Bannonmh194

50 days after RFE (California service center ) edited

10 posts in this topic

I am just wondering when I should be getting worried not receiving a approval after submitting a RFE. I am on day 50 right now waiting. My RFE was just due to me forgeting to check the box saying I didn't commit a crime which the answer was no anyway. I have read that if you have a easy RFE fix it should be fast but mine is not. Any advice would be helpful ?! 

• Ontarkie changed the title to 50 days after RFE (California service center ) edited
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Had an RFE too.I am a Dec filer,got my RFE in March.They received my response on April 12th.No response from them ever since.Not even EAD yet.

Edited by Slim213
Error

SLIM231- have you tried calling? I've been looking at all the other threads and it seems like usually there fast to respond expecially if it's an easy RFE to fix , I was planning to call after 60 days 

Edited by Bannonmh194

Timeline

I called twice but my wife booked an appointment with the local office tomorrow.Hopefully things work out out because I've been sitting home since December 

I submitted my case in December 2016.  Received a RFE on April 17th which I responded to and sent on April 22nd.  Was received and status was updated online showing "RFE Response Received and being Reviewed."  I was told it takes 45 to 60 days for the USCIS to response.  Waited the 60 days and called on day 61.  I was told the by the USCIS updating my case that it was received, thats considered a response and I have to wait for a decision.  Waited another 30 days and called and was told my case was sent to the local USCIS office because they would like to interview me.  Contacted the local USCIS office and was told there are 150 applicants before me which they are due to be interviewed and I should hear from them in 90 to 120 days.

On the other hand, there is a friend of mine who was transferred to the same local USCIS office 13 days AFTER me and he has an interview date on August 8th.  His case was submitted to the USCIS (TSC) 14 days before mine was sent.  Nothing makes sense anymore with these government employees

1 minute ago, Slim213 said:

I called twice but my wife booked an appointment with the local office tomorrow.Hopefully things work out out because I've been sitting home since December 

I hope your local USCIS office is different than ours.  Ours is in Detroit, MI and they suck.  If you walk in on a stretcher with 24 hours to live, they won't do a thing for you.  They lie too here.  I had an officer at the Detroit office tell me an I-130 case can NOT be expedited for any reasons and that's a lie

Timeline

I think they have too many applicants since December and it isn't making things easy for them.Let's hope for the best.Wishing us all the best of luck in our journey 

I agree. I have a friend who applied a month after me and did not get a RFE and she already has the approval and the date for the interview. Makes no sense. Bc usually you hear back fast from RFE 

What was your RFE for if you don't mind me asking ? 

National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283....is this who you call and ask to speak to a tier 2 supervisor?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.