CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
36 minutes ago, maryLu said:

3 weeks. 

Thanks! And in that notice do they let you know when they scheduled you for biometrics (fingerprints)?

Edited by CA1515

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, CA1515 said:

Thanks! And in that notice do they let you know when they scheduled you for biometrics (fingerprints)?

No, you will get a second letter, usually about a month after they have received you case,and  you have the appointment for biometrics  along with the instructions . I was really nervous about it too, but is pretty straight forward: take the letter and an ID  and go to the appointment at the location and time they give you.  I was done in 10 minutes.

Timeline
16 hours ago, maryLu said:

No, you will get a second letter, usually about a month after they have received you case,and  you have the appointment for biometrics  along with the instructions . I was really nervous about it too, but is pretty straight forward: take the letter and an ID  and go to the appointment at the location and time they give you.  I was done in 10 minutes.

Oh ok. Thank you! The wait for any response just seems so long and I am just so nervous. I try not to think about it too much so hopefully it goes by faster ^_^

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello. I am new to this forum. I have questions about the I-601a and hope someone can help. I took all documentation to my lawyer the last week on August so that he could sent packet off. Packet was sent I assume 2nd week in September. A check for $715 was submitted with packet for filing fees. Check still has not cleared not have we received receipt of packet being recieved or appointment for biometrics. Its been over 2 months. Can anyone give me any suggestions what my next step should be? Thanks in advance.

Timeline
On 11/1/2017 at 11:20 AM, CA1515 said:

Oh ok. Thank you! The wait for any response just seems so long and I am just so nervous. I try not to think about it too much so hopefully it goes by faster ^_^

How long did it take for you to get letter for biometrics after your packet was sent? The I601 A is not necessarily aproved when you get sent to do biometrics? Is this correct?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Latriguena19 said:

How long did it take for you to get letter for biometrics after your packet was sent? The I601 A is not necessarily aproved when you get sent to do biometrics? Is this correct?

You should double check with lawyer to see if they actually sent it and if it was received. You should have received something by now that seems like such a long time. Or I would suggest calling them to see if they have received maybe they are just behind on sending out the letters. And you are right when you get sent to do biometrics does NOT mean waiver is approved yet. They will send a separate letter in about 4-5 months to let you know if they approved your waiver or if denied or if they need more evidence. I am in the same boat as you just waiting to get any kind of response from them. :whistle:

Edited by CA1515

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, Latriguena19 said:

Hello. I am new to this forum. I have questions about the I-601a and hope someone can help. I took all documentation to my lawyer the last week on August so that he could sent packet off. Packet was sent I assume 2nd week in September. A check for $715 was submitted with packet for filing fees. Check still has not cleared not have we received receipt of packet being recieved or appointment for biometrics. Its been over 2 months. Can anyone give me any suggestions what my next step should be? Thanks in advance.

Most likely the lawyer didn't sent the packet in on time. That's my guess. Call the lawyer to tell you the exact day they have mailed out your waiver.

Timeline
6 hours ago, CA1515 said:

You should double check with lawyer to see if they actually sent it and if it was received. You should have received something by now that seems like such a long time. Or I would suggest calling them to see if they have received maybe they are just behind on sending out the letters. And you are right when you get sent to do biometrics does NOT mean waiver is approved yet. They will send a separate letter in about 4-5 months to let you know if they approved your waiver or if denied or if they need more evidence. I am in the same boat as you just waiting to get any kind of response from them. :whistle:

I greatly appreciate your response. Im def getting impatient with this . The "not knowing" is the worst. I will call them to see what they tell me. Lawyer hasnt been responding 🙄

Timeline
6 hours ago, maryLu said:

Most likely the lawyer didn't sent the packet in on time. That's my guess. Call the lawyer to tell you the exact day they have mailed out your waiver.

I am going to have to call them. 

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/15/2017 at 9:22 AM, MaryLu19 said:

Sent mine in yesterday. My lawyer requested expedite processing. We'll see how it goes, part of me wants it to go fast, part of me is ok with taking longer since I am so nervous to leave. Is on God's hands.

In Aug 07th 2017 we submitted both 601 and 212 waivers, they received a week later and we are still in the waiting game. So far it has been 3months :( 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, sylcar said:

In Aug 07th 2017 we submitted both 601 and 212 waivers, they received a week later and we are still in the waiting game. So far it has been 3months :( 

Is your spouse in mexico?

Timeline
On 9/14/2017 at 8:59 AM, CA1515 said:

Oh that is good! I hope our goes just as fast! May I ask what date exactly did they receive your waiver? 

We are on our 3rd month, hopefully for the Holidays we get an answer. Need all the good vibes. It is crazy commuting with Mexico and USA for me and my children, everyday. Since February 2016 we relocated, I found a job 2months after and Monday trough Friday I commute. It is exhausting but I could not hold a relationship with distance, my kids would miss their father and it was too depressing, so these are my consequences. But it's all worth it! We had to learn the different way of living Mexico and made new friends.

Timeline
Just now, sylcar said:

We are on our 3rd month, hopefully for the Holidays we get an answer. Need all the good vibes. It is crazy commuting with Mexico and USA for me and my children, everyday. Since February 2016 we relocated, I found a job 2months after and Monday trough Friday I commute. It is exhausting but I could not hold a relationship with distance, my kids would miss their father and it was too depressing, so these are my consequences. But it's all worth it! We had to learn the different way of living Mexico and made new friends.

I certified it! they cashed the check a week later!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.