Carlos/Yanet

NEAR THE INTERVIEW STAGE IN BOGOTÁ, COLOMBIA

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, please I need help with this question, my wife in Bogota Colombia is just waiting to set up her councelar  interview and has been given instructions to choose from a list of doctors sanctioned by the US embassy, on the instructions it mentions that the average cost of the medical exams  of an individual  are of 600 thousand Colombian pesos, about 300 $ dollars . Which I'm fine with.  My wife has called all the doctors mentioned on that list only to find out the average cost is of a million 200 thousand pesos .. or 600 $  dollars for each patient.. twice the amount.. there are 3 people undergoing these medical exams.. that's a small fortune !!  

Has this happened to anyone else ??  Is this a common occurrence?? I think it's a rape from these doctors since they are the only ones the US embassy will reffer visa benefactors to.. please help !!

Hello!

It is to my understanding that they charge fees given to them by the embassy.

I would suggest she calls again and asks if it will be $600 for the full medical including vaccines. In my country (El Salvador), it's up to $538 including vaccines. Therefore, if you have record of your vaccines, you wouldn't pay the full $538. Also, here the fee varies for different ages.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :)

Scan Date: 01/26

CC: 04/06

Interview Date: Pending

Wow.. thats amazingly  expensive.  But if I don't have a choice.. got to do it 😔😔😔

Thanks for the response 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, My fiance is going in on Tuesday in Bogota for the medical.  The fees are a bit expensive by Colombian standards, but really are normal for cost in the USA.  When I do my annual physical with all the xrays and blood work, it usually cast me a few hundred bucks.  But you are correct they are a bit expensive.  The other thing that sucks is that they are only in Bogota and require several days to get the results.  My Fiance is in Medellin so I have to pay for her to fly back and forth twice!  Once for the medical and then again to pick up the results and then go to the interview.  The cost of the medical is a quarter of the price of the all the traveling.

But it is only money...  Finding the woman of my dreams is priceless.. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.