haithm1

My case was received

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
My petition was filed on May 15 2017. Right now the case status is " my Case Was Received ". What would be the next status and my file require or not RFD ....If anyone has clarity, please let me know

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You should expect case approved in several months (Texas is around 5 months approx.) if everything is correct, or an RFE if something is missing in your application.

Right now all you can do is wait, or start looking into documents needed at NVC stage.

*~*~*moved from "process and procedures" to "progress reports" - enquiry about approval timeframes*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

I will give you a better answer since my spouse is a Yemeni citizen.  I filed my case back in December 30th, 2016 it was received by the TSC.  I received a RFE on April 17th, 2017 (so around 4 months later).  I sent my RFE response on April 22nd and was received on April 28th, 2017.  On June 1st, 2017 my case was transferred to the local USCIS office in my state (MI).  Almost 99% of Yemeni applicants will have their case transferred to their state to complete a Stokes Interview where the petitioner is interviewed and asked a series of questions to make sure the case is legit.  I say 99% and this figure was given to me by the local USCIS officer in my state and also by my Senator's clerk who handles immigration cases.

Well, Its September 12th today and I haven't had my interview.  Maybe next week I will be scheduled. 

Once scheduled, some say it lasts 30 minutes and some have had their interview last 1.5 hours.  They get asked all type of questions and they also ask for the original marriage certificate of both versions (Long bluish version which was completed by the Shiekh & the short version which looks like a small folder from the Interior Ministry....If you got married in Yemen, then you will know what I am speaking about).  Have both translated if you get transferred to your local USCIS office.  BTW, the TSC was closed last week or the week before that and that was on their website, so plan for a small delay.

If your case was submitted in May, then I would wait until October or November to start calling them.  See if your Senator or Congresman's can assist in following up with your case.  For old cases, they can help, but for cases with recent submission date, not so much.  Good luck

• 6 months later...
Timeline
On ١٢‏/٩‏/٢٠١٧ at 7:56 PM, DILAW said:

I will give you a better answer since my spouse is a Yemeni citizen.  I filed my case back in December 30th, 2016 it was received by the TSC.  I received a RFE on April 17th, 2017 (so around 4 months later).  I sent my RFE response on April 22nd and was received on April 28th, 2017.  On June 1st, 2017 my case was transferred to the local USCIS office in my state (MI).  Almost 99% of Yemeni applicants will have their case transferred to their state to complete a Stokes Interview where the petitioner is interviewed and asked a series of questions to make sure the case is legit.  I say 99% and this figure was given to me by the local USCIS officer in my state and also by my Senator's clerk who handles immigration cases.

Well, Its September 12th today and I haven't had my interview.  Maybe next week I will be scheduled. 

Once scheduled, some say it lasts 30 minutes and some have had their interview last 1.5 hours.  They get asked all type of questions and they also ask for the original marriage certificate of both versions (Long bluish version which was completed by the Shiekh & the short version which looks like a small folder from the Interior Ministry....If you got married in Yemen, then you will know what I am speaking about).  Have both translated if you get transferred to your local USCIS office.  BTW, the TSC was closed last week or the week before that and that was on their website, so plan for a small delay.

If your case was submitted in May, then I would wait until October or November to start calling them.  See if your Senator or Congresman's can assist in following up with your case.  For old cases, they can help, but for cases with recent submission date, not so much.  Good luck

hi can give me what is  questions and u need in interview in  local USCIS office in my state (TS) bcz  Maybe next month I will be scheduled

First what is TS state?  You mean TN Tennessee or TX Texas?  I never heard of TS state.

As far as the questions, nothing hard.  They will ask you questions and take your answers, then when they interview your wife later they will ask her the questions they asked you and want her to answer the same way.  As long as you are honest you will be fine and nothing to stress about really.

They ask questions about you like who is your father and mother, how many uncles you have and their names and your brothers and sisters.  They ask you like what schools you went to and what cities even otherseas.  How you know your wife and how long you have known her.  Did you have a wedding and who came to the wedding and where it was.  Where you and her stayed together and describe the places.  Where you stayed in Yemen and describe the house even if it belongs to your father.  They will ask you about her family what her family's names like brother, sister, mother and father and where her parents were born and where.  They will ask if they came to the wedding and might ask you to show pictures of the wedding if you have any.

Basically everything you wrote on the I130 or I129 they will ask you.  Just tell them the truth and what you know to the best of your ability.  Honesty is the best thing wallah. 

They will ask you if you keep in touch with your wife (how and how often)?  Once you are done they will tell you that they will review your case and let you know their decision in the mail in 30 days.  Can't have your phone turned on too during the interview.  Good luck and let me know how it goes for you

Timeline
21 hours ago, DILAW said:

First what is TS state?  You mean TN Tennessee or TX Texas?  I never heard of TS state.

As far as the questions, nothing hard.  They will ask you questions and take your answers, then when they interview your wife later they will ask her the questions they asked you and want her to answer the same way.  As long as you are honest you will be fine and nothing to stress about really.

They ask questions about you like who is your father and mother, how many uncles you have and their names and your brothers and sisters.  They ask you like what schools you went to and what cities even otherseas.  How you know your wife and how long you have known her.  Did you have a wedding and who came to the wedding and where it was.  Where you and her stayed together and describe the places.  Where you stayed in Yemen and describe the house even if it belongs to your father.  They will ask you about her family what her family's names like brother, sister, mother and father and where her parents were born and where.  They will ask if they came to the wedding and might ask you to show pictures of the wedding if you have any.

Basically everything you wrote on the I130 or I129 they will ask you.  Just tell them the truth and what you know to the best of your ability.  Honesty is the best thing wallah. 

They will ask you if you keep in touch with your wife (how and how often)?  Once you are done they will tell you that they will review your case and let you know their decision in the mail in 30 days.  Can't have your phone turned on too during the interview.  Good luck and let me know how it goes for you

i mean Texas .....

thank you my friend

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.