Jessiperaprap

Juarez interview

40 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, CVWare said:

Before the waiver expansion on August 29, 2016, the person asking for a waiver to avoid a 3, 10 or lifetime band, would have to go back to their country.  Now, you can petition and have the waiver approved while waiting in the US. For the Consular appointment, you have to go in person.  There are many forums with tips on how to be prepared.  I recommend reading them. 

Many people find this video to be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiLeP5Vcdr0

It can be anywhere from 10-30 days. Changes of being denied are hard to say.  If he has tattoos is can make it harder.  Bring lots of pictures, and family photos of events.  This helps a little and be sure he has his dates memorized.  Especially the date of entry.  Most likely does not remember since he was very small, however you had to have put dates on your forms.  Be sure that he has them memorized because they may ask him and check that the dates match.  Taking his shot records really helps, they want to give you any shot that they can and it can become costly.  I recommend getting passports for your and your family in case it is longer,  I understand this is scary with small children.  Because of his status, he will have to wait there until it is approved.  My husband's situation is much like yours.  He was brought over at the age of 8, he has DACA.  Once you cross to Mexico, DACA is useless.  My husband had his interview on June 19th.  They wanted my original birth certificate.  A mess to get in Austin because my hospital was not listed.  It took several days to process.  One June 28th they only updated that it is being processed.  It still has not been approved, we are just waiting for approval. 

Did they approve you at your appointment and your just waiting on it be processed?  Do you mind giving me a little more info. Did they interview both, why did they require your birth certificate if it's not on the interview check list ?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Jessiperaprap said:

Did they approve you at your appointment and your just waiting on it be processed?  Do you mind giving me a little more info. Did they interview both, why did they require your birth certificate if it's not on the interview check list ?  

Yes, I am very upset because they did not say they needed it.  They did not say we needed it.  My lawyer said every now and then they want something odd but that they should not have asked for my original birth certificate.  They did not approve it, only said it would be approved after turning in my original birth certificate.  They told him they would have approved it that day, if my birth certificate had been listed my hospital.  They said they wanted to see the original birth certificate to prove that I am a US Citizen and to process it with the hospital.  They had the copy of it, and kept insisting with my husband that they needed the original.  Just my bad luck I guess.  The lady who interviewed him was really nice, and double checked, but still said he needed it.  She even told him it would have been approved if it was not for that one thing they were now requesting.  I was not present at the interview when he interviewed on June 19th, only he was interviewed.

Now they are saying it is just waiting to be reviewed and processed.  Case was updated on June 28th, but it still says Refused when I check the status.  When my lawyer or I call, they say that it is being processed.  It has been upsetting and hard because he has been Juarez since June 14th. 

2 hours ago, CVWare said:

Yes, I am very upset because they did not say they needed it.  They did not say we needed it.  My lawyer said every now and then they want something odd but that they should not have asked for my original birth certificate.  They did not approve it, only said it would be approved after turning in my original birth certificate.  They told him they would have approved it that day, if my birth certificate had been listed my hospital.  They said they wanted to see the original birth certificate to prove that I am a US Citizen and to process it with the hospital.  They had the copy of it, and kept insisting with my husband that they needed the original.  Just my bad luck I guess.  The lady who interviewed him was really nice, and double checked, but still said he needed it.  She even told him it would have been approved if it was not for that one thing they were now requesting.  I was not present at the interview when he interviewed on June 19th, only he was interviewed.

Now they are saying it is just waiting to be reviewed and processed.  Case was updated on June 28th, but it still says Refused when I check the status.  When my lawyer or I call, they say that it is being processed.  It has been upsetting and hard because he has been Juarez since June 14th. 

This is exactly what terrifies me that something like this might happen. Does he have relatives in juarez is it expensive out there , are you there with him? I'm sorry for all the questions I'm just really trying to be prepared in case something similar happens. 

On 7/5/2017 at 4:47 PM, Jessiperaprap said:

Sorry to interfere but as far as I know the petitioner(usually spouse if doing it by marriage) needs to have orginial and copy of Birth Certificate/Passport. Your husband needs to present this at his interview. I have a lawyer for my husband case and its something we sent from the beginning and its listed on his p4 letter as well.

35 minutes ago, SCanchola said:

Sorry to interfere but as far as I know the petitioner(usually spouse if doing it by marriage) needs to have orginial and copy of Birth Certificate/Passport. Your husband needs to present this at his interview. I have a lawyer for my husband case and its something we sent from the beginning and its listed on his p4 letter as well.

Yea it's something that we sent in from the beginning what I was referring to was that the checklist says you need something stating the petitioner is a us citizen (like a passport) it never asked for a certificate but now that I know I'll be taking originals and copies of EVERYTHING we've sent in . 

2 minutes ago, Jessiperaprap said:

Yea it's something that we sent in from the beginning what I was referring to was that the checklist says you need something stating the petitioner is a us citizen (like a passport) it never asked for a certificate but now that I know I'll be taking originals and copies of EVERYTHING we've sent in . 

Yes please do its a long process and I dont want your husband to get denied for a missing paper. My lawyer pretty much told us to take the same things we sent in before. Like even if yall have kids together like me and my husband, I put orginial bc and copy of theirs bc its a proof of your relationship. Anything you think he might need or they might ask just take it make copies.

I organized a binder for my husband and putting the most important stuff I know they will ask for up towards the front and then all extra stuff proving our marriage like bills and pics towards the back.

