Nasturtium

Amman interviews coming up-- last minute scrambling? :)

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

How are you all doing? I know I'm just collecting some letters of support and will be DHL-ing them soon enough (by the 16th). I also will send him a couple of phone bills and a photo, maybe some emails printed out.

What about you all?

Casa is making me nervous! Casa needs to "hellas" with this Ap/denial stuff.

Anyone have any tips for Amman, add it here!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey honey...i don't have any tips...but good luck!!!

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Julianna,

DHL rocks! I sent a package on a Monday night 8p and he got a call to pick it up Thursday am. Be sure you tell them to hold the package in the Amman office to have him pick it up so it doesn't get lost. It only cost me $46.

In the meantime, I am getting my ticket and starting to gather last minute phone records for the month of april and taking my originals. I went back and forth with going for his interview, but casa has scared the ####### out of me too, so my mom pushed me to go and not worry about saving money for the wedding. Actually my parents are sending me as an early wedding gift. God bless them.

I can't think of anything else, except to get the letters from your friends and family notarized if possible.

Julianna, it's next wednesday right? Exciting!!!!!

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Here are my suggestions:

Follow up with an email to them to verify your interview date and time. They are not very organized. If your name is not on the list at the gate, even though you know the date is correct, you will not be allowed in. That happened to us. Also, take as much proof as you can. Make sure they do look at them or at least know of them. when they ask for your proof, have him say here is the pictures of....and these are my emails, letters, etc. Even if they do not look at the proof they will hear your proof. Also, if you changed your name to his, bring that proof with you also. They look for the smallest one thing you dont have to request for more proof. You will want to show continous contact thru out the time you have been apart. The lady was very nice to my husband but they do look for the smallest thing. Just take as much proof as you can and Good Luck!

Filed: Timeline

Bring something to occupy your time, malek waited almost 4 hours until they interviewed him. Also, when the embassy mailed him the forms DS156, DS230 etc. they made him redo them cuz they were outdated. That wasnt his fault, he filled the forms the embassy gave him. The woman told Malek that the interview was being done only in English, he didnt have a choice. Lastly, only give a straight answer to the consulate's questions, she did not want Malek to go into detail. Good Luck!!

How are you all doing? I know I'm just collecting some letters of support and will be DHL-ing them soon enough (by the 16th). I also will send him a couple of phone bills and a photo, maybe some emails printed out.

What about you all?

Casa is making me nervous! Casa needs to "hellas" with this Ap/denial stuff.

Anyone have any tips for Amman, add it here!

Timeline

Thanks Jade!

LL-- his interview is on the 24th :) I DHL to his university address so it doesn't get lost. I was waffling about going, but I decided to not bother since they won't even know I am there. All our letters are notorized and sealed and post-marked LOL!

Moe_lisa-- I have emailed them 5 times now about the time for his interview but they refuse to tell me, they will just keep repeating the date or responding with something that doesn't even matter.

Maureen-- I bet he may have to redo the DS230? I'll print off a new one and we'll do it. The other is for the K3 and we don't need it.

Does anyone know? Do they need another passport-type photo of me? or are the ones that went with the I-130 good enough?

So exciting to see so many going thru Jordan now! Maybe some of the old-timers will come out of the woodwork and offer up some tips. Dawn, Kelly, Amal, Andrea where are you ???

Julianna, I don't think they need any more pics of you. The ones submitted at I130 should be enough.

Jackie (F)

(alot of MENA slumber parties coming up!)

Timeline

Yeah, right in a row there are 3 of us, then Lionlioness comes up next I think? in May! So Amman is really packing them in! Thanks for the picture info! I am typing out some questions and answers for him now, I think this will make things easier. I told him to think of it as an oral exam :)

the only passport pics were the ones i sent for the petition but i am not positive if malek had to bring extra passport pics of himself. If your SO has extra passport pics, i would bring them. My philosopphy is...better to be overprepared, i would hate to see anybody get a slip for additional evidence.

