Eiramana

Is there deadline to submit your DS-260 online?

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I got my manila case number already.. Last march 9.. But we need more time to take care of our belongings here in Philippines before we fly to USA. 

based on the email i received i have1 yr to apply for my visa.. But the question is is there a deadline to submit my DS-260?

If i am planning to schedule an interview on November is it ok to submit my DS-260 weeks before november. 

Or i can submit it now or this month already and wait for november? 

Thank u :)

you still have a lot to do after getting your MNL case number,

as per an immigration lawyer " The National Visa Center gives you one year to submit all required documents. If you are requested to send additional information or your first submission is incomplete the one year begins again upon your receipt of correspondence from the USCIS. "

you may submit the DS260, and just schedule the interview on a later date for example on september if you intend to fly on November

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

One is expected to submit the DS-260 within one year of receiving the case number.

Once the DS-260 is filed, it remains valid for 3 months within which one should schedule the interview.

(I filed on 3rd jan and it said valid till 31st march)

It is my opinion that if USCIS has asked for a document, you are expected to submit within 60 days.

Hope that helps.

Edited by patriot10

16 hours ago, patriot10 said:

One is expected to submit the DS-260 within one year of receiving the case number.

Once the DS-260 is filed, it remains valid for 3 months within which one should schedule the interview.

It is my opinion that if USCIS has asked for a document, you are expected to submit within 60 days.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot.. Big help :)

On 3/11/2017 at 11:10 AM, R and KJ said:

you still have a lot to do after getting your MNL case number,

as per an immigration lawyer " The National Visa Center gives you one year to submit all required documents. If you are requested to send additional information or your first submission is incomplete the one year begins again upon your receipt of correspondence from the USCIS. "

you may submit the DS260, and just schedule the interview on a later date for example on september if you intend to fly on November

Hello! Thank you very much for this information :)..

On 3/11/2017 at 9:56 PM, patriot10 said:

Hope that helps.

Wow thank you.. I guess i could send my DS-260 on august or september then do interview November :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.