JackieandAustin

Steps after NVC notification and US Consulate in Germany

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everybody I really would appreciate some helps as I am slowly getting really worried about not knowing what to do next.

i received my noa2 on May 11th, and an emaion June 5th from the NVC saying how our case is on he way to the consulate in Frankfurt and how the consulate itself accepted our request for expediting our case. I then filled out the DS160 and mistakenly tried paying the fee to schedule the interview but they are still reviewing it. I did print out my conformation for completing the ds160 but when I check our case id and voice id it says the ds160 is required and when I check the case id only, it says ready. I tried calling the embassy and sent an email then but they just said they will contact me as soon as I am ready to schedule an interview. My question now is for Frankfurt in Germany wether I have to wait for packet three before sending in the documents with the checklist being signed or can I do it on my own and how long the time period between the consulate receiving the case and mailing packet 3 takes? What fei have to pay when and maybe a detailed step by step guide?

thanks to everybody for helping me as I can't find anything on the expedition and then nothing is happening ! :)

Edited by JackieandAustin

First met on March 28th, 2015 <3

Boyfriend and Girlfriend on May 11th, 2015 <3

Engaged November 11th, 2016 when A. surprised me in Germany to propose <3

NOA1..........................................January 20th

NOA2..........................................May 5th (Hard copy on May 11th)

Consulate Rec............................May 17th

Forwarded to Consulate.............June 5th (Expedition approval via Email)

Packet 3 from Consulate FRN....June 22nd

Medical Examination...................June 26th

Mailed Packet 3 to Consulate.....June 26th

Received Packet 4......................July 7th

Interview......................................July 10th -> APPROVED! 

Received VISA in the Mail...........

Timeline

Wait until you receive packet 3. There will also be a form attached for you to fill in (where you lived in the past 5 years).  Receiving this took about 1 or 2 weeks for me i think. You can check out the immigration timelines of other German couples.

For the payment you need the DS-160 confirmation number. Afterwards you can go to the German traveldocs website and just follow through the instructions given there :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Foxrup said:

Wait until you receive packet 3. There will also be a form attached for you to fill in (where you lived in the past 5 years).  Receiving this took about 1 or 2 weeks for me i think. You can check out the immigration timelines of other German couples.

For the payment you need the DS-160 confirmation number. Afterwards you can go to the German traveldocs website and just follow through the instructions given there :)

Thank you! 

What I just dont get is why it takes them so long even though we have been "expedited" offically. I just dont get why the NVC sends me the email informing me about this and now nothing has happened since and its almost been two weeks. I am glad to hear that we are still good in time though - and I have been looking at other timelines like crazy. It just seems as if it went quicker for everybody else. :/ 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JackieandAustin said:

Thank you! 

What I just dont get is why it takes them so long even though we have been "expedited" offically. I just dont get why the NVC sends me the email informing me about this and now nothing has happened since and its almost been two weeks. I am glad to hear that we are still good in time though - and I have been looking at other timelines like crazy. It just seems as if it went quicker for everybody else. :/ 

I sadly have no experience with expedited case. But I sure wish I did! Maybe once Frankfurt has actually looked at your petition things will go even faster than normal. Do you already have your paperwork and medical ready? Maybe they work on your case really fast after you send them packet 3 back. That took quite a few days for me

Timeline
On 14.6.2017 at 5:39 PM, Foxrup said:

I sadly have no experience with expedited case. But I sure wish I did! Maybe once Frankfurt has actually looked at your petition things will go even faster than normal. Do you already have your paperwork and medical ready? Maybe they work on your case really fast after you send them packet 3 back. That took quite a few days for me

We requested an expedition when we were waiting for our NOA2 and then received an email saying this: The U.S. Embassy in FRANKFURT, GER approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your petition to this U.S. Embassy for their action. The Embassy will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview. We did not know that our request would be passed along to the Consulate but apparently it did happen. So far, nothing has happened quickly for us :D 

I still haven't received packet 3 and am slowly getting a little nervous because other timelines say it goes quicker for them. I am waiting for one last document my fiance is mailing me and that should arrive Monday or Tuesday - then I am good. My medial is in 9 days so thats taken care off as well.

