Lee F

Any good H1B job websites out there for IT pros

24 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Lee F said:

They are country wide... id prefer to move to FL

Does the L1 count in the limitations of work visas already closed for this year?

No, that is why I suggested. There is no cap for L1. 

To start with, I would just tell your company you can move wherever they want. They might have special needs somewhere and they can justify the L1 easily, plus be willing to pay the cost. My husband did an L1 and it worked for us because I was in the Midwest and his company told him they actually needed people in the Midwest. I started university in August and by October they had already moved him because the director of professional services in the US saw an opportunity and pushed his case. They basically told him in September that his application had been approved and he was starting in 3 weeks. It was crazy fast. If I remember correctly, there is premium processing for L1 was his application was approved in a week and then sent to the consulate. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

No, that is why I suggested. There is no cap for L1. 

To start with, I would just tell your company you can move wherever they want. They might have special needs somewhere and they can justify the L1 easily, plus be willing to pay the cost. My husband did an L1 and it worked for us because I was in the Midwest and his company told him they actually needed people in the Midwest. I started university in August and by October they had already moved him because the director of professional services in the US saw an opportunity and pushed his case. They basically told him in September that his application had been approved and he was starting in 3 weeks. It was crazy fast. If I remember correctly, there is premium processing for L1 was his application was approved in a week and then sent to the consulate. 

I could apply worst they could say is no

5 minutes ago, Lee F said:

I could apply worst they could say is no

You would not have to apply for a job with the US side. You'd have to either talk to someone from the US side if/when they travel to the UK, or you'd have to talk to people in the UK to see if they can talk to people on the US about it.

I know several people who have used an L1 and that is how they went about it.

Edited by Coco8

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, MKSKS said:

Hi ,

I filed my case April 2016. Last update was on Dec 16th which was received response to RFE. I want to call and check on toll free. Can anyone help me with the Phone code for EAC . The equivalent of 546 for SRC and 722 for LIN

Would be really helpful.

Start your own thread please. Hijacking other people's threads is not polite.

6 hours ago, Daron and Honey said:

http://fluorjobs.com

LogcaplV jobs

Work in Afghanistan..look for Teir III vacancies. 

Spending time in Afghanistan is not a good idea because he will be asked why did he go there and then put into administrative processing. If anyone can avoid going to the Middle East, that is better. It is sad, but that is what is going on.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Spending time in Afghanistan is not a good idea because he will be asked why did he go there and then put into administrative processing. If anyone can avoid going to the Middle East, that is better. It is sad, but that is what is going on.

Only places ive been on my jollies are Florida Vegas Florida Florida Magaluf Rome Florida Barcelona (oh and Butlins Adult weekender)

And id like to live in Florida :-D

Edited by Lee F

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.