Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2018 at 7:48 PM, agrzybianek said:

Got my interview letter! My interview is May 9th!

filed June 2017 and had fingerprints July 2017!

any interview hints that you guys can share? I’m gonna bring my tax returns, interview letter, green card, social security card, drivers license...anything else? 

Great to hear you got your letter! My husband had his interview today and they didn't ask him for anything. Only the required stuff, drivers license, GC and passport. 

Edited by Steelers1020

10 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

Great to hear you got your letter! My husband had his interview today and they didn't ask him for anything. Only the required stuff, drivers license, GC and passport. 

nice! I'm assuming he passed flawlessly, Congratulations! how was his overall interview experience? 

49 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

nice! I'm assuming he passed flawlessly, Congratulations! how was his overall interview experience? 

He said it was very pleasant. The lady who interviewed him was very nice. She went through the test portion first and then asked him questions off the n-400 application. It took a total of 20 minutes. Just let them set the pace and it takes away the stress. She did not ask him for pictures. 

Hopfully he will get an oath update in the next couple of weeks. 

6 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

He said it was very pleasant. The lady who interviewed him was very nice. She went through the test portion first and then asked him questions off the n-400 application. It took a total of 20 minutes. Just let them set the pace and it takes away the stress. She did not ask him for pictures. 

Hopfully he will get an oath update in the next couple of weeks. 

keep us posted :D

Hi all, same experience here, brought a ton of documents, tax transcripts, pictures, W2s, utility bills, birth certificate copy and original (although I discovered they still had the original one on file) but the officer only asked me for my GC, drivers' license, and current and expired passport (all my overseas travels were just on the expired passport, he checked the stamps, I travelled a lot). My interview was a little stressful but that is just because my situation was complicated but in the end I was recommended for approval!

On 4/11/2018 at 11:41 AM, Steelers1020 said:

I think you have a good chance of getting your interview date by July. I think they are actively working on June 2017 paper aplicants currently. 

Good luck!

Thanks Steelers and congrats!

Appreciate your response. This means I should receive the letter in June. 

1. I will have had two international trips ( one personal and the other business) between filing my application ( Sept 2017) and the interview ( July 2018). Is this a concern?

2. My wife’s passport expires in Aug. if the interview is in July, I think this is OK. Do we have to have an active passport for the Oath ceremony hoping it happens in Aug? 

3. If it helps to know, we are filing our N-400 through a lawyer. 

Congrats to all who keep updating and keeping this place alive daily! As the day is nearing I share your excitement as well.

thanks 

17 hours ago, peachlings said:

Hi all, same experience here, brought a ton of documents, tax transcripts, pictures, W2s, utility bills, birth certificate copy and original (although I discovered they still had the original one on file) but the officer only asked me for my GC, drivers' license, and current and expired passport (all my overseas travels were just on the expired passport, he checked the stamps, I travelled a lot). My interview was a little stressful but that is just because my situation was complicated but in the end I was recommended for approval!

Congratulations! Let me know when you get movement on your oath. I think my husband and you will have the same oath date. 

1 hour ago, podapodapunnaku said:

Thanks Steelers and congrats!

Appreciate your response. This means I should receive the letter in June. 

1. I will have had two international trips ( one personal and the other business) between filing my application ( Sept 2017) and the interview ( July 2018). Is this a concern?

2. My wife’s passport expires in Aug. if the interview is in July, I think this is OK. Do we have to have an active passport for the Oath ceremony hoping it happens in Aug? 

3. If it helps to know, we are filing our N-400 through a lawyer. 

Congrats to all who keep updating and keeping this place alive daily! As the day is nearing I share your excitement as well.

thanks 

Yes you will probably get your interview notice in June or July, the good thing is that you have 4-5 weeks after the letter arrives for the actual interview. So you can somewhat plan travel. 

1. Traveling after filing a n-400 is not an issue. Just make sure you have exact dates of travel and some proof of travel.  

2. Having an active passport for interview and oath is not necessary. My husbands passport expired in February. 

Good luck!!

My husbands oath has been scheduled!

Timeline:

FO: Chicago 

Filing under 5 yr
Priority Date: May 25, 2017
Notice Date: May 29, 2017
Biometric Notice: June 2, 2017
Finger Prints: June 22, 2017
In Line for Interview: July 3, 2017
Interview scheduled email: March 8, 2018
Interview letter received: March 12, 2018
Interview: April 11th, 2018 - Passed
Email received that oath notice has been mailed: April 13th, 2018

1 hour ago, Steelers1020 said:

My husbands oath has been scheduled!

Timeline:

FO: Chicago 

Filing under 5 yr
Priority Date: May 25, 2017
Notice Date: May 29, 2017
Biometric Notice: June 2, 2017
Finger Prints: June 22, 2017
In Line for Interview: July 3, 2017
Interview scheduled email: March 8, 2018
Interview letter received: March 12, 2018
Interview: April 11th, 2018 - Passed
Email received that oath notice has been mailed: April 13th, 2018

wow, they scheduled him for oath fast! Congratulations again! very happy for you guys :D

Congrats @Steelers1020! That was quick! :) Mine will probably take some time because I'm based in Central Illinois and oath ceremonies are few and far in between. There is one at the end of June, one end of July and one end of September.

2 hours ago, peachlings said:

Congrats @Steelers1020! That was quick! :) Mine will probably take some time because I'm based in Central Illinois and oath ceremonies are few and far in between. There is one at the end of June, one end of July and one end of September.

Oh ok! Hope central IL gets you a date soon. My brother-in-law and his wife are also filers from central IL. 

Good luck!

hello guys, 

I am a paper filer in Chicago (month of November 2017) -  based on current estimates and speed, would someone be so kind and tell me when should I expect my interview and my passport in HAND?    I need to set up a business abroad and this is important for me to know because it determines how I set that up.  Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi

August Filer here (paper), in line for interview date 9/12/17, appears things are moving quicker from reading previous posts, hoping to have some interview news soon as everyone is of course:mellow:

Edited by pwhound

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.