tsarah321

Interview for eb3 visa

26 posts in this topic

Helo ,

Can someone please tell me what are the possibilities of rejection of visa eb3 during the interview ? ( ofcourse if i dont have criminal records and all those things...)

And also what kind of questions should i expect ? 

Thanks 

Assuming you have documentation lined up from your employer, the process shouldn't be an issue. Is your PD current? 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

5 hours ago, KierenHby said:

Assuming you have documentation lined up from your employer, the process shouldn't be an issue. Is your PD current? 

Yes it has been for 2 month now. But my lawyer for some reason hasnt sent civil docs to nvc yet! I dono why

• 5 months later...
Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Can only give you general feedback on this one, but the interview is basically the governments real  LAST chance to discover any type of fraud or serious clashes in the application. The CO officer is not supposed to adjudicate your case anymore, since that has been done by USCIS. But they have the authority to stop the process right there, if they think that a serious mistake has been made and will send it back to USCIS.

HOWEVER don't want to scare you, because that is not what this is all about if everything is fine and you have all you documents and information regarding the application with you. Make sure you know your case well and be ready for all sorts of questions that anybody could possibly ask you about this upcoming position. They want to see if you are really YOU!

If you want practice it with somebody in a dialogue, go ahead, it helps. I made a question and answer list for myself some days ahead and read my petition letter over and over again.

Give simple answers, don't start to argue, just present yourself confident and all should be ok.

Good luck! ;)

On 9/28/2017 at 1:37 AM, goblin said:

Can only give you general feedback on this one, but the interview is basically the governments real  LAST chance to discover any type of fraud or serious clashes in the application. The CO officer is not supposed to adjudicate your case anymore, since that has been done by USCIS. But they have the authority to stop the process right there, if they think that a serious mistake has been made and will send it back to USCIS.

HOWEVER don't want to scare you, because that is not what this is all about if everything is fine and you have all you documents and information regarding the application with you. Make sure you know your case well and be ready for all sorts of questions that anybody could possibly ask you about this upcoming position. They want to see if you are really YOU!

If you want practice it with somebody in a dialogue, go ahead, it helps. I made a question and answer list for myself some days ahead and read my petition letter over and over again.

Give simple answers, don't start to argue, just present yourself confident and all should be ok.

Good luck! ;)

thanks! you seem well informed. can you advise me about one issue. my interview is in few weeks and i am actually a nurse and i have an american rn license but i dont have a license from my country. do you think if i made this far with uscis and nvc... is there a chance us embassy would deny me for this reaosn  ?

helo. i am an rn with eb3 visa appointment in few weeks. i have good sponsor and job offer is ready. all is in order except one thing. i dont have an rn license from my home country. i only have us rn license. from new york where im gona hopefully work .do you think embassy would deny me if they found out ? thanks

Timeline

I don't see a reason why, since you actually HAVE a US nursing license and will work in the US. And with all due respect for your education in your home country, but the US wont accredit your nurse education from there most likely anyways. They do that with lots of foreign doctors either, from excellent countries, where you actually wonder why.

I think you are all set, but do you or your sponsor have hired an attorney?

I am not an expert, but went through consular processing for my EB-1A and I think most of the EB categories are somewhat similar in regards to the interviews. You have passed the crucial part and that was USCIS.

Edited by goblin

13 minutes ago, goblin said:

I don't see a reason why, since you actually HAVE a US nursing license and will work in the US. And with all due respect for your education in your home country, but the US wont accredit your nurse education from there most likely anyways. They do that with lots of foreign doctors either, from excellent countries, where you actually wonder why.

I think you are all set, but do you or your sponsor have hired an attorney?

I am not an expert, but went through consular processing for my EB-1A and I think most of the EB categories are somewhat similar in regards to the interviews. You have passed the crucial part and that was USCIS.

exactly my thoughts! thats why i didnt bother with the croatian nursing board exam . i tohught as long as i have us licesne i shouldnt need it. yes i have an attorney that represents both me and my employer. thanks for your reply. i feel better!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, tsarah321 said:

exactly my thoughts! thats why i didnt bother with the croatian nursing board exam . i tohught as long as i have us licesne i shouldnt need it. yes i have an attorney that represents both me and my employer. thanks for your reply. i feel better!

You are welcome!

Also consult your attorney to give you a quick briefing for the interview and answer your questions.

Let us know the result of the interview plz. Good luck!

5 hours ago, tsarah321 said:

helo. i am an rn with eb3 visa appointment in few weeks. i have good sponsor and job offer is ready. all is in order except one thing. i dont have an rn license from my home country. i only have us rn license. from new york where im gona hopefully work .do you think embassy would deny me if they found out ? thanks

No,  very unlikely. I would bring maybe just proof that you graduated from nursing school. Having a US license and passing the NCLEX  is what matters. I'm an RN too btw :)

On 4/19/2017 at 11:35 AM, tsarah321 said:

Helo ,

Can someone please tell me what are the possibilities of rejection of visa eb3 during the interview ? ( ofcourse if i dont have criminal records and all those things...)

And also what kind of questions should i expect ? 

Thanks 

From what I'm reading you have to know rally well the info you put on the DS260.

Who is sponsoring you?

How have you found this job?

What duties you will perform at this job?

What experience do you have?

Where is the job located ?

Are you married?

Have you  been to the USA before?

This is just what I have seen on other forums and what our lawyer told us. Best wishes, and let us know how it goes.

Just now, Fangmarie said:

HI there,

Thank you for listing the possible questions during the interview. Will it affect the approval of my eb3 visa if I have less than a year of experience as a nurse? 

I don't know, it depends on the job requirements.  Was experience a requirement for the job, or no experience required? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.