Its just that I have seen responses and packet 3 being sent out so quickly and now nothing happens.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, JackieandAustin said:

We requested an expedition when we were waiting for our NOA2 and then received an email saying this: The U.S. Embassy in FRANKFURT, GER approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your petition to this U.S. Embassy for their action. The Embassy will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview. We did not know that our request would be passed along to the Consulate but apparently it did happen. So far, nothing has happened quickly for us :D 

I still haven't received packet 3 and am slowly getting a little nervous because other timelines say it goes quicker for them. I am waiting for one last document my fiance is mailing me and that should arrive Monday or Tuesday - then I am good. My medial is in 9 days so thats taken care off as well.

Its just that I have seen responses and packet 3 being sent out so quickly and now nothing happens.

Hi! I'm from Germany too and my case was 'expedited' on the same day as yours. It sounds confusing that they say 'the embassy approved your request for expedite processing', i know. But I think it really means that the NVC is now going to work on your case immediately, assign a number and then forward it to the consulate in frankfurt, which they did. Not that our cases are being handled much differently than others at the consulate. Now you have to wait like everyone else. I got my packet on Friday! You will be getting yours really soon I'm sure! Remember there was a national holiday on thursday and i dont think they work saturdays/sundays either... You can kind of tell when they are done working on your case at the consulate by checking at the ceac website; in my case the 'last updated' date changed twice, then a couple of days nothing and suddenly it was in the mailbox!

good luck!

Edited by Special_K

AOS 2017/2018

Package sent....... Aug 22

USCIS received....Aug 25

Text + email..........Sep 06

Notice date...........Sep 05

NOA in mail..........Sep 08

Biometrics letter....Sep 13

Biometrics.............Sep 26

RFE.........................Oct 18

response sent........Dec 29

RFE received..........Jan 05

Ready to schedule 

interview................Jan 18

interview................Feb 28 > approved

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Special_K said:

Hi! I'm from Germany too and my case was 'expedited' on the same day as yours. It sounds confusing that they say 'the embassy approved your request for expedite processing', i know. But I think it really means that the NVC is now going to work on your case immediately, assign a number and then forward it to the consulate in frankfurt, which they did. Not that our cases are being handled much differently than others at the consulate. Now you have to wait like everyone else. I got my packet on Friday! You will be getting yours really soon I'm sure! Remember there was a national holiday on thursday and i dont think they work saturdays/sundays either... You can kind of tell when they are done working on your case at the consulate by checking at the ceac website; in my case the 'last updated' date changed twice, then a couple of days nothing and suddenly it was in the mailbox!

good luck!

Oh my God! Vielen Dank!

I was freaking out sooo badly but you just literally made my day! It changed my date on the 16th so I should get the third packet this week and I was sure it took them so time because of the holidays :D Now I can go back to sleep again :) Apparently my fiance is missing one document from the bank but he will express ship it to me so I can mail the packet back very soon and schedule the interview! :) 

Good luck to you :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
44 minutes ago, JackieandAustin said:

Oh my God! Vielen Dank!

I was freaking out sooo badly but you just literally made my day! It changed my date on the 16th so I should get the third packet this week and I was sure it took them so time because of the holidays :D Now I can go back to sleep again :) Apparently my fiance is missing one document from the bank but he will express ship it to me so I can mail the packet back very soon and schedule the interview! :) 

Good luck to you :) 

You're welcome! I'm sure things will move quickly from now on. I hope they will have interview dates that are in the near future for us, so that we won't have to wait redundantly! 

If you're interested, i wrote a little summary of my medical in frankfurt in the german people forum! 

AOS 2017/2018

Package sent....... Aug 22

USCIS received....Aug 25

Text + email..........Sep 06

Notice date...........Sep 05

NOA in mail..........Sep 08

Biometrics letter....Sep 13

Biometrics.............Sep 26

RFE.........................Oct 18

response sent........Dec 29

RFE received..........Jan 05

Ready to schedule 

interview................Jan 18

interview................Feb 28 > approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.