Redheadguy03

Getting her birth certificate very odd issue

15 posts in this topic

So, my fiance went to get her NSO birth certificate. She has one from awhile back, but we wanted more copies plus we wanted it to be more recent.

Anyway, they said her name was wrong and the birthdate is wrong too! So, she has to go home and tell them apparently. Doesn't make any sense at all considering she already has a birth certificate issued by them with her name and actual birth date! 

It's definitely frustrating she traveled to Manila over 15 hours on a bus and ferry, for her NBI and other certificates and was hoping to get the CFO done, but it's all out the window right now. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your fiancee needs to read over the current NSO birth certificate she has, checking her name and the dates ..  hopefully there are no errors that weren't noticed before.

No errors,  take it back to PSA (was NSO) when requesting new copies.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

28 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Your fiancee needs to read over the current NSO birth certificate she has, checking her name and the dates ..  hopefully there are no errors that weren't noticed before.

No errors,  take it back to PSA (was NSO) when requesting new copies.

We've checked them over the original one is correct. The "new" one has an incorrect date of birth and it's missing the first two letters of her first name. 

I don't even understand how it's possible, all the parent info and everything is exactly the same. She mentioned that she has this one they said that apparently before they didn't check as thoroughly. (which makes zero sense) 

I know a lot of people in the Philippines who have issues on their birth certificates. It is much more common than you think. My fiance was listed as a male (obviously not) and we had to get that taken care of.

14 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

I know a lot of people in the Philippines who have issues on their birth certificates. It is much more common than you think. My fiance was listed as a male (obviously not) and we had to get that taken care of.

She already had one that was correct though. That's what makes it so confusing. 

7 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

She already had one that was correct though. That's what makes it so confusing. 

I understand it seems confusing to us sitting here in America, and I agree that it is rather odd. But in the Philippines I've come to accept these type of things as the norm. For example, my fiance had a court order signed by a judge stating that in fact she is a female. She was able to get a birth certificate and her passport as a female. In August we are going to get married there but if she were to go to the PSA today and request a birth certificate it would came back saying she is a male. Right now we have someone that is getting us 2 copies of certified birth certificates from the PSA that have her listed as female for wedding and immigration purposes. I wanted to have extra because I know that if we ever needed to get a copy at a later date she will be listed as male.

In your case the birth is registered locally then sent to Manila. The local probably had it correct but maybe there were mistakes when it was entered in Manila. The local office will need to request that Manila correct their records. But can't she just request copies from her local office? In that case they should be correct, but again this is the Philippines so hard to say.

In my fiances case in order to get a permanent fix (if there is such a thing there) she would have to travel back to the province where she was born (her family moved away when she was very young) and have them correct it, then they would have to send it to Manila for correction. That would take months if ever to complete. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

We've checked them over the original one is correct. The "new" one has an incorrect date of birth and it's missing the first two letters of her first name. 

I don't even understand how it's possible, all the parent info and everything is exactly the same. She mentioned that she has this one they said that apparently before they didn't check as thoroughly. (which makes zero sense) 

I would take that BC back over to PSA and request another BC.. showing them that somehow they got things screwed up.  And as you know   ... Welcome to the Philippines!

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

9 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I understand it seems confusing to us sitting here in America, and I agree that it is rather odd. But in the Philippines I've come to accept these type of things as the norm. For example, my fiance had a court order signed by a judge stating that in fact she is a female. She was able to get a birth certificate and her passport as a female. In August we are going to get married there but if she were to go to the PSA today and request a birth certificate it would came back saying she is a male. Right now we have someone that is getting us 2 copies of certified birth certificates from the PSA that have her listed as female for wedding and immigration purposes. I wanted to have extra because I know that if we ever needed to get a copy at a later date she will be listed as male.

In your case the birth is registered locally then sent to Manila. The local probably had it correct but maybe there were mistakes when it was entered in Manila. The local office will need to request that Manila correct their records. But can't she just request copies from her local office? In that case they should be correct, but again this is the Philippines so hard to say.

In my fiances case in order to get a permanent fix (if there is such a thing there) she would have to travel back to the province where she was born (her family moved away when she was very young) and have them correct it, then they would have to send it to Manila for correction. That would take months if ever to complete. 

No NSO office where she is. There is one in her province about 3 hours away, but not in her actual city. 

7 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

No NSO office where she is. There is one in her province about 3 hours away, but not in her actual city. 

Yea, nothing is easy there especially in the remote provinces. But the closest one to where she was born is the place where it needs to be fixed (even though they are the ones who probably already have it correct). It really sucks. But if they have the correct info there she could just get it there and avoid all the hassle. Good luck to you.

Edited by RO_AH

7 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

Yea, nothing is easy there especially in the remote provinces. But the closest one to where she was born is the place where it needs to be fixed (even though they are the ones who probably already have it correct). It really sucks. But if they have the correct info there she could just get it there and avoid all the hassle. Good luck to you.

Thanks! I'll let you guys know exactly what happens with it. She's going back to the NSO Wednesday to get her CENOMAR. I told her to ask again and see if maybe she'll get a different response. 

On 4/24/2017 at 7:16 PM, Redheadguy03 said:

Thanks! I'll let you guys know exactly what happens with it. She's going back to the NSO Wednesday to get her CENOMAR. I told her to ask again and see if maybe she'll get a different response. 

I just thought I would update you on my fiance's status. So yesterday she received the 2 certified copies of her bc with her listed as a female...YAY!!! So when I was looking it over (she sent me a picture) I noticed another mistake. Her mother and father's age listed at time of birth was 45 and 47 lol. That would have made them 54 and 56 when her youngest sister was born. So yes when it comes to bc's in the Philippines accuracy is about 50/50. I have decided that I am not going to worry about getting those errors fixed as I think they will only be concerned with her info on the bc not her parents in regards to our marriage licence and immigration application.

4 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

I just thought I would update you on my fiance's status. So yesterday she received the 2 certified copies of her bc with her listed as a female...YAY!!! So when I was looking it over (she sent me a picture) I noticed another mistake. Her mother and father's age listed at time of birth was 45 and 47 lol. That would have made them 54 and 56 when her youngest sister was born. So yes when it comes to bc's in the Philippines accuracy is about 50/50. I have decided that I am not going to worry about getting those errors fixed as I think they will only be concerned with her info on the bc not her parents in regards to our marriage licence and immigration application.

Jeez that's just ridiculous. At least the other stuff is correct! Good luck! We're still in the process of getting hers. She got her CENOMAR at least, so at least she's actually single lol. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

You are thinking correctly... don't worry on the parents ages.. her name and gender is correct.. life is better ;) 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

12 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

Just wanted to let everyone know what happened. She went to her local office and it was correct there. So she got 5 copies. Should be plenty. 

Thanks everyone for your help! 

Good to hear. I kinda thought it would be correct there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.