3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo
Timeline

Hello guys,

After replying to the RFE almost 2 weeks ago, I finally got a mail today saying my case was approved! ✌

I just have a few questions and guidance I would like to ask you guys.

The first thing is the notification says the approval has a validy of 4 months.  what does it mean?  they have told me to allow at least 30 days before contacting the NVC and there is already an A-number for her in the approval letter. So I would like to know why I have to contact the NVC

And I have lost my job a month ago, I am really trying my best to find another job. I would like to know what would happen if I am still unemployed by the time she is ready to take her interview? if there is someone who was in this situation before. Please tell what to do (a part from looking for a job of course...) to respond to this situation so that my fiancee doesn't get denied because of my unemployment. Any ideas and guidance will be much appreciated!

And finally, what is she going to bring on the day of her interview? We now have a 2 months old baby together.

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. NVC will provide you with a case number corresponding to the embassy the petition will go to in Congo. You can call them probably within 2 weeks and ask about the case number, or just wait until you receive the hard copy letter in the mail. That case number allows you to track and check updates of the petition through CEAC.

2. As to the job, well this could definately cause you some issue if you can't get another one before interview time as the embassy will want to see current pay information and stuff from you with the I-134. I do not know if Congo allows co-sponsors but that may be a good choice right now honestly.

3. This depends on if the embassy sends anything to the beneficiary or not (packet 3/4), some do some don't. Otherwise she would of course take with her a copy of the original I-134 and financial documentation(same if using a co-sponsor), further evidence of relationship...

Have you also gone for the CRBA for the child since it is yours? 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo
Timeline

Thank you Ben&Zian for your answe!

I had tried CRBA but did not qualify since I have been in the USA for less than 5 years!  I have been calling the USCIS about this situation but they were telling me to wait until I hear about the result of my I-129F then I would proceed about my son's case.

But today I have talked with then again, they have called me twice but no real answer was given.They have just said it is a complex situation and they will escalate the call and get back to me; now the day is over and still don't hear from them!

As for the job, do you think her visa will be approved just with co-sponsors alone? I can fight to find 2 or 3 co-sponsors; but do you think if myself the sponsor don't work the visa will be issued? I am part time in the US National Guard but that does not even cover all my bills. The Congo accepts co-sponsors!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.