BooLeeNut

Returning to Home Country after GC activation

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi SusieQQQ.  Yes, I am returning with a one way ticket.  I guess that's it - an account and a one way ticket since I cannot file taxes yet.

Meantime, what questions would they normally ask at customs for my case - 7 months stay outside the US.

1 hour ago, BooLeeNut said:

Hi SusieQQQ.  Yes, I am returning with a one way ticket.  I guess that's it - an account and a one way ticket since I cannot file taxes yet.

Meantime, what questions would they normally ask at customs for my case - 7 months stay outside the US.

They might ask about the absence - or for example ask if you are aware of residency requirements or a similar question - if they do just tell the truth - that you needed a few months to wrap everything up and now you are returning for good on your one way ticket. 

16 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

They might ask about the absence - or for example ask if you are aware of residency requirements or a similar question - if they do just tell the truth - that you needed a few months to wrap everything up and now you are returning for good on your one way ticket. 

Tq for your advice.  I hope I can get back in without any trouble. When I came in, I noted that the Officer has written no B class on the page in my packet and B class - yes on my husband's.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, so I'm back in the US. Flew to Atlanta via LAX from Hong Kong. LAX CBP asked me to go into a room full of people where I waited for an hour. Then my name was called to the counter. They left my passport on the counter but I waited. Then, an officer said you're done. So I took it and gave it to another officer at the exit who recorded my details and mentioned a code 271. Then I was out the door for my next flight. No questions asked. Yayyy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.