CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, ICM said:

I talked again to the lawyer and they told me that they sent the notice to NVC about our waiver  approval does anyone know about how long after they send the DS 260 they give an appt for juarez? Thanks

I hope the attorney sent the civil documents and i864 with that. From the date of the last item received, takes up to 11 weeks. Ours took 5. 1/11 our case with NVC was complete. So probably in April, we will have an appointment for hubby's interview. Hoping for May, though. Otherwise, if it's before, we have to reschedule. (about 3-6 months from the date documents are sent).

Timeline
On 1/15/2018 at 11:51 AM, Nena13 said:

I wonder as well 🤔 its been a month since my biometrics as well. I’ve seen everyone receive a response around 3 months from biometrics! We’re almost there for a response 

Yup. Takes about 3 months from bios. 601A sent 6/29/2017, bios 8/3/2017, approval 10/23/2017. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, AheartA said:

I hope the attorney sent the civil documents and i864 with that. From the date of the last item received, takes up to 11 weeks. Ours took 5. 1/11 our case with NVC was complete. So probably in April, we will have an appointment for hubby's interview. Hoping for May, though. Otherwise, if it's before, we have to reschedule. (about 3-6 months from the date documents are sent).

Hi Aheart,

Since your case seems a bit ahead of the trend here than most of us, I hope you don't mind me by asking.  So on 1/11, your case with the NVC has been completed, but they have not scheduled your Consulate date in Juarez yet?  I'm just trying to gauge around what time my family and I will need to travel to Juarez for the interview.  NVC received all our paperwork in July of 2017.  We looked to be cruising up until I got the email about a Police Certificate clearance.  We scrambled to get it as fast as possible and sent it to the NVC back in early December 2017.  An NVC agent I spoke to said that the one piece of supporting evidence could be stuck in line for up to 11 weeks.  I'm hoping to have a Consulate interview scheduled before July.  Hopefully.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/13/2018 at 4:37 AM, Nena13 said:

You should call sometimes USCIS runs behind! It’s happened to many on here! Who’ve called and have gotten a faster response on doing so. 

Hi I'm Aug 2nd. Just called and they said they're still on July 1st to wait for 6 more weeks before it's considered late 😣

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/17/2017 at 10:04 AM, CDJ2016 said:

My lawyer told me the same thing....  WRONG...  I got a checklist.(We are both in US, IR-1 seeking, i601a approved)     ....(as of MAY 15, reciprocity agreements have been reached with MX,,, NVC now requires (but some people are getting through, i didn't) )

-Below is a follow up email from NVC - confirming the checklist i received prior-,,, PD must be sent i ...  attached is a copy of one.   All the leg work is done at MEXICO consulate in USA  (fingerprints, photo, legals, power of attorney)

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: CDJxxxxxx filed by xxxxxxxxx on behalf of xxxxxxxxxx  Please review the request we recently sent you and submit the required police certificate(s).  For guidelines on the police certificates we need for each country, go to http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Enter your country of birth in the box at the top of the page. The next page is the "Reciprocity Schedule" Click "Police, Court, Prison Records" on the left-hand side of the page.

Available in most states for applicants 18 and over. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate. The state police (Fiscalia General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales). The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state. Contact the state police for instructions.

If the state police record is unavailable, visa applicants must provide a federal record called a "Carta de No Antecedentes Penales" from the Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad. To make the request, applicants must provide the following documentation:

Police Certificate.jpg

Gives us an update please🙏🙏🙏

Timeline

My wife entered the US when she was 5 with a visa that expired and left on her own when she was 18 and 5 months old. Does she need an i601a waiver? 

52 minutes ago, Jonuts11 said:

My wife entered the US when she was 5 with a visa that expired and left on her own when she was 18 and 5 months old. Does she need an i601a waiver? 

I am assuming she is outside the US right now, if thats the case she will need I 601 waiver, not I 601A. I 601A waiver is only for those who are already in the US and able to attend biometrics here in the States.

