Ngyeu78

Marriage registration not in HCMC

4 posts in this topic

I am getting some contradictory information. Therefore I would like to hear your experiences of the process of marriage certification for those that didn't have it done in HCMC.

1. I spoke to VN Embassy in Wash DC that all of my papers must go thru them for  legalization and translation and sent back and cost $300.

2. My fiance spoke to the So tu phat in her province of birth as well as people who are paid to do paperwork in HCMC, that I basically jut need to bring my certification of single status with me and everything else can be done in her province for that office tu phat.

Which is true? Thanks for your input.

Current Timeline:

08/26/2020 - Mailed via USPS the form i-751 to Az address

08/28/2020 - Delivered to USCIS

09/02/2020 - Photo Album was rejected and returned.

09/12/2020 - CC payment taken.

09/13/2020 - Received text msg with the Receipt #

09/25/2020 - Received i-751 NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I done it before, so i will shared what i know so far:

-If you're US ciitizens then don't even bother about single status packet from the Vietnam Embassy. Just visited US Embassy at Saigon then request the single status from the CO( it cost 50$).

-If you're not US citizens, you need to have to single status packet from VN Embassy.

3 hours ago, Ngyeu78 said:

I am getting some contradictory information. Therefore I would like to hear your experiences of the process of marriage certification for those that didn't have it done in HCMC.

1. I spoke to VN Embassy in Wash DC that all of my papers must go thru them for  legalization and translation and sent back and cost $300.

2. My fiance spoke to the So tu phat in her province of birth as well as people who are paid to do paperwork in HCMC, that I basically jut need to bring my certification of single status with me and everything else can be done in her province for that office tu phat.

Which is true? Thanks for your input.

52 minutes ago, H&T said:

-If you're US ciitizens then don't even bother about single status packet from the Vietnam Embassy. Just visited US Embassy at Saigon then request the single status from the CO( it cost 50$).

-If you're not US citizens, you need to have to single status packet from VN Embassy.

That is correct for your single status, you can make an appointment with the US Embassy and they will notarize it at a cost of $50.   All of the documents your fiance needs can be translated in Vietnam.

She will need a police report.  Police reports are good for six months.  Be aware that it takes several weeks to get them. 

7 hours ago, H&T said:

http://vietnamembassy-usa.org/consular/legalization-document-marriage-registration

in other words, the info on this website is gimmick to make $300? It is looking that way.

Current Timeline:

08/26/2020 - Mailed via USPS the form i-751 to Az address

08/28/2020 - Delivered to USCIS

09/02/2020 - Photo Album was rejected and returned.

09/12/2020 - CC payment taken.

09/13/2020 - Received text msg with the Receipt #

09/25/2020 - Received i-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.