severinep

New to the CR1 visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone!

It seems we will follow the CR1 path now.

I sent the I-129f form to my husband 2 weeks ago. He didn't get them yet (he is serving in Iraq so I print all the form for him, it's easier).

Meanwhile, my husband told me he got a document from a visa service center talking about an Affidavit of Support and a fee of $70, non payable by check. Does that mean our I-130 has been approved and we can abandon the K3 visa process?

If that is the case, what to expect? What is the next step?

Why do you think this visa is better than the k3?

N-400 process started 09/2017

It means that the USCIS is through with your application and have forwarded it to the NVC. The NVC has sent out a billing for the AOS of $70. It also means that a case number has been assigned by NVC in place of the former number assigned by USCIS.

NVC flowchart

Hello everyone!

It seems we will follow the CR1 path now.

I sent the I-129f form to my husband 2 weeks ago. He didn't get them yet (he is serving in Iraq so I print all the form for him, it's easier).

Meanwhile, my husband told me he got a document from a visa service center talking about an Affidavit of Support and a fee of $70, non payable by check. Does that mean our I-130 has been approved and we can abandon the K3 visa process?

If that is the case, what to expect? What is the next step?

Why do you think this visa is better than the k3?

Timeline

Ok, I got an email from my husband:

yeah it said something about the CR1, but in no way is it approved. This bill is a processing fee for the affidavit of support

So, that means we are going through the CR1, right? We can abandon the K3 and when he gets the I-129f form I can tell him to forget about it, right?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Yes. Some people still do follow the K3 route, some don't. It's up to you.

I think what happened is that your NOA2 (the approval notice) got lost in the mail or something, but the AOS fee bill made it..

From looking at their timeline, I wondering if the NOA1 got lost and they recieved the NOA2, usually the NOA1 only takes 2-3 weeks to be received and about 2-3 months for the NOA2.

Just a thought?!?!?!?!

OUR K-3 INTERVIEW WAS ON NOV. 1ST @ 10:00!!!

VISA APPROVED!!!

WE ARRIVE IN THE USA ON NOV. 10TH!!!

Timeline
Yeah, what you said makes more sense.. When they got their NOA, they probably thought it was the first one, but it probably was the second one in fact. Good thinking.

Oh, maybe you're right. This is what it says on our I-797 Notice Of Action form:

Notice type: approval notice

Section: Husband or wife of U.S. Citizen, 201(B) INA

Oh, then it says: the above petition has been approved! They say they sent it to the NVC center. Ok, then yeah, thank you all. We never got the NOA1 for the I-130, only an approval.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ok, I got an email from my husband:

yeah it said something about the CR1, but in no way is it approved. This bill is a processing fee for the affidavit of support

So, that means we are going through the CR1, right? We can abandon the K3 and when he gets the I-129f form I can tell him to forget about it, right?

Tell your husband that the Affidavit of Support bill, the Choice of Agent and the DS-230 are the visa application documents. They will ONLY lead to an Immigrant Visa. You can ONLY get those if the I-130 is approved.

His I-130 HAS been approved. Now YOU will have the opportunity to apply for a visa (CR-1).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.