1 hour ago, Jonuts11 said:

She left when she turned 18 correct? After 21 is when you start accumulating the 180 days for the ban of 3/10years. So I don’t think she needs it because she left at 18. Talk to a lawyer but from my knowledge i know she does not.

Timeline
On 1/16/2018 at 11:44 PM, Mansini77 said:

Hi Aheart,

Since your case seems a bit ahead of the trend here than most of us, I hope you don't mind me by asking.  So on 1/11, your case with the NVC has been completed, but they have not scheduled your Consulate date in Juarez yet?  I'm just trying to gauge around what time my family and I will need to travel to Juarez for the interview.  NVC received all our paperwork in July of 2017.  We looked to be cruising up until I got the email about a Police Certificate clearance.  We scrambled to get it as fast as possible and sent it to the NVC back in early December 2017.  An NVC agent I spoke to said that the one piece of supporting evidence could be stuck in line for up to 11 weeks.  I'm hoping to have a Consulate interview scheduled before July.  Hopefully.

They are currently scheduling December ccs for March according to FB pages. I'm expecting our appointment for April (but am hoping for May and thereafter). If we get an appointment before May, we will have to reschedule. So, likely, you will get an interview date before July, if not, close to.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nena13 said:

She left when she turned 18 correct? After 21 is when you start accumulating the 180 days for the ban of 3/10years. So I don’t think she needs it because she left at 18. Talk to a lawyer but from my knowledge i know she does not.

13ALIENS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT.-

(i) In general.-Any alien (other than an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence) who-

(I) was unlawfully present in the United States for a period of more than 180 days but less than 1 year, voluntarily departed the United States (whether or not pursuant to section  244(e)) prior to the commencement of proceedings under section  235(b)(1) or section  240, and again seeks admission within 3 years of the date of such alien's departure or removal, or

(II) has been unlawfully present in the United States for one year or more, and who again seeks admission within 10 years of the date of such alien's departure or removal from the United States is inadmissible

Minors.-No period of time in which an alien is under 18 years of age shall be taken into account in determining the period of unlawful presence in the United States under clause (i).

Yes she left when she was 18 to Mexico. She has been here in Mexico for 6 years. So I don't think she needs a waiver from this law. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Jane88 said:

I am assuming she is outside the US right now, if thats the case she will need I 601 waiver, not I 601A. I 601A waiver is only for those who are already in the US and able to attend biometrics here in the States.

Yeah she's been outside the US for 6 years. I posted above the law that makes me think she doesn't need the waiver. I would like your opinion on it. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, AheartA said:

They are currently scheduling December ccs for March according to FB pages. I'm expecting our appointment for April (but am hoping for May and thereafter). If we get an appointment before May, we will have to reschedule. So, likely, you will get an interview date before July, if not, close to.

Thanks for the information.  We received an email from the NVC yesterday explaining that they needed my W2 from 2016 to complete my AOS.  I nearly went ballistic, until I read further that they will go ahead and schedule the interview and told us not to mail it, but to bring it to the interview.  So, I'm in research mode now to make our stay in Juarez as comfortable and quick as possible.  I wasn't aware you could reschedule Consulate appointments.  That's good to know as well.

Timeline
On 1/16/2018 at 8:40 PM, AheartA said:

They havent sent anything 😦 they told me they are waiting for NVC to ask for the ds 260 and the i864. They just sent notice to NVC that we got the waiver approved and that we have to wait 11 weeks for them to ask for the ds260

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

Thanks for the information.  We received an email from the NVC yesterday explaining that they needed my W2 from 2016 to complete my AOS.  I nearly went ballistic, until I read further that they will go ahead and schedule the interview and told us not to mail it, but to bring it to the interview.  So, I'm in research mode now to make our stay in Juarez as comfortable and quick as possible.  I wasn't aware you could reschedule Consulate appointments.  That's good to know as well.

SAME HAPPENED TO ME with the email. They want my cosponsor's W2 for 2016 even though we sent it. We are gathering ALL (for the past 3 years and for 2017 when available) tax return transcripts and wage and income transcripts just in case. We received that 1/13, and received our interview queue email 1/19.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.