XavierFR

Question for the medical exam

22 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi,

I reserved an appointment for the medical exam in Paris (28th June), they sent me an email, however they ask me to bring the "convocation letter", what is this ?

I mean, yesterday my fiancée got in her emails a letter for me (lol) from the french embassy (giving links to prepare the interview and the case number), is it this letter ?

Thank you

Edited by XavierFR

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my medical in Montreal and the first thing they asked for was the email that confirmed the scheduled date of my interview appointment - I printed it, it also had the confirmation of my payment. I would guess it's the same thing? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, rj1990 said:

I had my medical in Montreal and the first thing they asked for was the email that confirmed the scheduled date of my interview appointment - I printed it, it also had the confirmation of my payment. I would guess it's the same thing? 

Ok nice! However I didn't have to pay yet for the interview registration ? It will be the day of the interview

Maybe I didn't have to pay because I cannot select a day for now?

Edited by XavierFR

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, I had to pay for my interview when I confirmed it on the website and then I was a sent a confirmation email with proof of payment. If you don't pay until the day of I'd just say print the confirmation email? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
10 hours ago, XavierFR said:

Hi,

I reserved an appointment for the medical exam in Paris (28th June), they sent me an email, however they ask me to bring the "convocation letter", what is this ?

I mean, yesterday my fiancée got in her emails a letter for me (lol) from the french embassy (giving links to prepare the interview and the case number), is it this letter ?

Thank you

It is the letter that says that you have to do to the medical appointment . It has a document that the doctor will fill out for you .

does the email have an attached document ( PDF ? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, hopephilly said:

It is the letter that says that you have to do to the medical appointment . It has a document that the doctor will fill out for you .

The letter from the Embassy is an "AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED MESSAGE" containing only a text : 

" [...] We are pleased to inform you that we have received an approved petition in support of your immigrant visa application. 

To prepare for your interview, please visit our website at https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ See the section “How to Apply,” where you will find detailed, step-by-step instructions.  Failure to carefully follow these instructions could result in delays in the processing of your application. [...]"

I don't have a pdf file attached, I only got a PDF about the vaccinations and some explanations that the Dr sent me after the reservation.

I am getting so worried right now :( 

On https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ I have this 

screenshot.JPG

When I try to schedule an appointment, I can't because each day is like grey even in 2 years :( 

Maybe I have to wait the document delivery first ?

Edited by XavierFR

Timeline
6 hours ago, hopephilly said:

Oh God... I think the issue is that I forgot to fill the DS-160, gonna do it today

Edited by XavierFR

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi @XavierFR,

Yes, you have to fill the DS-160 before, but the reason why all the days are in grey for now is just because the embassy don't have days for appointment yet. My interview is going to take place in Paris too, and I can't pay the fee or register an appointment until they open new "interview days". 

It's a week now that I am waiting for taking an appointment, I hope I will be able to do it this week !

That's what it says for me when I try to pay the fees and to schedule :

IMG_5505.PNG

Edited by Dysphobiah

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dysphobiah said:

Hi @XavierFR,

Yes, you have to fill the DS-160 before, but the reason why all the days are in grey for now is just because the embassy don't have days for appointment yet. My interview is going to take place in Paris too, and I can't pay the fee or register an appointment until they open new "interview days". 

It's a week now that I am waiting for taking an appointment, I hope I will be able to do it this week !

Ah ok thanks ! The girl at the medical center told me it's by sessions and it should be the 5th July.

For the DS-160, is it my french informations I have to fill ? (Want to be sure)

And does it take time for the US to approve this document ?

Timeline

For the DS-160, you have to put the informations of the beneficiary, so if you are the French fiancé, yes it's your informations that you have to fill !

The DS-160 is an online form, you will find it on the CEAC website. It's a little bit long to fill it but you can save the form online and to continue later if you want. And since it's an online form, it doesn't need to be approved by the U.S of the embassy.

When you will be done with it, you will be able to choose to print the confirmation page or to ask to receive it by email. Keep this confirmation page because you are going to need it for the interview :)

Timeline
5 hours ago, XavierFR said:

The letter from the Embassy is an "AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED MESSAGE" containing only a text : 

" [...] We are pleased to inform you that we have received an approved petition in support of your immigrant visa application. 

To prepare for your interview, please visit our website at https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ See the section “How to Apply,” where you will find detailed, step-by-step instructions.  Failure to carefully follow these instructions could result in delays in the processing of your application. [...]"

I don't have a pdf file attached, I only got a PDF about the vaccinations and some explanations that the Dr sent me after the reservation.

screenshot.JPG

When I try to schedule an appointment, I can't because each day is like grey even in 2 years :( 

Do not panic ! You are almost there !

just check every thing again and click on any link you see .

i remember that I had to check like 10 times :) then I decided to not get nervous and follow the process .you do have to pay before you go for the interview , if you do not, that's not an issue because you can do that once you are at the embassy .

bonne chance !

Timeline
5 hours ago, XavierFR said:

screenshot.JPG

I remember that I did not schedule  the  appointment with the embassy, I've got it by email and letter .

Timeline
2 hours ago, hopephilly said:

Do not panic ! You are almost there !

just check every thing again and click on any link you see .

i remember that I had to check like 10 times :) then I decided to not get nervous and follow the process .you do have to pay before you go for the interview , if you do not, that's not an issue because you can do that once you are at the embassy .

bonne chance !

Ahah thanks ! Just finished the DS-160 this afternoon (totally forgot to do it!) 

On the website I don't find a link to pay the fees ? 

Merci ;) 

Timeline

What did you choose when you registered on the website and it gave you different options (like "I received a letter from the embassy / I need to schedule an appointment....") ?

One of these options is about the K1, it's this one that you have to choose. I think it's something like "I applied for a K1 visa, I submitted the application of readiness and I need to schedule an interview" 

Timeline
11 hours ago, XavierFR said:

Ahah thanks ! Just finished the DS-160 this afternoon (totally forgot to do it!) 

On the website I don't find a link to pay the fees ? 

Merci ;) 

Do not worry about it ! You are good to go for interview .

let me know please when you get the letter or email for the interview .

mine, I had it by email , they sent me the date and the list of the documents I had to bring with me ( like the medical ones ) .

I guess you will have the same thing as well 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.