Lol1234

I-864 and I-864W question

10 posts in this topic

I am bringing Two family members, my wife and my newborn child. Since my newborn qualifies for I-864W, I will be filing I 864w for him. For the principal applicant( the wife) I have to fill out the I-864. I was wondering for the household number do I put down 2 because the child is exempted. Because my income from last year does not meet requirement for 3 person. 

6 minutes ago, aleful said:

hi

no, you have to include him as part of your household, so your household is 3 for your wife's i864

Since my income does not meet the household requirement for 3 people. Then what will be the purpose of filing I-864w for the child

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

first of all they are 2 separate petitions,

you will file the i864W because since you are a USC, once your child enters the country, as I suppose he is your biological child

he will automatically derive your citizenship

but not for your wife, even if your son is a USC, he is still your dependent and your have a family of 3, so on your wife's i864 you will add your son as your dependent. you have a family of 3, so you need to have enough income to cover 3

or supplement income with assets or a joint sponsor if your current income isn't enough. are you going to make enough this year?

11 minutes ago, aleful said:

first of all they are 2 separate petitions,

you will file the i864W because since you are a USC, once your child enters the country, as I suppose he is your biological child

he will automatically derive your citizenship

but not for your wife, even if your son is a USC, he is still your dependent and your have a family of 3, so on your wife's i864 you will add your son as your dependent. you have a family of 3, so you need to have enough income to cover 3

or supplement income with assets or a joint sponsor if your current income isn't enough. are you going to make enough this year?

So the part 3 of the I-864 do I need to include the child to the family member section if I file a I-864w. And also if I can show I will make enough this year, do I need joint sponsor.  Thank you

1 hour ago, aleful said:

question

your baby doesn't qualify for CRBA?

If he qualifies for CRBA and lets say he gets US passport do we need to complete the I-864w at all

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, Lol1234 said:

If he qualifies for CRBA and lets say he gets US passport do we need to complete the I-864w at all

If your son qualifies for the CRBA, then he is a US citizen with a US passport and doesn't need an I-130 or I-864w.

The I-864 for your wife still has a household count of 3.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.