Summer knight

February 8th 2016 filer ROC

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone i filed ROC, on february 8th,2016 and it was received at the VSC and they are way pass my date on their processing time yet still i hv not gotten any reply. I called uscis and got transferrd to a immigration officer who told me i should see something in the mail soon, but this was from 3 weeks ago. Still nothing. Only thing i got was aletter saying i called to query and i should give 40-60 days because my case is pending adjudication.   Are there Any VSC 2016 february filers here in the same wait tank?

Edited by Summer knight

1) File with the ombudsman

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

2) File  a request for assistance with your senator

3) File a request for assistance with your congressman

Anything else you try is futile, a waste of energy, and will not work.

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- April 2015 [Denied]

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 - Mar 2021[Denied] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

N-400 - Feb 2018 - Apr 2021 [Denied]

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

I-751 #3 - June 2021 - Jan 2024 [Denied]

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

July 2022: Infopass for I-551 stamp number eleven.....

August 2023: Infopass for I-551 stamp number twelve....

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2024: FML. Seriously. I'm done. 

On 5/4/2017 at 0:54 PM, Summer knight said:

Hi everyone i filed ROC, on february 8th,2016 and it was received at the VSC and they are way pass my date on their processing time yet still i hv not gotten any reply. I called uscis and got transferrd to a immigration officer who told me i should see something in the mail soon, but this was from 3 weeks ago. Still nothing. Only thing i got was aletter saying i called to query and i should give 40-60 days because my case is pending adjudication.   Are there Any VSC 2016 february filers here in the same wait tank?

My husband I are still waiting. We filed Feb 17, 2016. I already did the Ombudsman a month ago, no reply yet. I am going to wait until end of May and contact my senator..

Good luck.

2 hours ago, schung115 said:

My husband I are still waiting. We filed Feb 17, 2016. I already did the Ombudsman a month ago, no reply yet. I am going to wait until end of May and contact my senator..

Good luck.

Normally when you get the Ombudsman involved all of a sudden the case is approved before the Ombudsman even gets back in touch with you, its like they are in contact already and a decision is made all of a sudden. I think it was a 30 day wait when I was doing AOS and got them involved.  A few of us got them involved and each one of us if memory recalls ended up having our case suddenly reviewed.  I hope you hear something shortly! 

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

1 hour ago, shell20 said:

Normally when you get the Ombudsman involved all of a sudden the case is approved before the Ombudsman even gets back in touch with you, its like they are in contact already and a decision is made all of a sudden. I think it was a 30 day wait when I was doing AOS and got them involved.  A few of us got them involved and each one of us if memory recalls ended up having our case suddenly reviewed.  I hope you hear something shortly! 

Thank you for the encouragement! I believe tomorrow will be exactly 30 days since we got the Obudsmand got involved. I think their official timeline is 45 days.. so hopefully we will hear something soon!

15 minutes ago, schung115 said:

Thank you for the encouragement! I believe tomorrow will be exactly 30 days since we got the Obudsmand got involved. I think their official timeline is 45 days.. so hopefully we will hear something soon!

Youre welcome and I feel you will hear any time shortly. Please let us all know so we can share your experiences with all other members if they happen to find themselves in the same circumstances. :)

3 hours ago, shell20 said:

40 days here since contacting the Ombudsman....nothing.  Ditto from Senator & Congressperson.

Starting to think I am Bruce Willis in the sixth sense.

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

12 minutes ago, mindthegap said:

40 days here since contacting the Ombudsman....nothing.  Ditto from Senator & Congressperson.

Starting to think I am Bruce Willis in the sixth sense.

Wow, I am also beginning to believe you are Bruce Willis too! You haven't had the best of luck have you!  I am still convinced the Ombudsman forces their hands but I also suspect yours being such an unusual case, would say FU but not allowed to use such profanities on here, is the reason it's taking a long time. It's like a maze and I'm sure the Ombudsman is trying to get their head around it all.  I think there should be some kind of compensation paid to you for one mishap and another after another.  At least your fee, you have just paid for a service you haven't received and let's be honest it's not a cheap procedure. Not to mention travel expenses, time off and such!   Perhaps the Ombudsman might force them to pay you compensation as they do in the UK.  Although thinking about it if they did you would probably be waiting for years as I'm sure paying it out would have its own processing time too!