I say its better to be over prepared and not need it than to get there and need something you didnt bring.

Wish you guys the best and Im sure he will do fine. My husband interview towards end of Aug. But im getting ready now just to have everything in order.

Timeline

Yes! I did not mean to scare anyone, just wanted someone to know our situation for preparation.  

We were told by our lawyer as well, that we did not need my original birth certificate and they even said it would be unsafe to take it.  I do not want this to happen to anyone else.  

My husband was very fortunate to have a friend of a friend allow him to stay with them for the past 3 weeks.  He feels he has overwelcomed his stay and will go to a hotel by this weekend.  A hotel we are looking at, with good reviews and a cheaper option is the Conquistador Inn.  

It has been hard on me and our children because we are not with him.  Today I was told it can take up to 10 days to process after submitting the document they requested, which they took 3 days to process as being received.   

I would rather you take anything you can, even if they have it already. It was literally the only thing I didn't put in my husband's binder out of fear from what my attorney said. 

I want to add, this may be a special circumstance because my birth certificate did not list my hospital.  My dad was in the military when I was born and in Texas somehow this affects the hospital being listed. 

See the attachment below, this is what he received at his interview June 19th, requesting my original birth cerficate...

IMG_7965.PNG

Edited by CVWare

4 minutes ago, CVWare said:

Yes! I did not mean to scare anyone, just wanted someone to know our situation for preparation.  

We were told about by our lawyer as well that we did not need my original birth certificate and even said it would be unsafe to take it.  I do not want this to happen to anyone else.  My husband was very fortunate to have a friend of a friend allow him to stay with them for the past 3 weeks.  He feels he has overwelcomed his stay and will go to a hotel by this weekend.  A hotel we are looking at, with good reviews and a cheaper option is Conquistador Inn.  

It has been hard on me and our children because we are not with him.  Today I was told it can take up to 10 days to process after submitting the document they requested, which they took 3 days to process as being received.   

I would rather you take anything you can, even if they have it already. It was literally the only thing I didn't put in my husband's binder out of fear from what my attorney said. 

See the attachment below, this is what he received at his interview June 19th, requesting my original birth cerficate...

IMG_7965.PNG

OMG!!!! Why would your lawyer tell you that??? Ugh I would of gave him hell and told him to pay me back lol. But for real so sorry you and your family are going thru this situation that could of been avoided if your lawyer would of gave you correct information. 

I've researched online and asked my lawyer everything and she gave me a checklist, and lasr week we went over thing my husband needs to take. I told my husband its better to have everything possible that way you dnt get a denial over a stupid paper.

Let me know how the Conquistador Inn is because I made reservations there for my husband and I. My kids are 3 and 1 and 1/2 so Im not taking them. 

Really hope you get this all straight really soon so your husband can finally come home.

Timeline

The more you worry is worst.. everything is gonna be fine if you have all the paper work already in order just pray and have faith..my wife has her interview august 4 we do have children as well but we have faith in god everything will be fine 

8 hours ago, Franciscoruizt said:

The more you worry is worst.. everything is gonna be fine if you have all the paper work already in order just pray and have faith..my wife has her interview august 4 we do have children as well but we have faith in god everything will be fine 

Thank you it's just hard when it's no longer in your hands I'm a control freak so that makes it difficult for me.  Best wishes to you guys and good luck 

21 hours ago, CVWare said:

We were told by our lawyer as well, that we did not need my original birth certificate and they even said it would be unsafe to take it.  I do not want this to happen to anyone else.  

My husband was very fortunate to have a friend of a friend allow him to stay with them for the past 3 weeks.  He feels he has overwelcomed his stay and will go to a hotel by this weekend.  A hotel we are looking at, with good reviews and a cheaper option is the Conquistador Inn.  

I want to add, this may be a special circumstance because my birth certificate did not list my hospital.  My dad was in the military when I was born and in Texas somehow this affects the hospital being listed. 

IMG_7965.PNG

That must be a nightmare, praying for his safe and return back to the US. Keep me updated please .  Did you go with him to his initial interview? 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Jessiperaprap said:

That must be a nightmare, praying for his safe and return back to the US. Keep me updated please .  Did you go with him to his initial interview? 

Did you look over your p4 letter? Because in there actually says to take original civil documents if not the interview is gonna be rescheduled I mean it's good having a lawyer but you cannot rely on them for everything I'm sorry that this happened to u

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Jessiperaprap said:

If it possible can you provide a list of items that they ask from him I would really appreciate it.. we think we got everything I just wanna compare to see i have everything..

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jessiperaprap said:

Thank you it's just hard when it's no longer in your hands I'm a control freak so that makes it difficult for me.  Best wishes to you guys and good luck 

I'm still thinking about the Affidavit of support it's killing me that I don't have a copy.. I know I have my taxes from 3 previous years as well as w2s? Do you think that's enough our lawyer says that he didn't give us a copy because we do not need one..

1 minute ago, Franciscoruizt said:

I'm still thinking about the Affidavit of support it's killing me that I don't have a copy.. I know I have my taxes from 3 previous years as well as w2s? Do you think that's enough our lawyer says that he didn't give us a copy because we do not need one..

Why don't you Download it and fill it out yourself you still have time. There's instructions on how to on the website. That's the only thing I could think of or ask your lawyer if there is anyway they can refill it out for you since the consular is asking for it 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.