Lion Star

Administrative Processing-Can someone explain about reply from US Embassy Islamabad

690 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, VictoryRider1 said:

I have been in administrative processing for Seven Months, applied for CR-1 visa. Attended interview without wife, Consular officer issued me Administrative Processing Highlighted Page after taking interview for 10mins only. CO said me in the end of  interview "ok you can go now", you need additional administrative processing". 

CO also questioned me what do you do? I replied him I am an Electrical Engineer, he also questioned me do you have your CV? I had showed him my CV, he also kept my CV, may be they have put me in administrative processing because of Engineering Field.

I have inquired US Embassy Islamabad twice regarding my visa every time they send me following reply.

Thank you for writing to our office. Your immigrant visa case is your visa application is "refused" for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be neither expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.  Don't know why they used the word refused.

From my humble experience. I think the word “refused” is less stronger than “denied”. So be hopefull. 

12 hours ago, VictoryRider1 said:

I have been in administrative processing for Seven Months, applied for CR-1 visa. Attended interview without wife, Consular officer issued me Administrative Processing Highlighted Page after taking interview for 10mins only. CO said me in the end of  interview "ok you can go now", you need additional administrative processing". 

CO also questioned me what do you do? I replied him I am an Electrical Engineer, he also questioned me do you have your CV? I had showed him my CV, he also kept my CV, may be they have put me in administrative processing because of Engineering Field.

I have inquired US Embassy Islamabad twice regarding my visa every time they send me following reply.

Thank you for writing to our office. Your immigrant visa case is your visa application is "refused" for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be neither expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.  Don't know why they used the word refused.

It's a normal thing most of the people are going through this process nowadays so don't worry keep your hopes high inshallah

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/25/2017 at 9:42 AM, Abid999 said:

Hello every one. Am new here. I have few questions regarding my immigrant visa. I have provided all the documents to the Embassy in ISLBD. I have received a phone call on Nov/21/2017 and an email saying that i have to appear for an oath against my DS260 and fingerprints.  On Dec/14/2017.    

Q). Is that considered an interview? Or there is going to be an other interview on a later date??  And if there any chance of, may be, getting a visa issued after the fingerprints & oath??? 

Thanks to anyone who replys to my questions in advance. 

Hello

I had my interview on April 25, 2016. I submitted all documents by June 2016.

I was asked for new medical and photos on August 1st and was called for new fingerprints and oath on September 21st. I was told by consul officer that everything is complete and visa can be issued in 2-7 days. I was also told in an email reply that visa application was in final process. Last update was on October 24th.

17 minutes ago, StraightForward said:

Hello

I had my interview on April 25, 2016. I submitted all documents by June 2016.

I was asked for new medical and photos on August 1st and was called for new fingerprints and oath on September 21st. I was told by consul officer that everything is complete and visa can be issued in 2-7 days. I was also told in an email reply that visa application was in final process. Last update was on October 24th.

So did u. Finally get your visa or no??

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah, I sent an inquiry and in first email they said visa is in final process and they will contact me. After some days I sent another inquiry and they replied status is same as in the last email. That email on Oct 24 made an update on my ceac status. It has been two months and 6 days since I was told visa will be issued in 2 to 7 days and that it was final process. My case has absolutely different outcome/pattern compared to all other cases I searched on VJ.

On 11/26/2017 at 12:33 AM, aadi0014 said:

It's a normal thing most of the people are going through this process nowadays so don't worry keep your hopes high inshallah

Ok, thanks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/24/2017 at 3:22 AM, aadi0014 said:

I sent a query to embassy 2 days ago today I got reply from them it's been 3 months I submitted ds5535

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Our record indicates that your submitted documents were received, reviewed and found to be acceptable in support of your visa application.  However, the administrative processing on your visa application is still pending.  Once it is done, our office will contact you. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

SN

That is exactly what they emailed me back last week 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 hours ago, Mia12392 said:

That is exactly what they emailed me back last week 

i emailed them today and got the same reply... how long after the ds5535 in approved they issue the visa??

2 hours ago, rafiq akhtar said:

i emailed them today and got the same reply... how long after the ds5535 in approved they issue the visa??

I don't know but if they approved it they'll be issuing visas in December because year is going to be end next month so they'll have to resolve these issues as soon as they can in 2018 they will be having new quota for news visas 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.