bluesky2830

NVC Notice of Approval

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ubahsi said:

After my fiance received packet 3 from the embassy I scheduled the interview on my fiance'a behalf via http://www.ustraveldocs.com/

what is packet 3 and how does he receive it

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ashley &jonah said:

what is packet 3 and how does he receive it

Packet 3 is an instruction packet pertaining to next steps, i.e, visa submission & payment, medicals, police certificate, etc.. my fiance received it in the mail. 

11/17/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition sent 

11/18/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition received at TX Lock box. / Fee accepted. 

11/22/2016 - NOA1 Received
02/16/2017 - NOA2 Approved 

02/18/2017 - NOA2 Letter received

03/08/2017 - NVC Received I-129f

03/09/2017 - NVC Approved 

03/10/2017 - NVC tracking number and sent to embassy

03/13/2017 - Embassy received I-129f package

04/06/2017 - Embassy Package 3 received

04/25/2017 - Medical

05/16/2017 - Interview

05/16/2017-  Approved!!! 

08/19/2017 - Arrival to JFK!

10/11/2017-  Married

11/11/2017- AOS Mailed 

11/17/2017- AOS Accepted

02/02/2018 - EAD Approved  

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ubahsi said:

Packet 3 is an instruction packet pertaining to next steps, i.e, visa submission & payment, medicals, police certificate, etc.. my fiance received it in the mail. 

OH OK,do u know how long it took to get packet 3 after nvc forwarded the approved application to the consulate.Sorry  i am asking too many questions.I am very nervous 

Timeline

It took approximately 2 weeks after our case arrived to the embassy.  

11/17/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition sent 

11/18/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition received at TX Lock box. / Fee accepted. 

11/22/2016 - NOA1 Received
02/16/2017 - NOA2 Approved 

02/18/2017 - NOA2 Letter received

03/08/2017 - NVC Received I-129f

03/09/2017 - NVC Approved 

03/10/2017 - NVC tracking number and sent to embassy

03/13/2017 - Embassy received I-129f package

04/06/2017 - Embassy Package 3 received

04/25/2017 - Medical

05/16/2017 - Interview

05/16/2017-  Approved!!! 

08/19/2017 - Arrival to JFK!

10/11/2017-  Married

11/11/2017- AOS Mailed 

11/17/2017- AOS Accepted

02/02/2018 - EAD Approved  

Timeline
44 minutes ago, ashley &jonah said:

OH OK,do u know how long it took to get packet 3 after nvc forwarded the approved application to the consulate.Sorry  i am asking too many questions.I am very nervous 

We never got anything from the Ghana Embassy and a lot of others didn't either. We followed a lot of advice I got on this site and went ahead and scheduled our interview online and did everything else too. We were approved and had no issues. You have to pay the visa fee at GT Bank before you can schedule an interview. Pay the fee, fill out ds160 online, schedule interview online. You want to make sure you have your medical and police report first before you schedule the interview because it can take up to 4 weeks to get your medical back. Unless, there are appointments available a month or more out. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Goodluck!

Edited by jmhargreaves

Timeline
4 hours ago, jmhargreaves said:

We never got anything from the Ghana Embassy and a lot of others didn't either. We followed a lot of advice I got on this site and went ahead and scheduled our interview online and did everything else too. We were approved and had no issues. You have to pay the visa fee at GT Bank before you can schedule an interview. Pay the fee, fill out ds160 online, schedule interview online. You want to make sure you have your medical and police report first before you schedule the interview because it can take up to 4 weeks to get your medical back. Unless, there are appointments available a month or more out. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Goodluck!

Thanks for this piece.This is all the information i needed.We have been thinking the embassy would rather schedule him for the interview,not knowing its the other way round.The 265 dollar visa fees has been paid at Gt bank..My fiancee tried to go get the medicals  done and they said they need an appointment letter from the embassy before they could proceed.At this point i am very confused.I thought this was gonna be less stressfull

Timeline
3 hours ago, ashley &jonah said:

Thanks for this piece.This is all the information i needed.We have been thinking the embassy would rather schedule him for the interview,not knowing its the other way round.The 265 dollar visa fees has been paid at Gt bank..My fiancee tried to go get the medicals  done and they said they need an appointment letter from the embassy before they could proceed.At this point i am very confused.I thought this was gonna be less stressfull

Nothing about this process is non-stressful. I know your struggles! You are correct you have to schedule your appointment first before you can get your medicals done. I forgot that! Sorry!! Just schedule your interview out a few weeks to allow time for the medicals to come back. Ours took 2.5 weeks. Make sure though you fill out DS160 first and then schedule the interview. You can print out the confirmations to take to get medical done.

Timeline
3 hours ago, jmhargreaves said:

Nothing about this process is non-stressful. I know your struggles! You are correct you have to schedule your appointment first before you can get your medicals done. I forgot that! Sorry!! Just schedule your interview out a few weeks to allow time for the medicals to come back. Ours took 2.5 weeks. Make sure though you fill out DS160 first and then schedule the interview. You can print out the confirmations to take to get medical done.

thanks a lot.iI wish i had met u earlier.You have been so much of help to me.I really appreciate it.I will keep in touch

I'm waiting for my letter from the NVC as well. On my instructions,  it says that my fiance has to bring the letter I will be getting from the NVC. If she doesn't bring it to do her medical exams, there could be a delay. Says that the letter has two barcodes. Is this true? Can someone upload a picture of one??

Timeline
On 7/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, Vipucf20 said:

This is very confusing. Do I really need the letter from the NVC?? The US embassy has already gotten my case and I have not gotten a letter from the NVC. Do I really need this letter so that my fiancee can do her medical exams??

I never needed my letter from the NVC for anything. She just needs the proof of appointment made for interview at the embassy for her medical. But this was for the embassy in Ghana. It may be different if in another country. 

Edited by jmhargreaves

Timeline
On 7/17/2017 at 5:08 PM, ashley &jonah said:

thanks a lot.iI wish i had met u earlier.You have been so much of help to me.I really appreciate it.I will keep in touch

Youre so welcome!! :)

2 hours ago, jmhargreaves said:

I never needed my letter from the NVC for anything. She just needs the proof of appointment made for interview at the embassy for her medical. But this was for the embassy in Ghana. It may be different if in another country. 

Thank you. Seems that way in Laos too after talking to other people that has done it in Laos as well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 7/16/2017 at 10:24 PM, KULtoATL said:

We first got our NVC case number by calling NVC 600 number. After that we got a hardcopy letter stating the following:

NVC case number

USCIS receipt number (WAC number)

Principal applicant (beneficiary's name)

Petitioner

Interview location (embassy/consulate address)

Our NVC number obtaining date is one month after yours!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.