12 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I am still convinced the Ombudsman forces their hands but I also suspect yours being such an unusual case, would say FU but not allowed to use such profanities on here, is the reason it's taking a long time. 

Yes..but why is it an unusual case in the first place.

Joint filing, submitted before deadline with plenty of evidence, DCF approved originally in four months with no RFE and from possibly the lowest risk fraud country for immigrants, one minor skirmish with the law almost two decades ago which wasn't a conviction and was fully declared in the initial DCF process.

I just don't get this - any of it. All I want is some answers - if they were to say 'yep, we f****d up, sorry', then fair enough' . If they were to say 'due to your unusual travel history, we had to do X and Y' then fair enough. Saying something would be better than nothing, and at least I would have SOME answers rather than this perpetual limbo.

As it stands, I have an infopass soon, and will inevitably be told nothing, aside from 'it is still pending, you have to wait'.

I then have to await another interview notification, IF it gets sent this time.

After the interview, I will no doubt then be told that I have to redo my biometrics as it has been 23 months since the original set was done and they have expired, so add in another month for that appointment to come through - IF it arrives, and then no doubt a rescheduling of that.

It is just never ending, and with zero accountability or care for the people going through this.

I am at the point now where I think perhaps it would be easier if they take until early 2018 when I can file my N-400 and force ROC adjudication, and hopefully get a joint interview and only one set of biometrics.

Edited by mindthegap

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

HAPPY NEW YEAR

38 minutes ago, mindthegap said:

Yes..but why is it an unusual case in the first place.

Joint filing, submitted before deadline with plenty of evidence, DCF approved originally in four months with no RFE and from possibly the lowest risk fraud country for immigrants, one minor skirmish with the law almost two decades ago which wasn't a conviction and was fully declared in the initial DCF process.

I just don't get this - any of it. All I want is some answers - if they were to say 'yep, we f****d up, sorry', then fair enough' . If they were to say 'due to your unusual travel history, we had to do X and Y' then fair enough. Saying something would be better than nothing, and at least I would have SOME answers rather than this perpetual limbo.

As it stands, I have an infopass soon, and will inevitably be told nothing, aside from 'it is still pending, you have to wait'.

I then have to await another interview notification, IF it gets sent this time.

After the interview, I will no doubt then be told that I have to redo my biometrics as it has been 23 months since the original set was done and they have expired, so add in another month for that appointment to come through - IF it arrives, and then no doubt a rescheduling of that.

It is just never ending, and with zero accountability or care for the people going through this.

I am at the point now where I think perhaps it would be easier if they take until early 2018 when I can file my N-400 and force ROC adjudication, and hopefully get a joint interview and only one set of biometrics.

I think its an unusual case because of all their FU's. I mean how do you end up sending a file abroad. SMH!!  Have you wrote to the field office concerned a letter of complaint. My husband did with my case as they refused to  stamp my passport and lo and behold, my husband just gave me a letter from them to tell me to make an appointment to get the stamp for free!  I most certainly think if you haven't already you should lodge a complaint to the field office  as they have to respond to your complaint!  We addressed ours to the manager.  I feel so sorry for you, but I feel like there is something in the air today and I feel you will hear in the next day or so. 

On 5/10/2017 at 10:27 AM, schung115 said:

Good luck.

Hi I received my letter of approval today in the mail, it says my Removal of Conditions are approved and within 60 days i should receive my green card and paper work with assistance available to me as a now permanent resident. 

Edited by Summer knight

Hey everyone i received my approval of removal of Conditions today! It said within 60 days i should get the green card in the mail, along with other documents of assistance as a permanent resident. Thank God! Hubby and i are celebrating!

Just now, Summer knight said:

Hey everyone i received my approval of removal of Conditions today! It said within 60 days i should get the green card in the mail, along with other documents of assistance as a permanent resident. Thank God! Hubby and i are celebrating!

Wishing all the best, and thanks for all your help in this journey. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.