The interview itself was very short ( not even 10 minutes) just simple questions, nothing hard...how we met, how many times i came out to jordan and when we got married and then she took Malek's passport and said you're approved. Also, bring a copy of your I130 and I129F with approval notices. I hear that it is a good idea to have those with you in case of an embassy error ( it's not required but better safe than sorry).

I am praying for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best of Luck!!!!!

Thanks Jade!

LL-- his interview is on the 24th :) I DHL to his university address so it doesn't get lost. I was waffling about going, but I decided to not bother since they won't even know I am there. All our letters are notorized and sealed and post-marked LOL!

Moe_lisa-- I have emailed them 5 times now about the time for his interview but they refuse to tell me, they will just keep repeating the date or responding with something that doesn't even matter.

Maureen-- I bet he may have to redo the DS230? I'll print off a new one and we'll do it. The other is for the K3 and we don't need it.

Does anyone know? Do they need another passport-type photo of me? or are the ones that went with the I-130 good enough?

Timeline

The embassy listed passport pics for him as a requirement for the interview szo he has those ready! he also has all of his approval notices, etc... he has 2- 6inch binders of stuff! About 4 inches alone is straight NVC/USCIS/AMMAN paperwork, and then the rest is evidence. I also gave him his original ITIN paperwork so he has that too! I hope his interview is sooo short! And positive! Not short and negative :))

Timeline

Oh! I just called him (yes from work, yes on a phone card, and no I don't carrrreeeee lOL) and he said his DS230 expires 7/31/07. So we're good!

Timeline

Part 6 million 73:

So I've been seeing lots of mailing in packet 3 stuff. We got this packet from the embassy, and it just said what to bring to the interview. no mailing in stuff. Is this just how Amman is? Or are we missing something?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I know when we did our process in Amman we took everything to the embassy at the time of interview. the packet got lost and he never got it, Had to go to amman to get another packet, and then return the packet to them. Our extra proof required for the name change which is why we were in A/R, he took that as well to them and left it at the gate. In the packet they had alot of paperwork we already submitted. I contacted them and was told not to redo them as they get your full case from here after it is sent to Amman. (affidavit of support, Ds-230 etc) I sent our copies to him just in case, as you never know. You will not need any passport pictures of you. Just his. Only pics needed of you are your proof pictures. The interview will be short. The wait will be long. The interview it started in Arabic but then he was asked if he spoke english and was finished in English. They ask simple questions, how we met, when i came to jordan, how many times. why i didnt come more. about my children, their names. what did they like to do. etc. We had our interview posted here but I dont know that it is still on here in history. The time of the interview will be how you arrive. They started early in the morning and log you in. The day my husband did his interview he was the last person called because of the mix up of his name not being on the register at the gate. You pay your money at one place and seems like you went to another place and then to the waiting area where they call you to the windows for the interview. It will be a very long tiresome day, Just try to remain calm, stay positive, bring all your proof no matter what it is. When they ask you for your proof tell them what you have. A lot of time they will not even look at it but if they hear it they understand you have it and leaves a feeling that you were prepared and its honest true relationship. Say here are my letters to each other. here are our daily chat conversations, here are letters addressed to both of us, here is.... You can not ever have too much proof! Good luck on your interview! hope this helps you!

Timeline

Thanks!

I wonder how much he will have to pay? I remember in the embassy packet, it only listed the prices of the I-130, etc that we already paid.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Julianna, from what I know and what we plan take everything with you at the interview don't send it ahead of time. WE printed the updated forms online and did the DS 156 online so it printed with the "bar code."

We decided for me not to go for the interview. I've heard over and over I will not be allowed in anyways. Plus I'd only have 5 days there. So we're going to see how it goes (inshaAllah it goes well) and save the money toward our wedding.

April/May are hot months in Amman and I wish us all success and speedy AP's!!!

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.