vamos25

page protector, name on check

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi i am about to send my packet. i have couple of questions.

ive read that some of you guys used page protector for original document such as I751 form and affidavits. i got the similar stuff but i was wondering these page protector isnt same thing as folder? USCIS suggest not to use folder. so i was wondering if these page protector is ok to use? mine is clear and has pocket from top.

also, about the check. i have some check with my husband(us citizen) and my name both on. at the signature, my husband signed. did i need to sign signature too? or only him is acceptable? or should i sign only me? ive read the guide how to fill out on check but dont find answer i look for..

my packet is about 5'in so ill probably mail in a usps box.. on uscis site and this site says to mail with deliverly confirmation. do i just say i want a deliverly confirmation at usps when mailing? is that same thing as certified mail?

also i read that i need to write 'Attention : I-751 petition to remove conditions of status' on envelope. do i need to write that somewhere on the label (sheet) that i need to fill at usps? or do i need to write that with uscis service center address on the box(envelope) or both?

advise would be appreciated :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, vamos25 said:

Hi i am about to send my packet. i have couple of questions.

ive read that some of you guys used page protector for original document such as I751 form and affidavits. i got the similar stuff but i was wondering these page protector isnt same thing as folder? USCIS suggest not to use folder. so i was wondering if these page protector is ok to use? mine is clear and has pocket from top.

also, about the check. i have some check with my husband(us citizen) and my name both on. at the signature, my husband signed. did i need to sign signature too? or only him is acceptable? or should i sign only me? ive read the guide how to fill out on check but dont find answer i look for..

my packet is about 5'in so ill probably mail in a usps box.. on uscis site and this site says to mail with deliverly confirmation. do i just say i want a deliverly confirmation at usps when mailing? is that same thing as certified mail?

also i read that i need to write 'Attention : I-751 petition to remove conditions of status' on envelope. do i need to write that somewhere on the label (sheet) that i need to fill at usps? or do i need to write that with uscis service center address on the box(envelope) or both?

advise would be appreciated :)

Hi Vamos! 

When USCIS says not to use a "folder", they are meaning a binder - like a 3-ring binder.  The clear page protectors are fine as a way to keep documents together.  What USCIS really likes best (according to their website) is "Acco" clips.  These are used with a two-hole punch at the top of the documents.  But clear page protectors are OK.

USCIS doesn't care who signs the check.  They just care that you send exactly the right amount of money!

When you go to the Post Office, just tell the clerk that you want "delivery confirmation".  This is NOT the same as "certified mail".  Delivery Confirmation is what you want.  And, if you send it by some methods (I think like Second-Day Delivery), you get a tracking number that you can check online anyway.

If you are using a USPS box (5 inches! - ours was 4 inches), then take a black marker pen with you to the Post Office, and write the "Attention:..." note on the bottom left on the front of the box.

Gambatte!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sukie said:

Hi Vamos! 

When USCIS says not to use a "folder", they are meaning a binder - like a 3-ring binder.  The clear page protectors are fine as a way to keep documents together.  What USCIS really likes best (according to their website) is "Acco" clips.  These are used with a two-hole punch at the top of the documents.  But clear page protectors are OK.

USCIS doesn't care who signs the check.  They just care that you send exactly the right amount of money!

When you go to the Post Office, just tell the clerk that you want "delivery confirmation".  This is NOT the same as "certified mail".  Delivery Confirmation is what you want.  And, if you send it by some methods (I think like Second-Day Delivery), you get a tracking number that you can check online anyway.

If you are using a USPS box (5 inches! - ours was 4 inches), then take a black marker pen with you to the Post Office, and write the "Attention:..." note on the bottom left on the front of the box.

Gambatte!

Sukie in NY

thanks for the info and advise, Sukie san!

i am using the ACCO fastener to put all papers togeter. 2 clear page protector for original document that cant be punched hole.

on this site about filling out on check, it says to preprinted or write address and phone number. we wrote our address under the name but not much space left under the address.  Is phone number necessary on check?

i tryed to organize the packet again, now its about 2.5inches. but ill still need to mail by the box probably. ill make sure to write the 'attention ~ ' on the box.

sorry couple of more question.. like the bank statement, there are like 150 pages. should i put small binder clip for like 3month or 6 month each? i try not to use clips,tho

also, should i write my A# on each paper? i wrote one on each tab divinder and some of document

Edited by vamos25

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, vamos25 said:

thanks for the info and advise, Sukie san!

i am using the ACCO fastener to put all papers togeter. 2 clear page protector for original document that cant be punched hole.

on this site about filling out on check, it says to preprinted or write address and phone number. we wrote our address under the name but not much space left under the address.  Is phone number necessary on check?

i tryed to organize the packet again, now its about 2.5inches. but ill still need to mail by the box probably. ill make sure to write the 'attention ~ ' on the box.

sorry couple of more question.. like the bank statement, there are like 150 pages. should i put small binder clip for like 3month or 6 month each? i try not to use clips,tho

also, should i write my A# on each paper? i wrote one on each tab divinder and some of document

You can print your phone number anywhere on the check - maybe up by the check number on the top right?

I used a piece of colored paper between each "section" (like bank accounts), and then used a Post-It Note to make a "tab" on the section divider.  Be sure to use tape on the Post-It note so it will not pull away!  I did not separate out the 3 month or 6 month, but did separate bank account from credit card statement, etc.

I did not write the A# on each page.  Pages with names on it I thought would be OK.  But if there was no clear identification on the page, I put the A#.  Because you are using Acco clips, there is no danger of pages falling out of your packet.

You sound very organized - I'm hoping your ROC process goes well!

Sukie

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sukie said:

You can print your phone number anywhere on the check - maybe up by the check number on the top right?

I used a piece of colored paper between each "section" (like bank accounts), and then used a Post-It Note to make a "tab" on the section divider.  Be sure to use tape on the Post-It note so it will not pull away!  I did not separate out the 3 month or 6 month, but did separate bank account from credit card statement, etc.

I did not write the A# on each page.  Pages with names on it I thought would be OK.  But if there was no clear identification on the page, I put the A#.  Because you are using Acco clips, there is no danger of pages falling out of your packet.

You sound very organized - I'm hoping your ROC process goes well!

Sukie

thanks again for the advise.

yes number is on the top right, our name on the left side then date. he wrote our address under our name and theres tiny space under the address between the line 'Pay to'.  if the phone number is nessesary, ill ask him to write it down small..

i just found out that i forgot to put my maiden name as Other name used in I751 form.. i guess ill have to put my maiden name first at Part1, 2a. then another name (from previous marriage) at 3a.

ill try to mail my packet on same day as the date of sign on check, I751 form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

No need for both to sign check.  Just make sure you enter in the memo portion alien number and i-751 application. Check made out to US Department of Homeland Security.

Archie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.