CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, ICM said:

They havent sent anything 😦 they told me they are waiting for NVC to ask for the ds 260 and the i864. They just sent notice to NVC that we got the waiver approved and that we have to wait 11 weeks for them to ask for the ds260

NVC will ask for the DS260 and i864, but as long as you have paid your AOS and IV fees, you can complete them anytime. So, the 11 weeks waiting only applies to after they receive the DS260, i864, and your civil documents. Heck, you can even complete them BEFORE the i601A if you choose to. It takes 30 days from the time of the 601A approval for NVC to receive the receipt of approval. It says it directly on the i797c approval notice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, I'm new here. We're still waiting. I was expecting to have received something by now since it seems others are getting approvals in 4 months or less. We sent my husbands waiver in August and he had his biometrics appointment in September. He was going to try and get his police clearance by going to the mexican consulate and having his brother get it for him but he was told the one from his state expires after 30 days. Would they still accept it if it's expired? Should he just get the national one or do they want the one from the state they lived in?

Timeline
On 1/19/2018 at 6:59 AM, AheartA said:

SAME HAPPENED TO ME with the email. They want my cosponsor's W2 for 2016 even though we sent it. We are gathering ALL (for the past 3 years and for 2017 when available) tax return transcripts and wage and income transcripts just in case. We received that 1/13, and received our interview queue email 1/19.

Wow, that's really odd.  In my AOS supporting evidence, just to make our case stronger, I attached W2s and Federal Tax Returns from years 2016, 2015 and 2014.  As a business owner, I do create my own W2s, but they don't tell the whole income picture.  Ugh.  Anyways, I completely agree with your approach.  Get all income evidence from the past three years and bring it to Juarez....JUST IN CASE.  By the time our interviews are set, our 2017 tax returns should be in order to bring to Juarez as well.  

Timeline
8 hours ago, Sunny25 said:

Hi, I'm new here. We're still waiting. I was expecting to have received something by now since it seems others are getting approvals in 4 months or less. We sent my husbands waiver in August and he had his biometrics appointment in September. He was going to try and get his police clearance by going to the mexican consulate and having his brother get it for him but he was told the one from his state expires after 30 days. Would they still accept it if it's expired? Should he just get the national one or do they want the one from the state they lived in?

I would contact the National Benefits Center for a status update on your I-601a.  Maybe there is some sort of of holdup.  Or the original mail with your approval may have been lost, unlikely but possible.

Get the police clearance letter as soon as possible.  The Police letter is attached evidence to your IV case to the NVC and has nothing to do with the I-601a.  The NVC wants the police certificate from the specific state.  

Timeline

Mansini77, I know the NVC needs the police clearance so we were going to get it early but I don't want it to expire before we have the chance to send it. His state's certificates expire 30 days from when it was issued. So that's my question, will they accept it if it's expired?  

1 hour ago, Sunny25 said:

Mansini77, I know the NVC needs the police clearance so we were going to get it early but I don't want it to expire before we have the chance to send it. His state's certificates expire 30 days from when it was issued. So that's my question, will they accept it if it's expired?  

Never heard of a certificates that expired in 30 days 

Timeline
3 hours ago, HisForeverWife said:

Never heard of a certificates that expired in 30 days 

He called the place that issues them two separate times and was told that each time. His brother lives there and should be able to get it and mail it to us immediately, so I think we will just wait until the waiver is approved.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sunny25 said:

Call the NVC and ask.  While I'm unaware of a 30 day expiration, I wasn't taking any chances and had all the documents expedited from Mexico to our home and then from our home to the NVC via DHL/UPS.  The total time it took was one week.  Two day shipping from Mexico to the US, and then I scanned the documents for copies, and then I UPSed the original to the NVC.  

Timeline

I will have my husband call this week. Yes, that's what we plan to do is have it all expedited. He has to get transportation to the consulate a couple hours away to the consulate so we wanted to get it out of the way. Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/16/2018 at 6:24 PM, maryLu said:

It will come. Few more weeks. I think it has a lot to do with the workload of the officer who gets your case, some are ahead and some are running behind. 

I think so too. I called and They said it's not officially late yet, that They are working on July 1st, and they don't know why other cases are being aprives in 3 months. I'm Aug 2nd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.