irunmole

Switching from i130 to i360 Vawa application

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please house help me out. I have been married to a us citizen wife for a year now and we just had a kid last month March. She has always controlled, abuses me both emotionally and physically and always threatened me to work illegally and keep shut about the abuses or she will get me deported. Recently towards the end of March 2017 she agreed to file for my adjustment of status because she doesn't have a job and she has a kid from a previous relationship plus my own kid making 2 kids. I have received receipts for i765, i130 and i485. I have also gone for my biometrics. Just few minutes ago in the cold of the night she threw me out yet again saying she won't go forward with the application and that she will go to uscis office to withdraw her sponsorship.

I had earlier applied for affirmative asylum in November 2016 when I realised she wasn't going forward with the papers and I don't want to be left without a legal status because I would be a year in the USA by December 2016. I have already had fingerprint for that as well awaiting interview in the future.

Please what do I do as I am in a serious situation and I need to take action quickly. How can i switch the i130 priority date unto the i360 application that I am about to go forward with? Any advice will help. Thanks all.

On 4/9/2017 at 4:33 AM, afrocraft said:

I sympathize with your ordeal, but this is a tough case, I believe, given your asylum filing and the alleged domestic violence. Probably best to talk to a lawyer. Some do pro bono work.

https://www.justice.gov/eoir/office-of-legal-access-programs

My advice is that you should be more patient with her. I believe she was frustrated without a job to sponsor you all. Just try and exercise more patient in order for you to achieve your goal in life. God will direct you path. Please you should also find church to attend for guide and counselling.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You look like you were chasing a green card by any means.  You seem o lack documentation of abuse that is needed to be successful at VAWA especially when filed by a man.  

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm a little...no...a lot confused about your situation. You've been married to a USC for over a year, you've recently had a child together, and you say that she was always threatening you to work illegally? You have had the means to obtain work authorization for a long time now - so why would these threats to force you to work "illegally" even happen? Why after nine months of your wife's pregnancy and birth of your child (I hate when people say, "just had a kid" - a "kid" is a baby goat, a human baby is a child), is this now an issue? 

I have survived abusive relationships, and I hate having to second guess someone, but Oluwa ṣãnu! I read, and re-read your post...what proof are you prepared to offer to show that you have been abused? Your post speaks only to what can be done for you...what about your child? How are you going to support your own child? Or, are you looking for a way to simply walk away from it all? Are the children being abused, as well? If so, what have you done about that? What proof do you have? Have you called the police? Have they substantiated your claims? Have you sought medical help, or the help of a counselor? 

For the sake of these two children, I think there may be two "adults" who need to get some counseling and get their acts together. 

CR-1 Visa

Married in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria on 29 September 2016 - Civil Marriage
** USCIS **

Service Center: Potomac

Consulate : Lagos, Nigeria 

I-130 Sent: 2016-12-03

I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2016-12-05

I-130 NOA1: 2016-12-08

Oko mi was baptized, confirmed, and received into the Catholic Church in Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-15 at the Easter Vigil Mass!

Marriage Convalidated in the Catholic Church, Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-16 Easter Morning! 

I-130 Approved : 2017-05-19

** NVC **

NVC Received : 2017-06-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-06-15
Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 2017-06-21

Pay AOS Bill: 2017-06-21
Receive IV Bill : 2017-06-23
Pay IV Bill : 2017-06-23

Receive I-864 Package : 2017-06-28

Send AOS Package : 2017-07-01

Submit DS-261 :  2017-06-21

Send IV Package : 2017-07-01
Scan Date: 2017-07-07

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2017-09-30

Case Completed at NVC : 2017-09-01

----------------------------

Interview Date : 2017-11-22

Interview Result : Approved! Thanks be to God!

Visa Received : 2017-11-27
US Entry : 2017-12-08 Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.