Iris M

Paying DS-160 Fee - Montreal Consulate

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sure there is a post about this, but I am a Canadian applicant for a K-1 visa.

I have my interview scheduled for August 9th, at 9am, and I cannot find where I am to pay the IMMIGRANT VISA FEES - $265 USD.

I went on the US Consular website: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ - clicked Fee Payment under Immigrant, inputted all the info, and I received this message:

Summary Information

K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case.

I have filled out the DS-160 form, and I have a confirmation CEAC #, and I have my interview, but I don't know where to pay this fee. All links provided in the Montreal consulate Packet 4 lead to error pages. Please help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, arisxx said:

I am sure there is a post about this, but I am a Canadian applicant for a K-1 visa.

I have my interview scheduled for August 9th, at 9am, and I cannot find where I am to pay the IMMIGRANT VISA FEES - $265 USD.

I went on the US Consular website: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ - clicked Fee Payment under Immigrant, inputted all the info, and I received this message:

I have filled out the DS-160 form, and I have a confirmation CEAC #, and I have my interview, but I don't know where to pay this fee. All links provided in the Montreal consulate Packet 4 lead to error pages. Please help!

We were able to pay last week when we scheduled our interview. I have also read that you can pay in cash at the consulate.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, gob332 said:

We were able to pay last week when we scheduled our interview. I have also read that you can pay in cash at the consulate.

Where did you pay? On the same site I provided above?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, arisxx said:

Where did you pay? On the same site I provided above?

I'll have to ask my fiance when she is off of work, but it wasn't the CEAC site. It was on the site that was provided in Packet 4 when she scheduled her interview. I think she has screen shots, but I can check with with her.

Timeline
3 hours ago, gob332 said:

I'll have to ask my fiance when she is off of work, but it wasn't the CEAC site. It was on the site that was provided in Packet 4 when she scheduled her interview. I think she has screen shots, but I can check with with her.

Thank you so much. Every link on the packet 4 PDF leads to an error page. It's not making any sense to me right now, and it's just frustrating.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

You pay on this site when you schedule your interview. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
5 hours ago, NikLR said:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

You pay on this site when you schedule your interview. 

This sends me to a non-immigrant visa site. The site I signed up for my K-1 interview was on the green site: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

I'm so confused!!

Technically a k1 visa is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.  Im unsure which side you sign up on for thr k1 however as I was a CR1 and the site was much different back then.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
9 hours ago, NikLR said:

Technically a k1 visa is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.  Im unsure which side you sign up on for thr k1 however as I was a CR1 and the site was much different back then.  

I'll pay through this portal, and if I need to make adjustments, I'll advise the consulate on where I had booked and paid. 

Thank you for your help @NikLR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.