Anyta Holland

Not sure how to title this!

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys...

I wasn't sure how to title this post, but I thought any of you might have an answer to my question.

When hubby and I left the UK I was a month away of applying for my Indefinite Leave to Remain, which meant that I could stay there indefinately... But then I never sent my passport because they only allowed me to do it exactly 4 weeks before my Definate Leave to Remain expired, so I didn't have time enough to send my passport and get it back before the time that we were leaving...

I never informed any of the authorities that I would be leaving the country and no reapplying for my visa...

Now, even though we don't have plans t go anytime soon, I was wondering if any of you knew if there would be some implications at the POE should we decide to go?

I would really appreciate your answers and thank you in advance...

Ana

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You want to go back as a tourist?

I would not think there are any issues.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Definately as a tourist...

First time when I went as a student they gave me a hard time, took me about 45 minutes to get passed the officer, as she was grilling me with questions...

Just don't want to be repeated...

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Definately as a tourist...

First time when I went as a student they gave me a hard time, took me about 45 minutes to get passed the officer, as she was grilling me with questions...

Just don't want to be repeated...

I went back to the UK as a tourist four days after my Limited Leave to Remain expired to visit my husband over Christmas. I had no problems at the UK POE; in fact, the official was quite sympathetic once he found out my husband was in US immigration limbo. :-) I was staying in the UK for three weeks and was only asked a couple of questions regarding my LLR and why I'd let it expire.

Perhaps it was in my favor that I had done things the "correct" way in the past by obtaining a fiance visa and LLR, and the immigration official took that as a sign that I wouldn't try to stay in the country illegally. Who knows? :)

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Filed: Timeline
Well, that makes me feel a bit better!!!

Thanks for letting me know!! :D

I wouldn't worry. I plan to allow my indefinite leave to remain visa lapse and I don't anticipate any problems whatsoever visiting the UK. All your visa says is "I used to live here and now I don't." Relax. :thumbs:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Yep, another vote for not worrying. If you worked in the UK, I would fill out the P85 - it's a form that says you've left the UK and you could get some tax back. Plus if you're really paranoid you could carry a copy of it with you when you went to visit the UK.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Oops! Double posted.

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.