Shohel Mahmud

Interview approved but ceac status Ready

38 posts in this topic

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:22 AM, apin said:

hello, my husband is on the same process in dhaka embassy. we are not getting any updates. did you get your visa yet? did they update anything in CEAC website? let me know. thanks 

Hello apin,  My ceac status still showing "Ready" for interview. I contacted with Dhaka Embassy, they replied that they need additional time. It has been 54 days running that Ceac status showing "Ready" after my interview. If you get any update please let me know. Thanks.

hello, i still dont have any update on my case, does your ceac status last update change, like there is a option that says when was your case last updated. does the dates update? cause my case updated like 5 times since the interview but no update shows. let me know. thanks

42 minutes ago, apin said:

hello, i still dont have any update on my case, does your ceac status last update change, like there is a option that says when was your case last updated. does the dates update? cause my case updated like 5 times since the interview but no update shows. let me know. thanks

37 minutes ago, apin said:

also can you tell me how did you send a email to embassy? like where and what did you mention in the email. that would be a great help. thanks

My case updated three times. And obviously, when they replied my email then they also updated my case. For case specific inquiry, the email address of Dhaka US embassy is   :  DhakaVisaSupport@state.gov  . In the subject type your case number. Then,  write like what you want to know....like your current case status.....also mention applicant's name and petitioner's name with date of birth.

35 minutes ago, apin said:

thank you so much. i have emailed them today, didn't get any response yet. let me know if you have any update on your case. thanks 

Ok, I will. Please, if you get any update then please reply here. It will be helpful for others also.

hey, embassy had emailed me back today, they replied: 

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Embassy, Dhaka.

This is in response to your inquiry of September 26, 2017.

Your application currently requires additional administrative processing.  We will contact you as soon as the process is complete.  We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

This is very frustrating. how long will they keep our case in AP?  they didnt even say that it was in AP. 

21 hours ago, apin said:

hey, embassy had emailed me back today, they replied: 

This is in response to your inquiry of September 26, 2017.

Your application currently requires additional administrative processing.  We will contact you as soon as the process is complete.  We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

This is very frustrating. how long will they keep our case in AP?  they didnt even say that it was in AP. 

I got the same email from the Embassy during my second inquiry. No one can say how long it will take. Let us hope this will be done soon.  Nothing we can do in here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         I am Just keep checking my status everyday.                                                                                                                                                                      

I done my third inquiry about my case by sending email to Dhaka embassy. They replied :

This is in response to your inquiry of  September 28, 2017.

This application currently requires additional review. 

Review times vary due to factors beyond our control and we are unable to expedite or speculate about review times.  We will contact the applicant as soon as the process is complete.  We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Consular Section

Embassy of the United States

Dhaka, Bangladesh

But, my case status still showing "Ready".

oh gosh,, this is very absurd. how can they just keep us wait for this long without giving a single clue of whats going on.  i thought you already got your visa since its been more than 60 days. i was expecting it to be done by 60 days. 

My case status is still showing "Ready". How about you?

1 hour ago, apin said:

hey, did you get any updates yet? have you checked your ceac status?

i checked the status this morning, and it says 'Issued'. and i checked the UStraveldocs.com but they don't have any updates. even checked with his passport number, but no updates there. so im a bit confused and worried. 

Thank you :)

yeah i hope he gets the visa with next week. 

and hopefully you will hear something soon too. good luck. and keep us updated here.  i will post here if he gets the visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.