the NOA2 is book with the London Embassy. Then I can update the embassy with my new address. 

I'm not sure you understand yet.

And I don't know what you mean by "I was thinking more of the package that's sent out". What package, from whom, to whom?

A postal letter is sent to you from the embassy at the UK address given on the petition telling you that you may now apply for the visa. You said it would not be forwarded. Correct. You were worried about not getting it. So is there a different "package" you are talking about now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

I'm not sure you understand yet.

And I don't know what you mean by "I was thinking more of the package that's sent out". What package, from whom, to whom?

A postal letter is sent to you from the embassy at the UK address given on the petition telling you that you may now apply for the visa. You said it would not be forwarded. Correct. You were worried about not getting it. So is there a different "package" you are talking about now?

A package, a parcel, a letter. Does it really matter. I was asking for advice as I'm obviously struggling to understand the process. So yes I do not understand. You are correct!  Thank you for pointing out the obvious....!!!!

Like i I say if they send a letter to my old address stating I can now apply for the visa at the London Embassy I will not receive this as I've moved house. Hence asking how to change my address so I receive it at my new address. Also it's a general question for all letters, packages that I will need to receive to my new address!!!! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, KateWB said:

A package, a parcel, a letter. Does it really matter. I was asking for advice as I'm obviously struggling to understand the process. So yes I do not understand. You are correct!  Thank you for pointing out the obvious....!!!!

Like i I say if they send a letter to my old address stating I can now apply for the visa at the London Embassy I will not receive this as I've moved house. Hence asking how to change my address so I receive it at my new address. Also it's a general question for all letters, packages that I will need to receive to my new address!!!! 

I was only trying to help you by asking what you meant so I could explain more. When you said it is sent electronically, I got confused on whether you meant embassy to you, or you to embassy. 

I did already explain that if you never receive that letter from the embassy, it does not matter.  Sorry you are offended. I'll drop out of this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.