wanderlust88

Abu Dhabi Embassy Delays - Support Group

1,137 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, dady12 said:

thank you for your time ,today make it 3 days it has been issued,I ask the lady when I submit my sponsor paper if I should give her empost registration paper but she said no ,I register with empost as courier delivery but I did not submit the print out to the embassy as the lady refuse to take it,so I don't know if the passport is in embassy or with empost but I am planning to check the post office 

If you have registered as empost then it will be sent to the main post office in Dubai. Don't worry about the paper not submitted, they don't need it. Once your passport is sent from Abu Dhabi, you will get an email from Post office with tracking number, once status is At Hub, Dubai, you can go to the post office with Emirates ID.

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mandysahota said:

If you have registered as empost then it will be sent to the main post office in Dubai. Don't worry about the paper not submitted, they don't need it. Once your passport is sent from Abu Dhabi, you will get an email from Post office with tracking number, once status is At Hub, Dubai, you can go to the post office with Emirates ID.

ok I will wait until tommorow before I visit the post office because visa issued since 30th of April,so I quess it is already out from embassy .thanks for the kind reply 

20 minutes ago, wolvarien said:

Sorry I gave a wrong link do use it please 

ok thanks 

For CR1 immigrant Visa:

Has anyone here experience multiple appointment interview changes? The Abu Dhabi counseler keeps rescheduling my appointments. Very frustrated!

I had my IR1 interview yesterday on the 10th of May.  We had checked into the Aloft Hotel which was a 5 minute taxi drive to the Embassy, it convenient as we live in Al-Ain.  I had arrived at 06:00 for my 08:00 appointment and to my surprise there was about 7 people ahead of me sitting on the immigrant visa benches.  About 07:15 the security let us in where we went through the metal detectors and left our phones.   Walked to the main building of the embassy where I was given a number.  First time I was called I had given all my requested documents such as birth certificate, police reports, marriage certificate, and other tax forms that the NVC had requested I submit on interview.  The second time I was called I had my bio metrics scanned (fingerprinted).  And last but not least I was called to interview the CO.  Here's the following questions she asked:

1.  How did you meet your wife and when?

2. When did you get married?

3.  Do you have any kids(yes), can you show me their birth certificate?

4. You had a previous B1/B2 visa, but its not in your passport.(It's in my old expired passport)

5.  When do you guys plan on moving back?

6.  Can you show me proof of domicile? (which i did)

7.  You guys already purchased a car in the states, isn't that a bit too early? (It's cheaper then renting a car each time as we travel to the states to visit twice a year)  She agreed on that part.

Then she said "Ok I think we have everything" handed me a white slip and said I should wait for an email to pick up my visa.

6 hours ago, Sabbah said:

I had my IR1 interview yesterday on the 10th of May.  We had checked into the Aloft Hotel which was a 5 minute taxi drive to the Embassy, it convenient as we live in Al-Ain.  I had arrived at 06:00 for my 08:00 appointment and to my surprise there was about 7 people ahead of me sitting on the immigrant visa benches.  About 07:15 the security let us in where we went through the metal detectors and left our phones.   Walked to the main building of the embassy where I was given a number.  First time I was called I had given all my requested documents such as birth certificate, police reports, marriage certificate, and other tax forms that the NVC had requested I submit on interview.  The second time I was called I had my bio metrics scanned (fingerprinted).  And last but not least I was called to interview the CO.  Here's the following questions she asked:

4. You had a previous B1/B2 visa, but its not in your passport.(It's in my old expired passport)

7.  You guys already purchased a car in the states, isn't that a bit too early? (It's cheaper then renting a car each time as we travel to the states to visit twice a year)  She agreed on that part.

Then she said "Ok I think we have everything" handed me a white slip and said I should wait for an email to pick up my visa.

congratulations 

6 hours ago, Sabbah said:

Congratulations!

Thanks guys.  Could anyone give me an insight of what the next steps are?  I should be waiting an email from empost to go and pick up the passport, after that I can pay the greencard fee online correct?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Sabbah said:

Thanks guys.  Could anyone give me an insight of what the next steps are?  I should be waiting an email from empost to go and pick up the passport, after that I can pay the greencard fee online correct?

Thanks

check the ceac website and whenever u see issued then u should be expecting an email for passport tracking number for pick up

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.