flaps

Traveling on EAD card/advance parole

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I'm currently waiting on my AOS. EAD card arrived last month, just before we went to California on honeymoon so really just starting to look for work now.

I have 2 weddings in the U.K. on two successive Saturdays, as well as a new-born niece, so we are looking at visiting for a week and a half for that. Obviously we want to go and visit but I'm (probably stupidly) paranoid about leaving the country still. I had to receive a waiver to get my K-1 in the first place and it feels like every step took longer than it should have. Now I'm here, finally able to work and supposedly travel freely, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's used their EAD card to re-enter the country recently, especially if you arrived at either JFK, Newark or Philly.

Thanks in advance...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Your EAD card does not get you back in. You must have applied for and received Advance parole. Look over your card and see if Advanced Parole is noted. If so, it is your AP card as well and will get you back in.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/07/2017 at 3:27 PM, Wuozopo said:

Your EAD card does not get you back in. You must have applied for and received Advance parole. Look over your card and see if Advanced Parole is noted. If so, it is your AP card as well and will get you back in.

It is noted on my EAD card that it also acts as my advance parole.

As far as I can see it should be fine to travel but with all the immigration stuff in the news I am a little nervous and looking for stories/experiences from anyone who has used this recently. Most likely Philly or Newark.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, flaps said:

It is noted on my EAD card that it also acts as my advance parole.

As far as I can see it should be fine to travel but with all the immigration stuff in the news I am a little nervous and looking for stories/experiences from anyone who has used this recently. Most likely Philly or Newark.

Thanks

There's a thread on here (possibly a page or two back) written by someone who has travelled twice, recently, with no problems whatsoever (once to the Uk). The individual is also in the process of AOS and has an overstay of almost 3 years, so you should be absolutely fine.

The post suggests reading into the Case of Arrabally so as to put your mind at ease.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.