Palawan1

ECC at Bureau of Immigration

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone received their  Emigration Clearance Certificate at the Intramuros location? Does it take several hours or just a short amount of time? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Palawan1 said:

Has anyone received their  Emigration Clearance Certificate at the Intramuros location? Does it take several hours or just a short amount of time? 

Depends on the situation. Took several days and several visits to get my child's ECC last year.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, JeniandMatt said:

What's the ECC needed for? Sorry 1st time I've heard of this

Exit Clearance Certificate

Required of foreigners, before they exit the Philippines, that have been in country over 6 months.  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Exit Clearance Certificate

Required of foreigners, before they exit the Philippines, that have been in country over 6 months.  

Thank you so much sir for the response. For a moment I thought there is something more that we need that we are missing. But since my fiance is not staying here we won't be needing that. 

Edited by JeniandMatt

Timeline
3 hours ago, JeniandMatt said:

Thank you so much sir for the response. For a moment I thought there is something more that we need that we are missing. But since my fiance is not staying here we won't be needing that. 

For a visit of 30 day or less, he will need nothing but a smile ;)    (OK .. and chocolate :lol:  )

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

For a visit of 30 day or less, he will need nothing but a smile ;)    (OK .. and chocolate :lol:  )

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Yes 😊.

Off topic. BTW I am a frequent visitor of your website visa connection. I get our guide for the Philippine process there. We are now on NVC and waiting for the case number. Noa2 Aug 22. Thanks for the very informative site it really helps 😊

What a joke Bureau of Immigrations is! I always thought honesty was the best policy. After more than 2 hours of being sent to 3 different Windows regarding our effort to receive my ECC and then sent to the 3rd floor room 306 for "downgrading", we left with nothing to show for it.

I have been here in the Philippines for more than a year: married, completed CR1 & CR2, had a baby girl in February and completed CRBA. It has been the most awesome time of my life! We received the visas this last week and we bought tickets to fly to the US in the next few days. 

Last November I completed all necessary requirements for my ACR-I "resident card". It took more than 2 months to receive my Resident card (probationary 13A) because BI screwed up. That delayed our processing of the CR1/CR2. 

I read all the BI instructions/requirements regarding ECC. You need to submit your application for ECC  at BI no later than 72 hours before your departure (unless you're able to get your ECC at the airport just before you depart). 

Apparently, if you tell them that you are leaving for good and not returning to the Philippines before your "resident card" expires you have to do a "downgrading" and the lady says that will take 3 weeks or more! What's with the 72 hour minimum before departure? What's with the explanation for requiring an ECC from all foreigners departing: "to insure that the foreign national has no pending obligation with the government of the Philippines". It makes no sense to me why they would allow some to do their ECC at the airport just because that person "might" be returning to the Philippines in a few weeks or so. Yet if you tell them at the airport that you are leaving for good they will not give you your ECC. They can verify very quickly at the airport (by scanning your ACR-I card) if you have any "pending obligation with the government". I guess it is best to lie and tell them that you will be returning in a few weeks. Why put 72 hours on their website if it is not true.

Rant over haha. I feel better now. I didn't want to stress my wife out any more than she already is before our departure so I decided to rant here :rolleyes:

Timeline
1 hour ago, Palawan1 said:

What a joke Bureau of Immigrations is! I always thought honesty was the best policy. After more than 2 hours of being sent to 3 different Windows regarding our effort to receive my ECC and then sent to the 3rd floor room 306 for "downgrading", we left with nothing to show for it.

I have been here in the Philippines for more than a year: married, completed CR1 & CR2, had a baby girl in February and completed CRBA. It has been the most awesome time of my life! We received the visas this last week and we bought tickets to fly to the US in the next few days. 

Last November I completed all necessary requirements for my ACR-I "resident card". It took more than 2 months to receive my Resident card (probationary 13A) because BI screwed up. That delayed our processing of the CR1/CR2. 

I read all the BI instructions/requirements regarding ECC. You need to submit your application for ECC  at BI no later than 72 hours before your departure (unless you're able to get your ECC at the airport just before you depart). 

Apparently, if you tell them that you are leaving for good and not returning to the Philippines before your "resident card" expires you have to do a "downgrading" and the lady says that will take 3 weeks or more! What's with the 72 hour minimum before departure? What's with the explanation for requiring an ECC from all foreigners departing: "to insure that the foreign national has no pending obligation with the government of the Philippines". It makes no sense to me why they would allow some to do their ECC at the airport just because that person "might" be returning to the Philippines in a few weeks or so. Yet if you tell them at the airport that you are leaving for good they will not give you your ECC. They can verify very quickly at the airport (by scanning your ACR-I card) if you have any "pending obligation with the government". I guess it is best to lie and tell them that you will be returning in a few weeks. Why put 72 hours on their website if it is not true.

Rant over haha. I feel better now. I didn't want to stress my wife out any more than she already is before our departure so I decided to rant here :rolleyes:

Yup .. BI is the worse.     Ever been there early in the morning when they open their doors?

1st thing deliveries arrive for food orders (they must have standing orders), then almost everyone gathers in groups at the back of their office to eat and chit-chat, with just one or two at the windows.  Once breakfast is done everyone moves to their positions.. until the next food delivery arrives.

Most there do not have a clue what the requirements are for any of the processes.. they go by their own opinion or what someone else has told them, but not what is written.

BI truly needs to have the tree shaken.

I well understand your rant.

You want to see a well oiled machine go over to the Bureau of Animal Industries to get the health certificate for exiting with your dog.  Now there are a bunch of people that know their jobs, are helpful and efficient.   I am always impressed with the staff there.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.