swe_jill

Dutch VOG...where to send?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Does anyone know/have experience with where to send Dutch VOG (police certificates)? 

In January we sent our packet of civil and financial documents to the NVC (post submitting the DS-260 online/with our affidavit of support). I included police certificates for all of the countries where my husband has lived for over one year (three certs total). Last weekend we received a letter from the NVC directing us to this website which outlines how to order a Dutch VOG. There was no explanation as to what was wrong with the VOG we submitted or even if it was properly received. I've since phoned the NVC four times and have received three different answers: that the VOG wasn't received; that no action is required/the task was marked as resolved; and (twice) that I have to order a new VOG and have it sent directly to the embassy where we will interview. I contacted the embassy directly to confirm they need the VOG directly and they won't answer my question.

This has already delayed our process by an additional 11 weeks and I'm frustrated at the lack of a confident, knowledgeable response from the NVC/State dept.  Does anyone have experience with this? Haaaallllppp!!

• 9 months later...
Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

HI Jill,

How did you resolve this? I just received a similar letter from the NVC concerning the VOG (Letter of Conduct) from The Netherlands. I'm now at a loss as to either request a new VOG from The Netherlands and have them send it to the NVC in Portland, ME or to have them send it to the US embassy here in Singapore.

Thanks!

Peter

Timeline
1 hour ago, pepestru said:

HI Jill,

How did you resolve this? I just received a similar letter from the NVC concerning the VOG (Letter of Conduct) from The Netherlands. I'm now at a loss as to either request a new VOG from The Netherlands and have them send it to the NVC in Portland, ME or to have them send it to the US embassy here in Singapore.

Thanks!

Peter

Hi Peter,

Well, because of the NVC delay on this issue and our kids’ school schedule, we ended up delaying our interview six months and are intending to move in the summer. 

I did however get some joy on this issue (I think/I hope). I made several calls to the NVC, always with different responses. On one call I was transferred to who I assume was a manager. He took the time to go to the website my NVC letter referenced, and saw himself that their letter did not match what the website instructs. He confirmed that previously Dutch VOGs went directly to the embassy where your interview will be held, but that that is no longer the case. He had to note in my file that this issue was resolved; I’m not sure that I would have gotten a CC without his notation. I also emailed directly to the visa section in the Stockholm embassy. They wouldn’t answer specific questions, but confirmed they did not want files sent directly to them. I would suggest calling the NVC and pushing hard for them to clear this up, but we had no need to reapply for Dutch VOGs.  

I’ll update after our interview (2 weeks) if things don’t go as expected in this regard. Sorry you’re facing this too - it’s ridiculous!

Timeline

HI Jill,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I guess I will have no other option but to spend my evening (I'm based in Singapore) on the phone with the NVC.

I share your frustration, the website is unclear on this and my lawyer was also caught off guard on this request from the NVC. All letters of conduct from other countries were accepted without any problems so it's a mystery as to why a Dutch letter of conduct would be treated differently.

Regards,

Peter

Timeline

Maybe the NVC are angling for a “gift” of some nice Gouda and tulips :P

But really, good luck. There were many 40 min phone calls on our bill too during that time, but it was eventually cleared up. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey @pepestru by way of an update, my husband had his interview at the Stockholm embassy and there were no questions/problems with his Dutch VOG. Hope you've cleared it with the NVC by now...once that is done you should have clear sailing. Good luck :)

Timeline

@swe_jill I called the NVC as you had mentioned and they told me that the letter I received was meant was a reminder to bring the VOG to the embassy. The week after I received a notification that the DS-260 was approved. Now awaiting the interview date. With a bit of luck I should get something in the next 2 weeks.

How did your husband's interview go?

Timeline
38 minutes ago, pepestru said:

@swe_jill I called the NVC as you had mentioned and they told me that the letter I received was meant was a reminder to bring the VOG to the embassy. The week after I received a notification that the DS-260 was approved. Now awaiting the interview date. With a bit of luck I should get something in the next 2 weeks.

That's great that you were approved - congratulations! Interview went fine, but they haven't received his medical report yet, so processing should be complete within two - three weeks. They wanted to see our marriage certificate, his birth certificate, and police certs and we were surprised that they asked to see pictures of our kids, as we've been married for a long time and have a lot of proof of shared property, insurance, accounts, etc. He had them though, so that was fine. We're using assets to satisfy the AOS requirement, and they never even asked to see evidence of our account balances. All in all took around ten minutes. 

Best of luck with your interview! Glad we've both jumped the hurdle of the Dutch VOG :)

On 25-2-2018 at 9:32 AM, pepestru said:

A lot of people have the same, like me ! I have my interview at April 10th. Good luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.