Elethiomel

Provide your middle name exactly as it appears on your form I-94

17 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2018 at 11:48 AM, Mr J said:

Hi, I came across this post on doing a search and see that others have had their First and Middle names put in the location on the I-94 where it states 'First (Given) Name'. Is this acceptable or will it cause issues further down the line at all?

Not sure if related, but I did have to be manually verified to get my SSN which took 49 days from start to finally receiving my card. When I went into the Social Security Office the clerk found me on her computer system twice, once under my correct name as seen on my passport, the second one my correct name but in the wrong order. She tried 4 different ways to rectify it but couldn't and said she would have to send photocopies of my paperwork to Homeland Security for them to sort out. That got sorted but not sure if it was I-94 related due to my middle name being on my I-94 after my first name... rather confused and not getting any concrete answers, not sure I want to start trying to change things on the form if it's not needed?

Chiming in because I had the same problem. I had my I-94 corrected so now 'First (Given) Name' includes both my first names and my middle name (my mother's maiden name). We'll have to see if this will prove problematic for me down the line. Hope you have had better luck Mr J!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Certainly never has caused me an issue so far! I actually don't remember if it came up at interview. 

Edited by Elethiomel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.