jefraylee

DNA Experience from Ghana embasy

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

DNA GENERAL DISCUSSION SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA- Especially Ghanaian on this platform share your experiences regarding DNA.

What happens after the DNA arrives at the embassy being a match.

My DNA result got to the embassy on the 29 May 2017 till date i haven't heard from the embassy.

Please share your experience fellow Ghanaian who went through or are going through.

Timeline

Have you done the DNA already? I am referring to the one through the embassy?

My experience is from my dad. After he had done his DNA testing here in the US and the embassy had received it, they notified him and us to come and pick up the DNA testing packet to go for the DNA testing. We did it at Roman Ridge in Accra. it took about 4 to 6 months to hear anything from the embassy. They called us back for an interview and asked 2 or 3 questions and we were approved.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
14 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

My experience is from my dad. After he had done his DNA testing here in the US and the embassy had received it, they notified him and us to come and pick up the DNA testing packet to go for the DNA testing. We did it at Roman Ridge in Accra. it took about 4 to 6 months to hear anything from the embassy. They called us back for an interview and asked 2 or 3 questions and we were approved.

Yes IcezMan_IcezLady i went for my DNA swab on 18th May 2017 and on the 29th May 2017 the DNA result was delivered to the embassy being a match, 9.9999997% simply means am the biological father. My first interview was far back October 2014 but the embassy sent our case back to USCIS for review and it was reaffirmed again in July 2016. I feel am the only one the embassy is treating unfairly because when you follow our case there is nothing unusual about it. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, jefraylee said:

Yes IcezMan_IcezLady i went for my DNA swab on 18th May 2017 and on the 29th May 2017 the DNA result was delivered to the embassy being a match, 9.9999997% simply means am the biological father. My first interview was far back October 2014 but the embassy sent our case back to USCIS for review and it was reaffirmed again in July 2016. I feel am the only one the embassy is treating unfairly because when you follow our case there is nothing unusual about it. 

Actually your case has some unusual circumstance per the review on your profile but that's not the issue now.

Just be patient and keep emailing the embassy.. If i were you, since you said that your case was returned because the embassy lied that you didn't show up for the DNA in 2014. 

Create and email template and resend everyday until you here from them. 

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
36 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Actually your case has some unusual circumstance per the review on your profile but that's not the issue now.

Just be patient and keep emailing the embassy.. If i were you, since you said that your case was returned because the embassy lied that you didn't show up for the DNA in 2014. 

Create and email template and resend everyday until you here from them. 

Okay i will do that and thanks for taking your time to share your experience ... appreciate it 

Timeline
On 7/11/2017 at 1:40 PM, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Hi IcezMan_IcezLady

Since the DNA got tot the embassy, here are the Updates on our case on ceac websites  updated 23rd May 2017, updated 12th June 2017, updated 13th June 2017, updated 14th June 2017, updated 22nd June 2017, updated 27th June, updated 6th July 2017, updated 12th July 2017..I hope this is a good news for our case... I pray this drama ends soon because am missing my wife and my son dearly...

Timeline
16 hours ago, jefraylee said:

Hi IcezMan_IcezLady

Since the DNA got tot the embassy, here are the Updates on our case on ceac websites  updated 23rd May 2017, updated 12th June 2017, updated 13th June 2017, updated 14th June 2017, updated 22nd June 2017, updated 27th June, updated 6th July 2017, updated 12th July 2017..I hope this is a good news for our case... I pray this drama ends soon because am missing my wife and my son dearly...

yes... you should hear from them soon. It is good that your case is not just sitting there.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

yes... you should hear from them soon. It is good that your case is not just sitting there.

I hope so my brother ..i really miss my wife and my son ...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jefraylee said:

I hope so my brother ..i really miss my wife and my son ...

I know how you feel..I am the wife. I miss my husband so much.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline
Just now, jefraylee said:

Are you still going through the process or done ? 

We are waiting for the NOIR.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline
5 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

We are waiting for the NOIR.

wow am so sorry to hear that...This process is a big lesson for people who are not patient in life. Start gathering evidence for rebuttal and God will see you and your husband through....

Timeline
2 hours ago, jefraylee said:

wow am so sorry to hear that...This process is a big lesson for people who are not patient in life. Start gathering evidence for rebuttal and God will see you and your husband through....

Thank you!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.